• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Upcoming PvP party limits and concerns

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
No it won't because as I said in my post we need to find out what is wrong with them first and to get any kind of play testing done we have to make changes to live because no one gives feedback of anything we do on test.
I've never seen someone ask properly? You guys can't just assume for feedback without making a proper thread and even having an auto announcement saying go to hc.to/feedback to give feedback on these classes WITH the new 5 man party limits. Even with that everything I have suggested in the past balance wise was just ignored or shrugged off even after the tons of agree ratings and likes etc. there has been countless threads that the "balance team" didn't even bother overlooking.

The community would be in much better shape if more community ideas within reason were overlooked especially when a vast majority of the community all agrees with it.

I've never seen someone ask properly? You guys can't just assume for feedback without making a proper thread and even having an auto announcement saying go to hc.to/feedback to give feedback on these classes WITH the new 5 man party limits. Even with that everything I have suggested in the past balance wise was just ignored or shrugged off even after the tons of agree ratings and likes etc. there has been countless threads that the "balance team" didn't even bother overlooking.

The community would be in much better shape if more community ideas within reason were overlooked especially when a vast majority of the community all agrees with it.
Agree'd, you are so right, right now

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Even with that everything I have suggested in the past balance wise was just ignored or shrugged off even after the tons of agree ratings and likes etc. there has been countless threads that the "balance team" didn't even bother overlooking.
Don't assume that they aren't talked about just because the balance team doesn't do so publicly. Even this issue is being discussed.

Glacial_Reign

Portal
Well if things get discussed then why aren't there any changes? Honestly. If it's being discussed then there is usually a problem with it.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
5 man parties are fine. Deal with it. This nerfs AOEs(which is needed), brings more challenge(which you should be wanting). I don't see the issue of having 5 man parties other than not everyone getting an aoe heal if there is like 8 people in your group which I am fine with.

EDIT: "Disagree" rates were expected from those of you complaining.

Last edited:

xMJay

Portal
My concern with the 5-man party is that you won't be able to team up with people not in your clan or town if you have more than 5 people.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
My concern with the 5-man party is that you won't be able to team up with people not in your clan or town if you have more than 5 people.
I believe there is a command to make others trusted/allies - maybe make it so friendly fire can be turned off/on for that. You can always take people off trusted/allies if it isn't permanent probably.

Other than not receiving buffs/heals those people will be known since their names would be a different color maybe due to being trusted/allies so only those stupid would attack them instead of the enemy.

Glacial_Reign

Portal
Changes like class balance etc. need to be public if we are expected to give feedback.
Exactly bc some of us aren't cool enough to be on the balance team and makes us outsiders feel like nothing is getting done. I think the public needs to be in the loop also. I mean this server is supposed to be a community right?

Xhazed

Portal
Exactly bc some of us aren't cool enough to be on the balance team and makes us outsiders feel like nothing is getting done. I think the public needs to be in the loop also. I mean this server is supposed to be a community right?
Join AD you might make balance

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
All you have to do is ask a balance team member what's going on to be "in the loop" otherwise nothing is released/shared with public in a post or something until it's official.

It's not really top secret information - there's a reason we have a test server.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
It's not really top secret information - there's a reason we have a test server.
Because ya know everything is documented on the test server for the public to see.

The least a balance team member could make a post with test server changes. Instead of just sitting in a private forum lurking.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Because ya know everything is documented on the test server for the public to see.

The least a balance team member could make a post with test server changes. Instead of just sitting in a private forum lurking.
The joke is that there isn't any changes to document.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Well if things get discussed then why aren't there any changes? Honestly. If it's being discussed then there is usually a problem with it.
Changes don't happen because Kain is the gatekeeper of everything.
It's usually impossible to get his attention and even then it will be there for one post worth and it'll be some misunderstanding or something irrelevant.

I love the guy, but this balance setup just doesn't work.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Changes don't happen because Kain is the gatekeeper of everything.
It's usually impossible to get his attention and even then it will be there for one post worth and it'll be some misunderstanding or something irrelevant.

I love the guy, but this balance setup just doesn't work.

most exciting time in herocraft for me was when delf had freedom to modify and introduce new skills, a lot of cool new class mechanics came out around that time. I know other developers are interested in doing the same, wish they could get more freedom to add and balance stuff like that.

I still want a dumb healing ball spell. I mean, just change the hp value on fireball or something - magic, its a healing ball.

Last edited: