• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Town] Atlas [12] [NATO][KOE]

Jester620

Dirt
Seeing as noone is ever on and I get killed every time I leave the gate I was wondering if I could be removed from this township?

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
You may if that's what you want. I apologize for not being active heretofore, but I'll be on more now, I believe, and if Atlas is ever going to become a bustling place again, we need to hang on to some people who are willing to put some faith in it.

Jester620

Dirt
I understand I was trying to stick with it but I was attacked in city twice and also every time I left I would die. I didnt feel safe in the city as well as never having someone to talk to.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Yeah, security is on the list of things to improve as well... Big time. Well, stay if you want or leave if you want. Hopefully you'll return after we spruce things up a bit. Not that I'd mind the help. ;)

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Well, I have some unfortunate news...

I hope this gets resolved soon, but I can't play Minecraft/Herocraft whatsoever. On the desktop computer, I get the message "Java(TM) Platform SE Binary has stopped working" in a little window, so I don't get on to the main menu at all.

Meanwhile, on the laptop, Minecraft now has 2-13 FPS at best, and it said that I couldn't connect to any servers.

If you have a solution, I'd be glad to hear it, but I have no clue as to what is going on. :(

EDIT: As to the "Not being able to connect to any servers" that was probably just a fluke, but with the 5-7 FPS(on average, 2-12 is what I've gotten lowest and max), I can't really do anything. Anyway, hope to see you in-game soon!

Ironee had a similar problem back on Sanctum world.

Our solution: Switch to Linux

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Hmm, I think we may have... But it can't hurt to try again! :D

EDIT: Dielan and your ninja'ing. ;)
I saw that solution on the forums, but decided to use that if other things don't work. Now, the "other things" is re-install Java.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Hmm, I think we may have... But it can't hurt to try again! :D

EDIT: Dielan and your ninja'ing. ;)
I saw that solution on the forums, but decided to use that if other things don't work. Now, the "other things" is re-install Java.

If it doesn't work :p and only you use your computer, and you only play minecraft and other indie games, switching to linux will cause you to lose NOTHING :p

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Wait, did you mean switch to the linux version of Minecraft? Because that's the solution I found on the forums. If you meant switch the entire computer over to Linux... that may not work. My dad may not appreciate that... Haha. :p

EDIT:
Update: It appears that I am able to play on the laptop as I was able to before 1.8, so I'll still be as active as I can. :D

Hello. I would like to join this town on the basis that I can help rebuild it. I am quite the building type and will happily repair, create and refurbish any building what so ever.

(I feel the need to just copy and paste my server application into here but that would be too much).

I think that I would be a good addition to the town and also I see that it is a very nice town that has a lot of potential.

Thanks. Clayyyts

Ingame name: Clayyyts

Timezone: GMT

Experience of building: I am the head architect for the server I moderate on. I have also designed and created many towns and one off structures. I also enjoy building on singleplayer (If you want to see screenshots just ask).

Hero Class: Crafter.

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
You sound like the kinda guy we need to help rebuild Atlas. I feel the Building aspects in my brain kicking in again as it once was and to do this. On first notice you may see inactivity from some of our players but know we're just coming out of one of those slumbers. Kinda like drinking too much and spending the next two days watching static on the TV.

What I mean to say is Welcome aboard! I'll be shuffling more supplies and manpower to Atlas tonight. We have a long week ahead of us.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Renovation ideas are possessing me. @_@ *spills brain into text box*

The chasm beneath the town hall gives us some fun stuff to work with. We could extend the existing tower so that it looks proper underneath and is complete on top, reaching maybe halfway to the bottom of the pit. Use iron blocks or obsidian as "chains" and suspend it from the walls of the hole. For the bridges into the town hall, fence and wood planks, or stone arches. Move the Academy facilities into the hall? Atlas was meant to be a "guild town", wasn't it? Do something with the bottom of the pit. If we got the services of a Mason, we could make a lift into the prison cells and put lava over the top of them, which would be fun. Reinforce the cells with obsidian. Could have a rail station in the town hall, bursting through the walls of the pit and putting the station in the town hall, or maybe have a ring of a platform round the outside of it.

Set up a second, maybe a third floor of plots underground, with decks that open up into the open air. Leave enough solid ground for the first floor to have basements, or not. Make the pit around the town hall bigger?

Improve the walls and set up for city extensions. I sort of hate to bother with a ceiling, but if it's effective...? In the interest of the cubeliness of Minecraft, I think 4 districts instead of six sounds good. Remove the penis, please. -.- It's getting annoying, having to avoid looking at it with my mother in the room. Hope you understand.

Feel free to expand or critique my ideas. Atlas is kind of sleepy at the moment, and I'd like to liven it up somehow. This would be a big enough project to keep the whole town occupied for a while, too.
So, this still happening?

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Yeah. Sorry it hasn't been so obvious. XP step one is dig the hole, and I haven't devoted much HC time to that myself. it's boring and tedious, and more boring and tedious when nobody's on to help.

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
Same, I'm spending tonight and the remaining week dedicating myself to the town to COMPLETE renovation. New Walls, new plots, new roads, new layout. Make everything Fresh and new. If you want to be creative now is a good time to leap up and say Hi.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Hi! I just noticed while exploring atlas that the academy says that they need (or want) Lapis Blocks. I have approx,12 stacks of lapis blocks, selling for 3.5c per block, but I can lower that price if need be.I have 2 lapis shops, go to the one in the town hall.
PS: im not trying to advertise, Its just that I have what you may want, so id like to oblige.
PSS: I like the town, especially the chasm below the townhall.