• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Wipe extended to September 7th :(

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Dragongarde didn't have many people on it that often. Usually around 50-90 people but when the no white list weekend came it went up to 100-180 people. I think that grey list will increase the people we have but it wont fill the whole server.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
It'd be nice if we could have a limit on the Greylisted users allowed to be online at any one time, seperate to the whitelisted cap but seperate entirely ( Can't really imagine being booted off the server because some other guy wanted to play instead, just because they're whitelisted @Angyles )

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
It'd be nice if we could have a limit on the Greylisted users allowed to be online at any one time, seperate to the whitelisted cap but seperate entirely ( Can't really imagine being booted off the server because some other guy wanted to play instead, just because they're whitelisted @Angyles )

Well technically the greylist does limit people on what they can do. They cannot build nor destroy things, but they can pvp and level combat. It also prohibits chatting in certain channels.

Think of it as a probationary list more or less. It is designed to allow people who cannot normally be whitelisted, because of age or past bans, to play.

So in a way whitelisted member should be granted priority over a greylisted member.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
Well technically the greylist does limit people on what they can do. They cannot build nor destroy things, but they can pvp and level combat. It also prohibits chatting in certain channels.

Think of it as a probationary list more or less. It is designed to allow people who cannot normally be whitelisted, because of age or past bans, to play.

So in a way whitelisted member should be granted priority over a greylisted member.

I agree that they're a limited member, but in essence the point of a greylist is to give users a taste of the server before they join in. Getting kicked out once they finally do get through the 200 cap because someone who's already whitelisted felt like it isn't the best first taste they could get.

I think kicking someone from the server to let someone else on so they can play, in any situation regardless of priority, isn't the way to go.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7

Can they buy stuff from ChestShop? Then they would be pretty much the same at Pvp.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
I personally don't like the greylist idea because I feel if someone wanted to play HC they would take the few minutes to make a application and I feel that it could possibly bring in the wrong crowd and potential trolls.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
Can they buy stuff from ChestShop? Then they would be pretty much the same at Pvp.

I don't think they actually can PvP through the server permissions - They're just getting a trial of the server, so they can't kill people or take damage from other players because they're in a state of PVP-OFF. Though I'm not 100% sure, ofc.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't think they actually can PvP through the server permissions - They're just getting a trial of the server, so they can't kill people or take damage from other players because they're in a state of PVP-OFF. Though I'm not 100% sure, ofc.

I think they can pvp, because from what has been said the only things they cannot do is build, destroy ((Like mining, I think)), and speak in certain channels. As far as I know nothing else is limited.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
Hmmmm, I guess that has upsides and downsides. But then again, most greylisted users will (hopefully) whitelist before they hit level 10, and before then they would have PvP immunity.

^ Still against kicking them to make way for whitelisted users, though

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Hmmmm, I guess that has upsides and downsides. But then again, most greylisted users will (hopefully) whitelist before they hit level 10, and before then they would have PvP immunity.

^ Still against kicking them to make way for whitelisted users, though

But let's say that the entire list is taken up by people on the greylist, I know it's NEVER going to happen but go with me here. How fair is it that people who took the time to put in an application and get accepted cannot join because of everyone on the greylist? It is farfetched I know, but shouldn't the people on the whitelist have priority?

I do not see how someone who was denied for having 15 bans on their record get priority over someone like you Shadow =P

The chances are slim we will have that many people on at the same time, it is a ton of people. I was just curious if one took priority over the other. =)

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
I acknowledge that whitelisted users shouldn't be denied a spot because of greylisted users - but I still think kicking them is extreme. Just being removed for the server for someone else to play sucks, and let's face it - most greylisted users are newbs, not denied users carrying 15 bans ;)

The solution I'd like to put forward here is adding a separate cap for greylisted users - let's say, 25. In effect 25 greylisted users can be online at any time, while 175 whitelisted users can be on. If the whitelisted cap is full and there is space in the greylist cap, whitelisted users can fill that cap. But if the greylist is full and the whitelisted cap isn't, greylisted users can't bypass their cap. If both are full, neither can kick each other off - whitelisted users can't fill the greylist cap if it's already full with greylisted users.

Just my idea.

Edit: Feel a bit rude coming in and calling someone else's solution to the same problem harsh and then putting my own in. Sorry about that haha.