• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Your names origin

ashiirra

Stone
Hi, I'm a new player to herocraft and in my boredom waiting for the map wipe I have been watching your forums... I haven't seen a post like this so I thought I'd throw it out there.

So the question:

Where did your game name come from?

Mine is a play on ashiin, who is a character from a book I enjoyed. She is a fox elf (aka can turn into a fox at will) who trains the main character how to fight. Ashiin literally means fox in the play language of the book.

So? Where did you names come from?

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
The first year World of Warcraft came out, I saw my cousin playing, and he used the name Jorict for his character. Ever since I've used Jorict. Don't know why.

GraRona

Portal
I like the word granola and I make fun of my brother by calling him rona and the name granola was taken so I had to go with dumb GraRona instead of epic granola.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
It sounded cool and is similar to many ores which I found fitting to minecraft. (yte is pronounced like ite, a common ending in the names of ores)

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
My name's story is rather long, so here it is.

I used to play runescape, and a character there that sold runes was named "Aubury." When starting WoW, I couldn't think of a name so I used "Aubury." Now, in a completely different wierd, short game, I had to name a character. I named that character "Bobray" a kind of modification to "Aubury." Now finally, when we reach minecraft, I put the "Iar" infront of the "Bobray" becuase it would make my name "I are bob ray" and it a slight modification of my real name.

The more you know.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Well my real name is Dylan, and I used to work at a lodge for rich, prejudiced, and ignorant white people. Whenever they would try to read my name off my nametag they would pronounce it "Die-lawn". So it kinda stuck. I told this story to some friends and they never let me forget it, so it only made sense to use it for everything. Besides, it sounds cool.

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
Well my real name is Dylan, and I used to work at a lodge for rich, prejudiced, and ignorant white people. Whenever they would try to read my name off my nametag they would pronounce it "Die-lawn". So it kinda stuck. I told this story to some friends and they never let me forget it, so it only made sense to use it for everything. Besides, it sounds cool.
Haha nice

GraRona

Portal

Dude, I can TOTALLY imagine that happening!

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Well, my name first started off as kevinl on page simular facebook(facebook wasn't up yet) and kevinllllll on youtube, then it evolved to kevinlive as from how my msn was(kevinl@live etc) since kevinl was taken everywhere, and from there my name evolved to kevinSlivez just because kevinlive is usually taken(I cant switch my mc name tho).

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Made a youtube account 2 years ago. Kenneth was taken, so i was suggested EtKEnn.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I saw a symbol spray painted on a wall as a child. For some reason I just started calling it "The Symbol" and I would be its follower... but what would I call myself being a follower of the Symbol? A Symbolite of course and so ever since, just about every game I've ever played that has been my name.

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3

NUUUUUUUU Your name is pronounced Dee-lan!!! wtf my world is coming to pieces!!! :O

Anyway, my name came from a misread version of a DrunknMunky t-shirt, and I have stuck with it ever since :D

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
Take off the Z in my name, replace it with a K. That's my RL name... weird, huh?

And @Iarbobray I REMEMBER THAT AUBURY GUY TOO