• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Want Skills? Suggest them!

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Wizards could have use for a Water spell, like a short range blast with water particles that does area dmg in front of you.
It would also slow down the player by 20% (since they are wet now) for 5 sec?

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
For thief, the ability to booby trap a chest, so when someone opens it the chest disappears and they catch on fire, or the chest does a creeper explosion. Possibly also to work on doors/trap doors but NOT disappear.

Skill Name: Booby Trap
Description: Booby Traps a chest/door with an explosive.
Mana Cost: 35
Comment: For a fake chest version
Skill Name: Rigged Chest
Description: Makes a fake chest that when opened explodes, taking the chest with it.
Mana Cost: 85

Thieves can steal from chests, they can't rig booby traps on them or rig explosives.

This sounds like a skill for Engineers, or possibly Masons. They are the ones who can make traps.

I love the idea of trap chests without the complex redstone mechanics/pistons, but it sounds difficult to code, and the only advantage would be that outside of a region (where complex redstone traps are useless bc people break one wire) traps could still be implemented.

also, -1 for opening LWCs of course. everyone would roll a thief and we'd all steal from each other. theres plenty to steal from non LWCs keep looking.

in summation. thieves steal, crafter specs build tricky contraptions.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
We need to buff heals in this world of no shroom soup.

Two ideas:
1. In a party, healer's heal spells cost less mana or do more healing. When theres one healer to even just 2 warriors, everyone needs an action bar of bread per fight.

2. A new Skill, that when used on OTHER people heals them for MORE and when used on the healer (for a self-heal) heals HIMSELF/HERSELF for LESS. Or change it so bandage heals others more than it does the healer. This will ensure that not only is healing more useful for PvP, it will also prevent healers being OP when heals get revamped.

EpicPoodle

Gold
I agree you guys took away blink from wizards Maybe a new skill in its place. Some thing to make you faster / jump higher or maybe a slowfall off a cliff or some thing along the lines of a movement enhancer not a combat skill you know?

RumpTroll

Legacy Supporter 1
Well thiefs should be abel to steal, so maybe a skill/spell could be to open doors (iron). This could change the PvP thief to a more Stealthy sneaky stealing thief. Just a suggestion but when i was playing thief i diden't realy feel like a thief.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Well thiefs should be abel to steal, so maybe a skill/spell could be to open doors (iron). This could change the PvP thief to a more Stealthy sneaky stealing thief. Just a suggestion but when i was playing thief i diden't realy feel like a thief.

much better thief skill.

Open Iron Door
Mana cost:100 (so they have to be sneaky or they wont last long)

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Lead in:
Whenever you log off, wolves that you have tamed unbind from you, staying tamed as yours but not following you again until you right click them.

"Howl"
Summon all your tamed wolves to your location (and make it so they will follow you).

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
Cleric's could get a spell that provides a "Buff" to the target, or whole party, since they are supposed to be the supporting tanks of the group.

Magic Aura:
Increases the defense of everyone in your party/target by 2.

Enchanted Weapons:
Increases the damage done by everyone in your party/target by 3.

RedKhan

Soulsand
Theives are a bit odd because many of their possible skills would clash with instated rules at first. Like the idea of popping a random item out of and LWC (I imagine that would be quite complex as well).

The ability to get through iron doors is a cool one, getting past gates would be too, but they would need huge cooldown times or thieves would just run from town to town, PvP'ers in tow cracking open towns :p

RumpTroll

Legacy Supporter 1
Theives are a bit odd because many of their possible skills would clash with instated rules at first. Like the idea of popping a random item out of and LWC (I imagine that would be quite complex as well).

The ability to get through iron doors is a cool one, getting past gates would be too, but they would need huge cooldown times or thieves would just run from town to town, PvP'ers in tow cracking open towns :p

I totally agree but then thiefes are suppose to steal, so just keeping them the way they are now just makes them another PvP class, and not actuall thiefes.

Why not add hot spell for healers? A healing over time spell would be very useful, being able to drop a heal on someone and be able to focus your attention elsewhere while ur target is still being healed. Something like 25% of the healers hp or around 20 hp and it can be 2 hp for tick every second for 10 seconds. Maybe 20% 5 second cooldown.

Protection ability. Being able to grant someone protection for 5 seconds negating all damage or 50% of damage would be a cool one to play around with. Sort of like invulnerability but u are able to grant it to others and its not as powerful (or mana draining) Something you would use on your tank for the initial rush, or a caster who has aggro.

Monks could have a meditate ability that would allow health regen over a time period and in an aoe for party members. So they would activate the ability (if you could code it, it would be cool if they couldn't move) And it would last something like 5-10 seconds and during that time peoples health would start to regenerate. It would have like a 5-10 minute cooldown and use 50% of the mana but I feel like monks need more heals and need to be more like monks.

Is it possible to have buffs? Like being able to grant a hp increase for x amount of minutes or dmg bonus or armor buff or something like that. All the mmos and rpgs ive played that have had healers have things that are or are similar to buffs.

Please let me know what you think of my ideas, I have plenty more lol XD

icarumba

Legacy Supporter 4
Why not add hot spell for healers? A healing over time spell would be very useful, being able to drop a heal on someone and be able to focus your attention elsewhere while ur target is still being healed. Something like 25% of the healers hp or around 20 hp and it can be 2 hp for tick every second for 10 seconds. Maybe 20% 5 second cooldown.

Protection ability. Being able to grant someone protection for 5 seconds negating all damage or 50% of damage would be a cool one to play around with. Sort of like invulnerability but u are able to grant it to others and its not as powerful (or mana draining) Something you would use on your tank for the initial rush, or a caster who has aggro.

Monks could have a meditate ability that would allow health regen over a time period and in an aoe for party members. So they would activate the ability (if you could code it, it would be cool if they couldn't move) And it would last something like 5-10 seconds and during that time peoples health would start to regenerate. It would have like a 5-10 minute cooldown and use 50% of the mana but I feel like monks need more heals and need to be more like monks.

Is it possible to have buffs? Like being able to grant a hp increase for x amount of minutes or dmg bonus or armor buff or something like that. All the mmos and rpgs ive played that have had healers have things that are or are similar to buffs.

Please let me know what you think of my ideas, I have plenty more lol XD

An AOE HoT spell would be nice for healers also...it should heal less damage, but would be great to top people off out of combat, or during combat it would be a nice extra heal to have. But I do like all these suggestions and I think healers should get buffed (from a wizard's perspective) because as of right now, food is pretty pointless to use and healers run out of mana way too fast with not enough efficient heals on high-level characters.

robacollver

Legacy Supporter 3
I'd like to see default passive skills for each class. Increased speed for rogues, damage for warriors, mana for casters etc.
Sounds awesome then we dont have only 1 skil for unspeced even though these would be passive

Im not sure how often these get looked and actually thought about but I was thinking for ranger, since most classes get abilities every 10 lvls or so and how ranger skips lvl 20 as well as some of the other rogue classes, maybe there could be a rogue and or another ranger ability added.

A simple rogue ability that could be added to all the rogue specs would be something like sprint. Increases movement speed by 20-50% for 5-15 seconds or something like that. There was talk of it earlier but i dont know what happened.

A rogue ability could also be a passive ability to allow rogues to jump 2 blocks high instead of just one. I feel like this could be cool simply because rogue are supposed to be nimble and agile. It wouldn't make a dragoons jump any less amazing, two blocks isn't much of an increase but there are places where it could have been cool to use.

Another ranger ability could be a snipe ability? It could work the same way as smite just by using the ability while the crosshairs r on the person would effect the person. it would do more damage then bow and arrow and would take like 40% mana and be on a 2 minute cooldown

Please let me know if these woudn't work or are any good or anything like that.

Elmeerkat

Legacy Supporter 4
i've been thinking that dragoons don't feel very dragoony besides jump so why not add within x seconds after using jump or falling x height and then hitting a monster or person would do extra damage. this is the main way that dragoons attack in FF games im pretty sure and it could also take a mana cost, say 20 for jump then if they attack within around .25 or .5 seconds after they get a damage boost that costs 10 mana

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
Has any development been introduced for damage scaling of skills with the tool you binded it to/currently holding? For example holding a Stone ho versus a Gold ho will change the damage of a casters fireball.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
i've been thinking that dragoons don't feel very dragoony besides jump so why not add within x seconds after using jump or falling x height and then hitting a monster or person would do extra damage. this is the main way that dragoons attack in FF games im pretty sure and it could also take a mana cost, say 20 for jump then if they attack within around .25 or .5 seconds after they get a damage boost that costs 10 mana
Here was my suggestion from earlier regarding Dragoons- Come 1.8 they're going to capitalize on critical hits big time, so an actual damage boost would, depending on a few things, be unnecessary. I would like to see Jump not only, uh, jump but also give you a second bounce if you hit a mob or player while descending from the first jump. Again, to bear resemblance to it's FF inspiration, Dragoons don't jump, land, and run back to their spot, they rebound off the enemy. Just that addition would make Dragoon more than worthwhile, even if they don't have their Lance buff (they don't have their Lance buff yet, do they?).

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
What about a skill that could increase a dragoons range for a short period? They use Lances so a longer range of attack would be neat to see.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I seem to recall Kainzo saying that they ruled out extended melee reach. That was a while ago, though.