• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Wiki - Updates and Discussion

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
This is a place to discuss what's happening at the wiki, and what you'd like to see happen. :D

Please post your suggestions, questions, error reports and so on.

And please help us out with planning new content. What questions did you ask as a new player that you couldn't find answers for in the wiki? What questions are you asking now?

This thread is also a place to post about significant changes that have been made at the wiki to keep players up to date.

For your information: @Wiki Team @Guides @Proctors @Heralds @Admins @Moderators

Last edited:

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Recent changes at the wiki:
Discussion / feedback / error reports welcome!

prohhmetheus

Legacy Supporter 6
I think it would be a good idea to have more links in the navigation bar, taken from the Main Page. i.e Maps & Permissions, Plugin Systems, Mod Pack, Commands (since some of them aren't in the Newbie Guide), and Townships. I only say this because it took me a while to notice the main page, because whenever I visited the wiki it was via links to pages other than the main page.

Also, it may be helpful to give the Commands header on the main page a link to it's own page. A list of all the commands separated by section, similar to the Newbie Guide.

Hope this helps :)

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I think it would be a good idea to have more links in the navigation bar, taken from the Main Page. i.e Maps & Permissions, Plugin Systems, Mod Pack, Commands (since some of them aren't in the Newbie Guide), and Townships. I only say this because it took me a while to notice the main page, because whenever I visited the wiki it was via links to pages other than the main page.

Also, it may be helpful to give the Commands header on the main page a link to it's own page. A list of all the commands separated by section, similar to the Newbie Guide.

Hope this helps :)
Thanks prohhmetheus for your input. I'll follow up on your suggestions about a Commands summary page.

I hadn't anticipated the effect of people going directly to content pages rather than by the front page. Is this because you're following hc.to short links?

I take your point about the nav bar - you mean the panel on the left? I've never figured out how to get it edited. As there is a plan to move the wiki to a new platform soonish, this might not get addressed in the current format but should be considered for the new one.

prohhmetheus

Legacy Supporter 6
I hadn't anticipated the effect of people going directly to content pages rather than by the front page. Is this because you're following hc.to short links?

I'm not entirely sure, but I think I was first directed to the wiki via the "server rules" and "Heroes" links in the Application Guide/Rules thread.

I take your point about the nav bar - you mean the panel on the left? I've never figured out how to get it edited. As there is a plan to move the wiki to a new platform soonish, this might not get addressed in the current format but should be considered for the new one.

Yea, the panel on the left. I wouldn't be too concerned with it though, as it isn't a real issue. I just remember being slightly confused when I was told something was on the wiki but I didn't see it in the nav/menu bar. Looking back, it was more of a problem on my end with me not noticing the Main Page.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Yea, the panel on the left. I wouldn't be too concerned with it though, as it isn't a real issue. I just remember being slightly confused when I was told something was on the wiki but I didn't see it in the nav/menu bar. Looking back, it was more of a problem on my end with me not noticing the Main Page.
I've found out how to edit it!

Check out my changes, and then please tell me what you'd like to see there. Thanks!