• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

***VOTE NOW! - ENDING IN 1 HOUR***

Which Entry do you like best?

• Entry #1

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Entry #2

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • Entry #3

Votes: 14 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8
Congratulations!
iTzDeXy is the winner of the Tumbler Blog Background Contest!
XGp9r.jpg
Take a look on our Tumblr to see his piece in action!
Congrats
To @Northac for winning 2nd place and @NuclearCouch for coming in 3rd!
All entries will be featured on both blogs soon:
All 3 Contestants, Please Read:
I will be linking the three of you on a thread with answers I'd like you to complete for the blogs. This needs to be done before I can feature any entries on the blogs. They're short questions in need of one-or-two-sentence answers. Please answer all of them to the best of your ability. Thank you.
@Brutalacerate- Close this thread for me please? ^.^

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8
I dont really like 1 but 2 and 3 are amazing i cant choose :p

EDIT: I choose 2

I'll beg to differ. I like all 3 of them. Entry #1 really captures the simplicity that I was looking for while utilizing two of the basic features of Herocraft; The sheild and the 4 different Paths. :)

Northac

Obsidian
I'll beg to differ. I like all 3 of them. Entry #1 really captures the simplicity that I was looking for while utilizing two of the basic features of Herocraft; The sheild and the 4 different Paths. :)

this is true, and i asked my wife (who doesnt play) and she immedialty went with 1, cause (in her words) "It looks like minecraft, cause all the guys are square"
Granted she doesnt know that the other two are terrain from the game so....:confused:

and i voted for number 1

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
How about elements of 1 and 2 combined? Keep the heroes, def, but put the background from the lhs of 2 behind them, keeping the sand behind the heroes' heads so they still stand out clearly. I like how the cliffs give a sense of overwhelming challenge... That's assuming the Herocraft shields still stand out nicely when superimposed on the cliffs. Otherwise I def like 1 best because the simplicity is elegant and the graphics lead the eye toward the text. IMHO.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
I liked the third but i think the original + 1st would look good. IMHO the 1st is the best as it shows the 4 paths and also the HC shield but the background on it just doesn't sell to me. Good job to all the makers though!

EDIT: ( Makers doesnt seem to be the right word but i don't know what the right word is :eek: )

Northac

Obsidian
Well if the pics are combined I believe they would look to "busy" (i think that was one of the contest rules was to make it simple to avoid that) and both 2 & 3 would need to be redone so that the landscape is horizontal, as it is it would look a bit strange virtical.

Maybe creators would be a better fit? artists too, dont know how you'd want to classify it.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I like number 2 until every time I looked at it I had the need to turn my head left and right to read/see the logo even though I know what it says.