• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Forums - tagging groups is inconsistent

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Tagging groups works inconsistently.

With "testing" in three threads over the last few hours,
  • Guides and Heralds did and did not receive notifications - they might receive it in one thread but not the other (posted by the same person ie me). Also, EtKEnn, for example, failed to get one Herald notification from me in a thread but received it when posted by Angyles in the same thread. However he received it when posted by me in another thread later.
  • Sometimes we would receive double notifications, and sometimes none.
  • One person reported not getting a notification for a personal tag earlier in the day.
  • Angyles tagged a number of groups in the third thread listed below asking everyone who received the notification to post in the thread. Very few people have responded (although more might in the next few hours).
I started one of the threads specifically to test the problem to see if any hints or clues might emerge.

These are the threads:
One of the tricky aspects of testing, of course, is that you don't hear from the people who don't receive the notification! For this reason I tagged a number of people both by their group and personally. Results were inconsistent with some getting one notification only and some getting both. Twice people received an extra notification.

NOTE: Please do not use the Wiki threads for further testing, and after this is resolved, please remove the discussion that is not relevant to the OP in those two threads. Thank you.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I continue to use tags in hope ... with these responses:

Oddly enough, I got the Guide tag from post 9, but not 1.

Can confirm haha...

indicating the group tags in the OP didn't work, but did further down the thread - for these two players at least. Again, who knows whether the people who don't post are getting the notifications or not?