• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Want Skills? Suggest them!

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
A Trait system would be really cool. Maybe being able to unlock traits by completing dungeons as well :eek:

I had an idea while reading about the levitation and thinking about safefall. Would it be possible that a skill be coded to let a player fall as a chicken would fall? Would make for some intense jumps in cities and off walls. Would be suited for a rogue class I would guess. Maybe just force the player to ride a chicken :p

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
lets make a skill call love, so when people say a class needs love we can be literal.
-You get a whisper from Kainzo saying, I am on it.
OR
Random chance for Brutal to pop up and umm he will use his own "Love" on you.

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
LOL, I love the idea Peter.

Everytime someone in game has a suggestion they put /suggestion [suggestion] with Kainzo replying "we're on it" Everytime. The suggestions can then be forwarded to some random users mailbox.

Elmeerkat

Legacy Supporter 4
i think it would be cool if beastmasters could disguise themselves as animals (like this plugin). maybe it could be like ninja's smoke lasting only a short time and taking lots of mana or it could even replace sneak for beastmasters but maybe last a shorter time. it would of course break on attack otherwise there would be a random pig or something attacking you and you wouldn't know. also it could be that the beastmaster transforms into a wolf. their wolf minions would follow them and it would look like a free roaming wolf pack.
this skill could also work for enchanters instead but last for a very short amount of time. in the plugin if you disguise as any animal you don't get attacked by hostile mobs that haven't noticed you yet so it could also be good for crossing mob infested caves. i don't know exactly how it could be implemented but i think it would be *really* cool.

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
i think it would be cool if beastmasters could disguise themselves as animals (like this plugin). maybe it could be like ninja's smoke lasting only a short time and taking lots of mana or it could even replace sneak for beastmasters but maybe last a shorter time. it would of course break on attack otherwise there would be a random pig or something attacking you and you wouldn't know. also it could be that the beastmaster transforms into a wolf. their wolf minions would follow them and it would look like a free roaming wolf pack.
this skill could also work for enchanters instead but last for a very short amount of time. in the plugin if you disguise as any animal you don't get attacked by hostile mobs that haven't noticed you yet so it could also be good for crossing mob infested caves. i don't know exactly how it could be implemented but i think it would be *really* cool.

I brought up a similar if not the same plugin because i cant see your link in the latest HC meeting, kainzo has played around with it I belived and said that it's too buggy to work Heroes.

TechNinja

Coal
NOTE: I have no idea how realistic these ideas are, but they're just some neat thoughts i had on skill ideas, maybe you can be inspired from them. I personally am not a developer but am a quick learn and am willing to help if at all possible.

Ideas:
- Adding rooting/slowing/freezing effects to ice skills?
Steal - percentage based success random item transfer

Travel Skills -
- Hover - short duration terrain traversing skill (think hover over lava pools, traps, etc.)
- Temporary Flight
- Shift - limited target based teleportation (left click target, right click point to teleport)
- Transposition - switch places with target with limited range
- Temporal Mastery - cause damage to target when using certain teleportation spells

Earth Spells -
- Fissure - creates a gap in the terrain to a certain depth in targeted area
- Shell - grants temporary armor bonus(es)
- Harden - Temporarily increase duration and strength of all Earth Spells
- Pillar(s) - creates pillar(s) of terrain in targeted area
- Encase - offensive shell to encase target in enclosed terrain, sealing off oxygen and causing DoT
- Crush - creates 1 block of terrain on all sides of target and quickly propels them inward, crushing target

HP consumption Skills - (for vampire-esque classes)
- Bite - short range, equal amounts small damage and health restored
- Transfusion - lose (x) hp to drain and gain (yx) hp from target
- Bloodlust - lose HP over time for damage and speed bonuses
- Enamor - lose hp to temporarily make target friendly (unable to attack/target user with spells)
- Taint - lose hp to cause DoT to target

Armor Breaking Skills -
- Percentage based chance to destroy targets' specific armor pieces

Melee Skills -
- Assault - Rushes toward opponent and quickly deals three melee attacks, or just 3x current melee damage
- Break/Disable (Arm/Leg) - "break limbs" diable use of items/melee/movement for a period of time
- Block - negate damage of next attack
- Counter - Negate damage of next attack, and deal melee damage
- Lightning Reflexes - auto-counter, every (x) seconds

Illusion Spells -
- Dupe - create low hp dummy (doesnt attack) of target, maybe summon NPC
- Clone - create 1 to 2 moderate hp clones of self
- Dark - deals damage + temporarily forces target to see night time
- Blind - minor damage + temporarily disables vision/targetting reticle of target
- Flashfire - cause minor damage and imbue "faux flames" that make target look on fire, but deal no damage
- FreeFall - deal damage and make target freefall for set duration, (maybe teleport them extremely high in the air for a short duration and teleport back)
- Mind's Eye - "Make all illusion spells more real, making them cause more damage." Greatly increase damage on illusion spells.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
NOTE: I have no idea how realistic these ideas are, but they're just some neat thoughts i had on skill ideas, maybe you can be inspired from them. I personally am not a developer but am a quick learn and am willing to help if at all possible.

Ideas:
- Adding rooting/slowing/freezing effects to ice skills?
Steal - percentage based success random item transfer

Travel Skills -
- Hover - short duration terrain traversing skill (think hover over lava pools, traps, etc.)
- Temporary Flight
- Shift - limited target based teleportation (left click target, right click point to teleport)
- Transposition - switch places with target with limited range
- Temporal Mastery - cause damage to target when using certain teleportation spells

Earth Spells -
- Fissure - creates a gap in the terrain to a certain depth in targeted area
- Shell - grants temporary armor bonus(es)
- Harden - Temporarily increase duration and strength of all Earth Spells
- Pillar(s) - creates pillar(s) of terrain in targeted area
- Encase - offensive shell to encase target in enclosed terrain, sealing off oxygen and causing DoT
- Crush - creates 1 block of terrain on all sides of target and quickly propels them inward, crushing target

HP consumption Skills - (for vampire-esque classes)
- Bite - short range, equal amounts small damage and health restored
- Transfusion - lose (x) hp to drain and gain (yx) hp from target
- Bloodlust - lose HP over time for damage and speed bonuses
- Enamor - lose hp to temporarily make target friendly (unable to attack/target user with spells)
- Taint - lose hp to cause DoT to target

Armor Breaking Skills -
- Percentage based chance to destroy targets' specific armor pieces

Melee Skills -
- Assault - Rushes toward opponent and quickly deals three melee attacks, or just 3x current melee damage
- Break/Disable (Arm/Leg) - "break limbs" diable use of items/melee/movement for a period of time
- Block - negate damage of next attack
- Counter - Negate damage of next attack, and deal melee damage
- Lightning Reflexes - auto-counter, every (x) seconds

Illusion Spells -
- Dupe - create low hp dummy (doesnt attack) of target, maybe summon NPC
- Clone - create 1 to 2 moderate hp clones of self
- Dark - deals damage + temporarily forces target to see night time
- Blind - minor damage + temporarily disables vision/targetting reticle of target
- Flashfire - cause minor damage and imbue "faux flames" that make target look on fire, but deal no damage
- FreeFall - deal damage and make target freefall for set duration, (maybe teleport them extremely high in the air for a short duration and teleport back)
- Mind's Eye - "Make all illusion spells more real, making them cause more damage." Greatly increase damage on illusion spells.

Steal would not work, because if you were standing next to someone, it may randomly change items with them which would be a pain in the ass.

Hover sounds like a cool idea that was kinda mentioned above ^.

Shift is a toned down version of blink.

Transportation is a lot like shift.

Temporal Mastery does not make much sense.

Fissure could be too easily exploited and would cause lag.

Shell is like a skill that is passive for dragoons (cant remember the name)

Pillars would be too easily exploited.

Encase could be exploited and sounds too OP

Crush would be hard to pull off and would be exploited

Bite sounds like a good idea.

Transfusion doesn't make much sense at all, it would basically be an attack.

Bloodlust sounds like a good idea

Armor Breaking Skill is waaay too op and would cause much more problems then it would resolve
assault is pretty much a skill dragoons have

Break/disable sounds like many other existing skills

block sounds like a good idea, but would not fit well as a skill

Counter sounds familiar, but I cannot remember what from..

Lightning Reflexes sounds like a good passive skill

Dupe and Clone would be horribly laggy and be way to op

Dark is not that useful, as it would be hard to make the place black for one person, and people can still see at night

Blind would be hard to pull off

Flashfire seems very unnecessary and useless
freefall would cause lag, may be exploited, and is pretty much doing damage for an increased amount of mana

Minds eye if passive would be alright, but for a mana cost, it would be useless as the other illusion skills would consume a large amount of mana too

TechNinja

Coal
Steal would not work, because if you were standing next to someone, it may randomly change items with them which would be a pain in the ass.

Hover sounds like a cool idea that was kinda mentioned above ^.

Shift is a toned down version of blink.

Transportation is a lot like shift.

Temporal Mastery does not make much sense.

Fissure could be too easily exploited and would cause lag.

Shell is like a skill that is passive for dragoons (cant remember the name)

Pillars would be too easily exploited.

Encase could be exploited and sounds too OP

Crush would be hard to pull off and would be exploited

Bite sounds like a good idea.

Transfusion doesn't make much sense at all, it would basically be an attack.

Bloodlust sounds like a good idea

Armor Breaking Skill is waaay too op and would cause much more problems then it would resolve
assault is pretty much a skill dragoons have

Break/disable sounds like many other existing skills

block sounds like a good idea, but would not fit well as a skill

Counter sounds familiar, but I cannot remember what from..

Lightning Reflexes sounds like a good passive skill

Dupe and Clone would be horribly laggy and be way to op

Dark is not that useful, as it would be hard to make the place black for one person, and people can still see at night

Blind would be hard to pull off

Flashfire seems very unnecessary and useless
freefall would cause lag, may be exploited, and is pretty much doing damage for an increased amount of mana

Minds eye if passive would be alright, but for a mana cost, it would be useless as the other illusion skills would consume a large amount of mana too

Some of your criticisms are a little unjustified, like to say something is OP when it has no values assigned to it is just silly.
Being overpowered is relative to the rest of the damage output, effects, costs, cooldowns and durations of the rest of the spells and skills game. Since all of those aspects can be adjusted, there is no reason to say a non-existent skill is "OP" and it is also safe to disregard any of your concerns about mana cost.

All of these skills, except "Temporal Mastery" and maybe "Minds Eye" are meant to be activated, as such they all would have cooldowns, durations and conditions when they would be active.

Steal - would be activated like any other skill, I've seen it in minecraft already, it shouldnt be hard to implement effectively. There is no worry about randomly stealing from random people.

Shift - IS blink, to a degree. TRANSPOSITION =/= to Shift since with shift you're not trading places with anything, nor are you specifying a target.

Temporal Mastery - simply applies damage to certain teleportation spells, like Transposition.

Encase - wouldnt be OP, since all you would need is a pickaxe, if that, to break free. Its more for the crowd control effect than anything. As are the majority of the "Earth Spells"

Transfusion - simply says you pay (x) amount of life to receive (y times x) amount back, I'm not entirely sure whats so difficult to understand about that. You spend 10 hp and you gain a (multiplier x 10) back. If you dont have enough health to cast the spell, you can't gain that amount of life. So no, its not "just an attack"

Dupe - would produce no more lag than a summon or spawn would. Also whats op about a clone that dies in a couple of hits?

Flashfire - if you make your enemy believe they are on fire, they may retreat, or try to put themselves out, giving you time to do whatever you like.

I do agree some skills MAY be exploitable but, these are just ideas and none of them have actually been designed yet so its tough to say that they would be any trouble at all, other than programming the actions and visual effects in game.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Some of your criticisms are a little unjustified, like to say something is OP when it has no values assigned to it is just silly.
Being overpowered is relative to the rest of the damage output, effects, costs, cooldowns and durations of the rest of the spells and skills game. Since all of those aspects can be adjusted, there is no reason to say a non-existent skill is "OP" and it is also safe to disregard any of your concerns about mana cost.

All of these skills, except "Temporal Mastery" and maybe "Minds Eye" are meant to be activated, as such they all would have cooldowns, durations and conditions when they would be active.

Steal - would be activated like any other skill, I've seen it in minecraft already, it shouldnt be hard to implement effectively. There is no worry about randomly stealing from random people.

Shift - IS blink, to a degree. TRANSPOSITION =/= to Shift since with shift you're not trading places with anything, nor are you specifying a target.

Temporal Mastery - simply applies damage to certain teleportation spells, like Transposition.

Encase - wouldnt be OP, since all you would need is a pickaxe, if that, to break free. Its more for the crowd control effect than anything. As are the majority of the "Earth Spells"

Transfusion - simply says you pay (x) amount of life to receive (y times x) amount back, I'm not entirely sure whats so difficult to understand about that. You spend 10 hp and you gain a (multiplier x 10) back. If you dont have enough health to cast the spell, you can't gain that amount of life. So no, its not "just an attack"

Dupe - would produce no more lag than a summon or spawn would. Also whats op about a clone that dies in a couple of hits?

Flashfire - if you make your enemy believe they are on fire, they may retreat, or try to put themselves out, giving you time to do whatever you like.

I do agree some skills MAY be exploitable but, these are just ideas and none of them have actually been designed yet so its tough to say that they would be any trouble at all, other than programming the actions and visual effects in game.
Sorry I was in a big rush to get out of the house and did not have time to give reasons or constructive criticism, I meant to make me remarks more constructive than that xD. I understand how most of your ideas work now and almost all of them are very good ideas, I am sorry if my criticism came off rude.

Xevman71

Wood
Yo fellas,
I was thinking something to help Thiefs, they are called thiefs for a reasons and their skills don't exactly show this.

Something to do would be a skill that could maybe randomly steal something from someone that takes time so the person is notified during this time, or the ability to search peoples inventory.
thanks you <3

Today I was thinking of a skill for the thieves as I came up with this.
Knife throw (or some other awesome name)
Consumes a wooden/stone sword (maybe arrow?) and throws a low damaging projectile at the target.
This skill would help when a thief is being pursued.
Please consider :)

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Since people seem to want thief skills, I'll suggest one (If it hasn't already).

Pickpocket: Allows player to steal items from another's inventory.

I remember way back when, there was a plugin for trading, where you could right click on someone with a piece of paper, and it would send a msg to the other person asking if they wanted to trade. If they accepted, you could take basically anything from that person. I was thinking maybe this could be implemented, but let the permission nodes only allow thieves to use it.

But instead of notifying the other player of the possible trade, it says "Player Uses PICKPOCKET!": meaning if the player doesn't react in time, the thief could get into your inventory and run away with your stuff (except the hot bar). Obviously there would be a massive cooldown, and you'd have to be right behind the person to use the skill, and if you're hit by the player being pick pocketed then. It would encourage people not to go AFK randomly (excluding zeal and town no-pvp zones). The reagent should probably be like 1 diamond or just have a MASSIVE cooldown with a big mana cost.