• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Town] Lightforge {45} [Good] Xandria Dominion*RECRUITING*

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
We could start building down from the top layer and build some houses in between the middle layer and the top layer.
EDIT: check out the second post for gold info

jclark123

Wood
Question, is the area around lightforge mined out very much? My stuff wasn't there when I died in the town, so I have nothing.

The area directly bleow light forge is extremly mined out and because of that the surrounding area probably is too. If you plan on starting a new mine head out a bit cuz more ore and a safer lf cuz no raiderts can come up the tunell into the infrastructer.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't get alerts of this thread anymore :/ Therefore i post a post here. Also CT has started to pay back debt. Paid everything i owe to Bingy back and will start on Xexorian soon. Trying to earn money with my gold services ( see signature)

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
And to make it clear, you owe nothing to us because of the 1400 we paid. (Except for your friendship and fealty)
EDIT: As well, I've noticed that some of you are not affiliated with any guild. We heavily encourage you to join The Academy, or the RA.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Can anyone think of a good use for a stack of glowstone? In the rules it doesn't count as a rare block, So I could put it on my cathedral.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Entun a while back you were talking of two big trees, one made of glowstone and the other iron. Maybe we could creat those...

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Alert, NDKOHSE hired crownz to build lifts for us, and then I added him to regions, shortly afterwards, we had saved him from raiders, when two of his fellow Erebos people appeared, and he let them into the town. I removed him from regions and chat, but he is now KoS, Do not buy any Erebos goods, and before you trade with anyone, check their town.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I dont see why we can't buy thier goods, however services like gates, lifts etc. we should stay away from. There is no harm from buying gold or something from them.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Yet can we trust them after this incident? It was not only that crownz opened it up, the others followed through. We don't know if it was pre-meditated ornot, but they are now evil in our eyes, as our Harbinger of Doom Diavolo can pronounce with Great Gravity.
EDIT: Check out the townhall, more glowstone :)

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
I think going crazy with glowstone makes it look worse. It's a type of material that looks best when it's not too much of it. Anyway, the arena could use some better lighting. Perhaps add some glowstone in the floor in a thin spread circle?

About putting it on your cathedral, I would not recommend it. Things outside of regions will get griefed, especially if it is something nice. My underwater glass dome has been griefed countless times, and I doubt actually griefers get banned anymore. People send in /pe's for too many silly things now that the admins don't have time to fix the most important thing to threaten minecraft servers. So you can put glowstone on your cathedral, but unless it's high up so people have to pillar up with dirt to destroy it, I would not recommend it.

About evil fucks. Yes, most of the server is evil. That means that they lie and cheat and what not. They can pretend to be nice for several weeks, and then suddenly fuck you in the ass. As a town we have one way of defending ourselves: regions. Joining a town and then betraying it makes one banned from the server, so people don't do that, but jobs can be done and then betraying the region owner's trust without it being any wrong in terms of server rules. (Because being and evil asshole is allowed) So the trick with services is to have patience. We have haxnn who can make lifts and gates. No need to open the city up to potential raiders just because you want a lift or 2. Also, if you then have hired someone to make lifts it's very important to walk around with the person and looks what he is doing. If he deviates slightly from the job, remove him from regions right away or something.

An other thing about regions: letting non citizens have regions access is extremely dangerous. Not only about betrayal when it comes to raids, but there is a massive amount of griefing going on in the city. Every time I log in there is some glass or other stuff that has been griefed inside the regions that I fix right away. So there are griefers who has region access. They may be citizens or they may not. One thing to note is that there is no reason at all to let non-citizens have region access. The old "argument" helping with raids is just bullshit, because the best help against raids is just closing the city. We are safe unless someone lets them in. Having more people with region access than those who should build there is a liability. More people in region => bigger change of grief and backstabbing.

tl:dr:
1: People may grief you glowstone even if it's illegal. Griefers don't seem to get banned as effectively any more.
2: Don't hire people to do jobs unless you absolutely have to, and then walk them about and remove from regions if you're suspicious.
3: Don't add non-citizens to regions. They can't help us in raids and more people with access means bigger chance of getting griefed or the city opened to raiders.

Kourne

Legacy Supporter 3
So we meet again, wall-of-text...
But yeah, as Diavolo said. :p

I also need to inform you, that Diavolo and me gave the farm a nice overhaul. On this topic I want to point out that there are still "homes" down there. Seriously people, I don't mind you having storage space down there, but build a dome or floating island. It doesn't matter if your little "cave" is awesome, nobody can see it down there anyway. So I kindly put some signs there to remind anyone that doesn't care to look at the forums.

Reminder:
GroupTeleport is now available for our fellow citizens, so just give me a shout if you want to either spawn or Lightforge. I don't charge you, but I appreciate any redstone for spawn-ports and spare slimeballs.

Crazy old wizard with lots of TNT, Kourne

Sweord

Glowstone
About the griefing; I was online about a week ago, and I found that someone took the time to break most of the glass on top of the underwater dome, as well as the sides. At first I thought it was regioned, but then learned it wasn't. I guess that the temptation to break glass is too much for some people. So I agree with perhaps not placing the glowstone in the cathedral.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
One quick thing, I moved away from mason a loooooong time ago, however wildarm is dedicated to going mason.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Heres my house, as you seem to like pictures:
cZ5ir.jpg

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm different now...
EDIT: And congratulations to our new Banker, Haxnn, As he has said he will now be 100% fiscally given over to the town!