• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Wanna Win 1500c? - ***VOTE!***

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8
<insert loud and obnoxious text>
It's Time to Vote!
</obnoxious>
Here's the link:
Get to it!
I bet you do if you clicked on the title of this thread ;D

Alright, here's the deal:
I'm working on spicing up the blog while keeping some of the original design (logos, content, header, etc). I want to give it a newer and better look, something that absolutely stands out and catches the reader's eye.
Click this link and look at what I'm working with: http://herocraftonline.tumblr.com/
The exact dimensions are 1366px x 650px with the middle column being 610px (which can be slightly adjusted upto +/-50px)
I need a new background for the blog, something that flows better AND fits in the margins without being chopped up (like in the current background, you get part of the left side of the picture and part of the right). Though it is a nice contrast to the white column, it's FAR TOO BUSY and takes away from the focus of the blog: The Content
Here's where you come in:
I want YOU to create a background for me. Be as creative and as diverse as you can with this! Don't be afraid to stand out!
Drawn, pixel art, minecraft art, screenshots, graphics, whatever YOU want it to be.
Requirements:
  • Avoid using the color "White" as a main color. - It will take away from the white column.
  • Must be Minecraft/Herocraft related and/or inspired - No random or off-topic themes please
  • Must fit the margins (which are approximately 3x7 each). You can make one piece that I can duplicate and fit to the margins or, if you want, create 2 pieces that compliment each other and put them in together (making a 16x7)
  • Nothing super busy - What I mean by this is make sure it's balanced and has empty, complementary spaces.
Submitting:

There are two ways you can submit these pieces to me:
  1. Post the picture here as a comment (in a spoiler preferably)
  2. Email me the picture as an attachment to [email protected] with your username/IGN
*****Important*****
There is a minimum requirement of 4 entries.
If only one person enters the competition, I'm not going to accept that person as the winner UNLESS I am very impressed with their work.
One Entry Per Person
If you submit multiple entries, I will ask you to choose only one and to take the others off. Otherwise your entry won't be counted. If you truly can't decide, get a second opinion and then choose.
No Plagiarizing!
I can back-trace most images as nearly any image that has been uploaded to the internet. If you download a picture and send it to me, I will find out and you will be disqualified.
HOWEVER, this does not mean you can't use things like logos, block textures, etc.
Quality Images Only
If I get multiple entries from several different people but they all suck ass don't look the greatest, I won't use the content. Please care about the quality of work and be a bit serious about this. We want something to represent Herocraft, not make it look bad.
Voting
The Herocraft Community with get to vote on the winner. I'll use each entry on the blog, screenie it, and post the pictures up on a thread so that everyone can see the image and vote as needed.

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8
@Galaxial I don't mean it's crap like it looks bad, it just looks bad as a background on Tumblr. There's so much going on on the blog's feed that a busy background like the screenie currently up there (or the ones I posted examples of) will take away from the blog itself.
I want something creative and cool, but won't overshadow the posts on the blog. :)

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
Do you know the exact width of the white blog part in pixels?
I have an idea in mind but it would be based around the sizes being right.
If not then ill do something else :D

HeX7

Obsidian
Could we please have the exact dimentions for A.) The background and the white section (Middle) so that we have a basepoint to work from? Thanks :)

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8
@iTzDeXy @HeX7 I can stretch/skrink the image as needed if need-be. I believe the exact dimensions are 1366px x 650px with the white part having a width of 610px (which can be slightly adjusted upto +/-50px)

@Gustcloak No official deadline but the sooner the better. Once I start getting entries, I guess a week after that will be the deadline. If anyone needs a small extension, no biggy.

@Guardian787 Really? -.-

Edit: Idk what kind of computers you all use but Tony's screen is killing me with the tiny letters. Out of sympathy for all tiny-lettering sufferers here, I shall increase font size by 1 (now a 4 instead of a 3).

Northac

Obsidian
ok, so does the center need to be left blank for the column or should it be a solid pic (like the good example) just in the 1366 x 650 pixals size?

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8
ok, so does the center need to be left blank for the column or should it be a solid pic (like the good example) just in the 1366 x 650 pixals size?

The center should be left blank (it can contain content but it will not show). Though the entire image is 1366 x 650, the only parts that will really show are the 2 sides, both of which are 378 x 650 px ea, +/- up to 50px only if truly needed. If you only make something for one column (or a set for both columns), then that will work as I'll duplicate the image (or take the pair) and turn it into one image with the appropriate sizing.

PS. The dimensions do not have to be exactly 1366x650, they just need to keep the ratio of 54.64:26 (essentially a condensed 1366:650). The more PPI, the better the image quality, the better it will look. :)

For a list of inches you can use, I would plug in the above numbers and use this (cause noobs love conversion calculators)
http://auctionrepair.com/pixels.html

Northac

Obsidian
ok then, ill do some editing on mine. It may take a bit tho, is there a deadline for this at all?

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8
No, just the sooner the better. Once I start getting entries in I'll let everyone know and give everyone another week to finish their stuff up and get it to me. If anyone needs more time, they can let me know and I'll extend it as needed (no more than like 2 weeks though). Then, once I get them all, I'll link everyone here to another thread with all the entries and a poll so that everyone can vote.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Well heres mine, I'm posting. @MsGigi

Click Spoiler To See It!

7qxi0.jpg