• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Actual constructive ideas on increasing PvP without decreasing server population

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Since when was necro bad?
well when the entire enemy team consists of clerics bards and paladins necro not only doesn't have the burst to deal with the heals from cleric, but also gets the shit cc'd out of it by bard, ie 5 seconds of silence with a slow to fuck up kiting ability.

The classes themselves aren't bad, but all the counters are strong and very popular.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Kill them in the 15 seconds, seriously, its like killing a zombie.

Never, necro = OP imo
How does a warmup on a skill make it hard to get from PVE to PVP and necro wasn't op because of all of the disciples taking away half of their dmg with 1 skill last map and this map there are so many clerics that you have burned all of your mana and they still are full hp

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Since when was necro bad?
Did i say necro was bad if so im sorry, its just not good like majority of rogues and casters, rshooter i think your smart enough to realize people are not gonna take a necro over cleric or druid, especially this age, but we are the ones to blame its our fault that everyone is worried about team comps and who has more clerics. We are the ones to fix it, screw cleric have fun and play dragoon

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Did i say necro was bad if so im sorry, its just not good like majority of rogues and casters, rshooter i think your smart enough to realize people are not gonna take a necro over cleric or druid, especially this age, but we are the ones to blame its our fault that everyone is worried about team comps and who has more clerics. We are the ones to fix it, screw cleric have fun and play dragoon
I was never worried about team comp unless it was a tourney, just whatever seemed fun. Like ninja before that huge buff.

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!

I wasn't talking about from a team fight perspective. And it doesn't help that most of these "support" classes counter a lot of these sometimes "better" solo classes. It also doesn't help when bad balance changes occur such as the buffing of disciple or giving cleric wrath? I mean why would you give a class meant to basically just heal another damaging skill, I mean seriously come on now. Now lets take a look at the top 1 vs 1 classes.

1. Disciple
2. Druid
3. Cleric
4. Dreadknight
5. Paladin

Notice how most of these classes are healers, or have some sort of healing ability. This is also why these classes are the most used in team fights. If a class can't heal then most of the time it's useless in team fights, these types of classes such as ninja dragoon and necro fall into the "subpar" category. The only way to kill classes like disciple and Druid who basically have unlimited mana is to out-damage their heals, but the problem with that is most of the classes that could potentially out-damage these classes are hard countered by classes like disciple or other healers.

Last edited:

xMJay

Portal

The fault lies completely on the balance team. You cannot tell people to not play classes because they are too good.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
The fault lies completely on the balance team. You cannot tell people to not play classes because they are too good.
well since we had no probs of stacked healers back in bastion I would not say its entirely the balance's team fault

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
You can't fault players for wanting to win.
Well it seems like they want to win a little too much, since they do they are making the game less fun for everyone else, the only way to fight 5 person party with 3-4 healers and a bard is to do the exact same thing and those players should realize its driving away pvp the only class diversity is in pve, quite sad how it has changed, all because some people would rather win then enjoy the game

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
You can't fault players for wanting to win.
well since we had no probs of stacked healers back in bastion I would not say its entirely the balance's team fault

In bastion you couldn't stack healers because samurai was the most broken fucking thing in the world. The first two tournaments the winning teams ran Bard, Cleric, Beguiler, Samurai, Paladin, solely focused on buffing the shit out of the samurai. It had 270 damage on cleave with a gold sword, and because of its insane damage, mobility and mortalwound it was hard to play healers against it. Same with bard at the start of bastion, the speed 4 on accelerando and the slowness 4 on melodicbinding REALLY fucked over any kiting class, and I say this from experiencing both ends of that.

During the middle of bastion when the left click bug with samurai was fixed and it had mortalwound removed, healers became more noticed. Then people realized how fucking broken cleric was. There were a lot of clerics mid to late Bastion because of how strong they were with a fire aspect knockback sword, they were untouchable. Near the end of Bastion, global cooldowns went from 0.5 seconds to 1 second. And that change right there made bloodmage the most retarded thing in the game. It could kite around long enough to deal with burst and still provide it's own damage, because there wasn't the instantaneous abilities anymore. Wizard got really screwed over by this, as did warriors, because when bloodmage was super strong that made warriors really weak. Fighting a warrior as a bloodmage was honestly the easiest thing in the world. Thickenblood instantly throws out all their stamina and the half second warmups on the skills was incredibly broken.

Classes are strong because in any game, there will exist a meta, at least in PvP games. Certain classes will be strong because other classes are weak, or because the other strong classes are countered by this class. When I started playing again in Bastion, there were basically no bloodmages because the class didn't seem very interesting. I started playing with it, and as other people started picking it up they realized how broken it was. This caused other classes to fall off. Making a change to (for example) nerf the power of armour is not only a nerf to warriors, but an indirect buff to classes like ranger.

xMJay

Portal
Well it seems like they want to win a little too much, since they do they are making the game less fun for everyone else, the only way to fight 5 person party with 3-4 healers and a bard is to do the exact same thing and those players should realize its driving away pvp the only class diversity is in pve, quite sad how it has changed, all because some people would rather win then enjoy the game
Once again, it is the balance team's job to make multiple team comps viable.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Once again, it is the balance team's job to make multiple team comps viable.
I understand a lot of the blame can possibly fall on the balance team, but if you have any ideas we are all ears. Sometimes its hard to agree to buff a class without making its counter useless, or other classes of its archtype seem less viable. So again, fire away.

PhantomWarriorA

ICE ICE ICE!
I understand a lot of the blame can possibly fall on the balance team, but if you have any ideas we are all ears. Sometimes its hard to agree to buff a class without making its counter useless, or other classes of its archtype seem less viable. So again, fire away.
1 aoe heal at a time? Still able to keep a healer and be effective yet not able to stack ehhhhhhhhhhhh?

xMJay

Portal
I am not really calling out balance team. I am responding to munchlax claiming it is the player's fault that there is little class diversity in pvp. PvP is competitive. I am sure some people have fun pvping win or lose :rolleyes:... In a competitive game there are people who will try to gain every advantage and picking the best team compositions is on top of that list. @munchlaxhero Making more team comps viable is much easier than changing human nature.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I would love to give feedback, but my app isn't being responded to q_q

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
I am not really calling out balance team. I am responding to munchlax claiming it is the player's fault that there is little class diversity in pvp. PvP is competitive. I am sure some people have fun pvping win or lose :rolleyes:... In a competitive game there are people who will try to gain every advantage and picking the best team compositions is on top of that list. @munchlaxhero Making more team comps viable is much easier than changing human nature.
Odd its as if back in bastion we all played the same op classes, we did to a point but its nothing compared to what is going on now and dont say its all balances fault most of us dont care that much about winning and we would like to play our favorite classes

xMJay

Portal
Odd its as if back in bastion we all played the same op classes, we did to a point but its nothing compared to what is going on now and dont say its all balances fault most of us dont care that much about winning and we would like to play our favorite classes

There is nothing stopping anyone form playing any class that they want...Atm I am ninja. Glacial_reign and rshooter are pyromancer and dreadknight, respectively. You can play whatever class you want.

You are saying groups of people shouldn't make the best team compositions that they possibly can, which makes no sense. Yes I wouldn't team fight with a bad class composition, but that is just me. Join another group if you have a problem with that.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
How does a warmup on a skill make it hard to get from PVE to PVP and necro wasn't op because of all of the disciples taking away half of their dmg with 1 skill last map and this map there are so many clerics that you have burned all of your mana and they still are full hp
15 seconds of no spells and decresed movement seems pretty easy to kill someone.
I meant OP in a 1v1 as a wiz or a dk (because a 1v1 against me lv60 wiz/someone else in arenas- think it was beau, a like 30 or something dk I believe, wrecked both of us, we never beat him).
Omg i dont think you understand how pvp world is, its not u walk out of spawn o im dead, and even if they die stay at the gy and warp?
Well you killed the person didn't you? After this (with some lenience) it's just spawn camping.