• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Townships War!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
WAR IS UPON US!

THIS FRIDAY!

2016-08-30_22.06.09.png

Do you trust your town's fortifications? Coming this Friday 02-September-2016 Herocraft will add The War System!

How it works:
Code:
Declaration: 100 + (YourTownLevel/TheirTownLevel)*20 + (Your Chunks/TheirChunks)*60 - Their Players + YouLevel*50 + PastWarsTogetherIn3Months^5

Surrender: 0 + (YourTownLevel/TheirTownLevel) * 200 - PastWarsTogetherIn3Months^6
  • The attacking town must pay a cost that is determined by the size of their own town (population, tier, chunks claimed) vs the size of the enemy town.
  • You declare war with /town politics war {TownName} and pay the appropriate cost in coins.
  • While at war, both sides are able to place TNT in each other's regions
  • Both towns will halt biome material production until the war is over
  • The war ends when one town reaches the score limit or the non-aggressor town surrenders with /town politics peace {PlayerName or TownName} and paying the surrender cost.
Scoring:
  • First town to 100 points is the winner
  • 1 enemy town kill = 5 points to your team
  • 1 Ally town death = 5 points to the other town
  • If a town is entirely offline, the other town gets points every few minutes.
The spoils of war:
  • The winning town will receive one of every township material the losing town is capable of producing.
  • The winning town will siphon twice the cost of the war out of the losing town's bank.
  • The winning town will receive a Trophy of War as bragging rights with a time/date stamp of the war.

Last edited:

smperez1986

Legacy Supporter 6
will there be a limit on tnt usage or does the material regenerate? Just wondering if towns can be compelety blown up

nicole1551

Retired Staff
with the towns being blow up are they gonna regenerate or do we have to fix them and what not... some people wont be on, on friday bc of work and school so im trying to find out what to expect when i get back on.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
with the towns being blow up are they gonna regenerate or do we have to fix them and what not... some people wont be on, on friday bc of work and school so im trying to find out what to expect when i get back on.

Townships will regenerate automatically -- however -- if someone else places blocks to cover a hole -- and then a NEW tnt detonation is set off, the NEWEST explosion that changes blocks will overwrite the first one. So if you for example have a quartz block wall, and then attempted to fill it with cobblestone, and then they blew that up, it would replace the cobblestone last, since it was the most recent explosion, and thus overwrite your quartz blocks.

I highly recommend townships to be aware of this quirk, and to not try to defend by placing new blocks in places where you have expensive blocks.

Also, I tested deathchests and lwcs, if for some reason you lose a chest, its contents will indeed pour out onto the ground for people to loot. However, LWC's should be safe from TNT. Though worth noting, the regeneration mechanic may still pop deathchests in which ur PVP gear would then fall onto the ground as the holes fill up through regeneration. It will work its way towards the surface, and due to the nature of this mechanic taking a while to regenerate, the items usually despawn before the hole is gone, so if you can't make it back to your deathchest, or you died in a TNT hole, you should have ample time to get to your death chest before

1) the regeneration pops it and
2) even if it does pop it, before the items despawn naturally or are picked up by enemy/friendly players.

IMO, this is the risk of warring with other towns and being able to PvP. Losing a deathchest to bombing the enemy town and subsequently dieing, or even defending your town from the enemy is pretty hardcore, and I support it. Simply for the only reason that time-wise, it is similar to how death chests are already handled, except that they can be popped a little earlier than usual with the regeneration and depending on where and when u died.

If the hole is already regenerating, it's likely the regeneration will be faster and consume any new deathchests, if it's just happened and u died within a minute or so of the TNT going off, you have ample time to try to get your things back.

If this becomes a big issue we may see about adjusting timers for regeneration, but that means your holes last longer, and still doesnt prevent the fact that once it starts, it fills up (regenerates) in a few minutes or so.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Just wanted to bring up a couple points before this goes live.

What's from stopping a town from waiting until the very late hours of the night to war a town, just for the attacked towns members to be offline. I know I don't plan on staying up super late, would a town then be able to declare war on my town just to suck money out of the bank with no way of me defending it? I know this is problematic based on timezones, but I just don't want to fight for 5 hours during the day successfully just to wake up and my town have -10k in the bank.

I don't know the best way of addressing this tbh, I know it may be unfair to some in certain timezones but maybe disable the sucking money part and just leave tnt from certain hours a day.

@Kainzo @xexorian

nicole1551

Retired Staff

What's from stopping a town from waiting until the very late hours of the night to war a town, just for the attacked towns members to be offline. I know I don't plan on staying up super late, would a town then be able to declare war on my town just to suck money out of the bank with no way of me defending it? I know this is problematic based on timezones, but I just don't want to fight for 5 hours during the day successfully just to wake up and my town have -10k in the bank.

I don't know the best way of addressing this tbh, I know it may be unfair to some in certain timezones but maybe disable the sucking money part and just leave tnt from certain hours a day.

@Kainzo @xexorian

i like your idea bc i have the same problem im not gonna be on every second of everyday

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2

@Kainzo @xexorian
Look at Albion's system for gvgs :p

Btw you are not the weaver of fate, that's neith :p

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5

@Kainzo @xexorian

Nothing is stopping them but it can only really happen once a night due to cool downs to re-war so you shouldn't wake up 10k in the hole

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

@Kainzo @xexorian
This is a very real issue that I'd like to address some how soon. @Morphan1

We could adjust the warm up time so that its 30 mins to 1hour and we could make it so that the war lasts 6-12 hours so it covers a much large time span.

Love the war system quite a bit, just wish there was a visual ui to keep track of score and current town politics.
A system similar to Hearts of Iron may not be a good idea for war start and ending:
- War must be justified over a length of time before it can be declared
- The more wars a town STARTED the short er it takes to justify against them (aggressor bonus)
- Once a war is ended a truce is signed between the towns for x length of time

Last edited:

nicole1551

Retired Staff
i think the cool down for war should be longer.. no one will ever sleep if the cool down stays at 1 hour. you should get an afk timer where it times people out if they stay away from keyboard to long because people will just stay afk so their town does not lose war.. i agree with short power we need some type of way to see how many point we have against the towns we are at war with.. also i think the regen time on blocks needs to be longer.. does not give you enough time to get in and out and check chest without it already regenerating. also i think you should have something where if you stand in there home chunk long enough it gives you points kinda like the castle capping. some of us are not that great at pvp and need a way to gain points as well.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
@Kainzo @WitchOnaRampage Feed back about the live War

Issue being atm is that you can lose a war and then be warred again in 1 hour. Any town seriously playing the wars will get removed and destroyed even Drastikos, even with our large sum of money. In under a day even.

So this forces us to afk in spawn and other safe areas if we don't want to lose our town.

I'd say we need the timers to be longer. To be warred, the CD should be around a day and to send out another war it should be close to half a day. At the current times, we'll just have wars going on constantly and we won't be able to do anything else.

I love the idea of war, we just need bigger grace periods.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5

Issue being atm is that you can lose a war and then be warred again in 1 hour. Any town seriously playing the wars will get removed and destroyed even Drastikos, even with our large sum of money. In under a day even.

So this forces us to afk in spawn and other safe areas if we don't want to lose our town.

I'd say we need the timers to be longer. To be warred, the CD should be around a day and to send out another war it should be close to half a day. At the current times, we'll just have wars going on constantly and we won't be able to do anything else.

Tl;dr suing for peace isn't worth it because you'll just get re-warred within an hour and have to do it again. I remember @Kainzo mentioned a town that is warred would not be up for war again after a much longer cool down so something has gone wrong there

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
I believe Kainzo mentioned in chat before that the cooldown would be something around every week or every few days.

Thats why rather than a CD on war, make a justifying mechanic to start the war, some 6 hour justification or whatever before it can be claimed

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Tl;dr suing for peace isn't worth it because you'll just get re-warred within an hour and have to do it again. I remember @Kainzo mentioned a town that is warred would not be up for war again after a much longer cool down so something has gone wrong there
Supposed to take 12 hours (timer is set to that)

Also, suing for peace shouldnt be a "win:

just a counter measure.
The war cooldown is intended to be 12 hours, not ONE hour.

We'll get a fix in for this asap.