• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The OPness of root

Dude, ALL of the caster specs are op.. Hell, geomancers have an aoe ability that does like 120 damage over 60 seconds, the real thing that NEEDS to get nerfed here, is the fireball cooldown, it's damage output by ALOT, or completely remove root.

Well... I want to say that I'm a lvl 50 geomancer and blaze is fun to use but it has it's up and downs.
Blaze requires a book to cast it and it uses 45 mana every time and has a 30 second cd. 120 dmg in a full minute, unless the Geo fireballs the victim right after, they will only receive a few ticks instead of 60. If caught in a blaze however, that's the time to react with your surroundings.

You can counter a geomancer's blaze in several ways:
Having a water bucket is a smart idea against a geomancer who blazes alot because blaze has no initial dmg at all.
Having a Healer nearby could probably save your life, since Geo's may have multiple people to worry about but at the same time, that healer and everyone else surrounding the Geo will be on fire (if they're within the radius).
Use the environment: If its raining/snowing, blaze is useless. If there's water nearby, go take a dip in there.
Geo's had their root has been replaced with deep freeze, which is similar but instantly breaks if the target receives fire dmg of any kind.

Geomancers are meant to deal damage, if you happened to get caught in a blaze, can't do anything about it, and the Geo is nowhere to be found (unlikely it will), then you're basically screwed. The mana cost, cd and requiring a regent, to me, is very reasonable to do high damage over the course of a whole minute.

-Hunglo​

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Even when silenced, the wizard still has the ability to run away. If they can get more than 3 hits on you without you being able to distance yourself you should probably think about working on your poor reaction times.

JZillifro

Soulsand
Sorry for offending you Dom, I wasn't sure if this was true and had heard it from a friend ( hence the if from when I accused you), regardless the rest of my argument still stands.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
still, when it says, "You need to be invisible or sneaking to cast garrote", there really is no way I could cast garrote whilst invisible.. :/

Sleaker

Retired Staff
still, when it says, "You need to be invisible or sneaking to cast garrote", there really is no way I could cast garrote whilst invisible.. :/

Smoke no longer breaks when using skills tagged as 'stealthy' - which happens to be Garrote - this is either currently patched in or will be soon. (Damaging the opponent with the skill will still break it though)

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Smoke no longer breaks when using skills tagged as 'stealthy' - which happens to be Garrote - this is either currently patched in or will be soon. (Damaging the opponent with the skill will still break it though)
Awesome, thanks for updating me. :)
And fireball was finally fixed.. awesome