• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Actual constructive ideas on increasing PvP without decreasing server population

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
You have to remember this isn't Bastion, and what happened there and worked there is not a 100% Fix nowadays.
The stuff added today doesn't work at all either. If the server was rewhitelisted I'd love to see the actual dedicated player count(It would be under 30 people). Having the server be more simplistic would work much more then a townships plugin where I have to spend hours on the wiki reading up to find out nearly half the buildings are bugged.

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
I would love to play on pvp, but every time I leave the safezones to do anything productive I get a pair of shears in my back or a fireball to the throat.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I would love to play on pvp, but every time I leave the safezones to do anything productive I get a pair of shears in my back or a fireball to the throat.
that really just isn't true, you can spend hours right by spawn in pvp and not have anyone come after you anymore.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
that really just isn't true, you can spend hours right by spawn in pvp and not have anyone come after you anymore.
Maybe his experience is different than yours? I don't dare wander PvP too often cause I always run into either groups or just someone who's a better PvPer than me (which isn't really saying much. I'm a terrible Bard).

We all have different experiences with wandering yours is not seeing anyone. Mine is running into groups. His is getting ganked by ninjas and casters.

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!

See that's when you would group up with others to prevent that, but that doesn't happen anymore cause of PvE world.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
See that's when you would group up with others to prevent that, but that doesn't happen anymore cause of PvE world.
Actually it's because no one wants to. I've seen people try to group up to venture into PvP and no one would help them. Everyone wants to either play with just their friends, solo, or don't want a lvl 1.

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
Actually it's because no one wants to. I've seen people try to group up to venture into PvP and no one would help them. Everyone wants to either play with just their friends, solo, or don't want a lvl 1.

Your not getting what I'm saying, I'm saying if there were no PvE world then there would be no "venturing into PvP" they would always be in the PvP world. Instead the person would either join a PvP town, create a group, or make their own town. I'm referring back to when people actually grouped up to defend themselves and fight others.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Your not getting what I'm saying, I'm saying if there were no PvE world then there would be no "venturing into PvP" they would always be in the PvP world. Instead the person would either join a PvP town, create a group, or make their own town. I'm referring back to when people actually grouped up to defend themselves and fight others.
in dg people who didn't really pvp were fine, they had towns, they would get raided yes but they would group up and fight. This is what made the server so fun, and pve ruined it.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Only low leveled people "venture into PvP". What happens to them? They get killed by high levels. Why do they go there? They wander into it, heads high. What will happen if the whole world was PvP? ALL NOOBS will be killed in this way, with the exception of a few lucky ones.

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
Only low leveled people "venture into PvP". What happens to them? They get killed by high levels. Why do they go there? They wander into it, heads high. What will happen if the whole world was PvP? ALL NOOBS will be killed in this way, with the exception of a few lucky ones.

Imagine what the maps before Haven Aegis and Volarium were like, they must have been the horrible! (Sarcasm)

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
in dg people who didn't really pvp were fine, they had towns, they would get raided yes but they would group up and fight. This is what made the server so fun, and pve ruined it.

This is why there are 0 new PvPers/PvP Groups since after Haven.

Dewyn

Retired Staff
I'm honestly wishing I'd been around on the old maps now, current HC seems so bland compared to all of these stories I hear.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
This is why there are 0 new PvPers/PvP Groups since after Haven.
the only pvp groups are ones who used to play and know what hc once was and could be.

any real pvp groups that would come on go "wow this pve shit ruins the pvp world, yeah im not playing this with my group bye"

Eligof

Legacy Supporter 4
no one is giving ideas... all I can read are complains and supposedly "good times" from previous maps...

If admins change those maps and took away all PvP there is a reason ask them first!.

by the way look at Herocraft strengths and weaknesses, dont try to improve a weakness by decreasing a strength!

I dont like PvP as many ofthe PvE members that currently play Herocraft, if herocraft want to have PvP admins need to look to other games and check they cope with that.

As I post before make PvP optional.

another idea:

develop a road system that conect both continents and reach at least the center point of each map quadrant, make this road area and some blocks around non-PvP (example 10 block each side of road or a chunk or whatever) all player will be able to walk (run or even ride a horse) by the road and be able to reach safetly most of the areas, but as soon as they leave the protected road area they can be prey fo thos few but blood
thirsty seasoned players.
Things wont be easy for both type of players... the PvE must travel it checking if they are not being followed by a PvP player or group, and those PvP players wil need to locate PvE players on the road and wait if they left the road.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
You forgot the other option that was very popular before PvE, they might Leave, which is what was happening.

When PvE was first proposed I was one of the loudest opponents of it. I still don't think it is the best solution to the problem. But it so the only solution they are willing to implement for the problem it was intended to address. Don't take my word for the why go do the research.

PvE is not going to go away. It is working as intended. Not as well as hoped, and as decisive as I said it would be at the time, but basically as intended.

Xhazed

Portal
Why not make 2 different servers..... Cause i dont really see a use on pvp having to have to do anything in pve and viceversa...... Problem fixed?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Why not make 2 different servers..... Cause i dont really see a use on pvp having to have to do anything in pve and viceversa...... Problem fixed?
Look at last map. It was even worse.

People still don't want to team up. Even if they were already in PvP no one would help the new ayers out. And when the noob went out of spawn he got killed, most likely cause the high levels saw in chat he was new and trying to PvP so they hunted him but maybe it was luck.
If we want people to go to PvP we need incentives and a community's which doesn't just destroy. Stronghold posted something last time along the lines of "Drop the sword, grab a pick".
Meaning, stop thinking of nothing but PvP and try to find other parts of the game that interest you. Townships is a lot of fun considering how rewarding it can get to be.
PvP can be a ton of fun. However being ganked by a lvl 61 when you're lvl 1 have maybe have stone tools is not. There NEEDS to be some incentive put in place for PvP (I still think we should reduce the XP and souls from mobs on PvE, and find other incentives).

Also,
Some people simply get bored of minecraft. Herocraft attempts to add a lot of content to MC to make it more fun and last longer. Even then sometimes you've done everything and not even heroes makes you want to stay.

Last edited:

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Suggestion of having factions (not the actual faction plugin);

+Have a set amount of 'factions' with premade names/ colour
+have it so it costs 250- 500 souls to join a faction (player is randomly assigned to a faction when opting to join one, will stop players stacking certain factions)
+have a 14 day CD on faction change
+have conquest points that can only be interacted though faction members (there will be a 2 day notice of any upcoming conquest point)
+increase max party size to 40+ OR have 'faction parties' that stop players damaging allies
+have rewards for the factions that get top kills, top capture points, most heals ect per 2 weeks
+players will then be kicked after 14 days and would need to opt to join one again
+have faction 'bases' (pre made tp locations for that specific faction) near conquest points

Pros;

+Gives players a chance to PVP in big parties
+helps give a even playing field in terms of PVP (no more stacked parties to an extent)
+More PVP, helps take souls and items out of econ, adds more fun
+would help mix both PVE and PVP players together

Cons;

+may need another plugin?
+would take a lot of time to set up
+might draw to much away from arena and general PVP

Thoughts;

The main problem I see currently is the skill diffrence as well as party size diffrence between existing PVP players and new players coming across from PVE/ new players to PVP. With this, it would help introduce more inexperienced players into what it's actually like to fight within a team that actually has support classes or healers ect and generally give an objective to compete for against rival factions. Due to it not requiring that much of a time/ resource sink (just needs players to get decent gear for PVP), I really do think it would draw a lot more players into the PVP side of this server.