• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The OPness of root

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Despite the crude/hilarious title, I don't know why wizards of all classes are given root..
This is me trolling, no doubt, but seriously in a 1v1 with any other class all that casters need to do is root and then shoot 2 fireballs, all i'm saying is that THAT'S FUCKING OP. People complain all the time about ninjas/rangers calling them op.. but a fucking wizard has the ability to shoot 6 fireballs, replenish, cast root, then finish them off. Honestly, there's no sense in that. PLEASE FIX THIS BULLSHIT, I BEG OF YOU. Also, comment and stuffz if you support.

No, I understand where you're going with this, But a wizard has a total of 80 hp. Most classes have 100+ hp on them Wizards are very easily killed. I say root should stay not only because I'm a wizard! :D

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Still, the ability to hit 25hp with fireball, but complaining about ninjas hitting 24hp with backstab, only if they are behind you, is a bit ridiculous. They should nerf it.

Huffatron

Legacy Supporter 4
If your a ninja and your getting rooted your not being very Ninja if u get my drift.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Well there's barely a point in me using smoke as it uses 100% of my mana and breaks if I deal damage, and no, it really isn't that hard to aim root.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Yeah, ok. Now what if say wizard didn't have root? What would he do now <.<
Yes run, spraying fireballs, run and get killed.
You have to see that casters are 100% skill dependant, while you just as easy can kill him with your sword.

GraRona

Portal
Then at least a mana change to the point where they can only use 1 fireball after casting the root.

Huffatron

Legacy Supporter 4
Try sneaking up on the caster thats what rogues do. Ive never played a game where rogues go head to head with anyone your supposed to use stealth. As far as root wizards were nerfed bad enough once already. Just cause u get beat by one doesnt mean they need to be nerfed.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Steamed, you got the joke :)
And no, they're op because of the either duration of root, or cooldown, but it's the fact that they can hit 25hp with a fireball, then have a dot on it. Ask any of the good pvpers out there, root is very op, even for rangers, i'm just saying, with the versatility that wizards already have, blink, manashield, replenish and even consume, they are by far more op than rangers, they are just underplayed. Without root, they still have the ability to keep a distance from their enemy through blink, saying that wizards' root doesn't need a nerf makes little sense.

Root needs a 30 second cooldown, and a higher mana cost. Fireball also needs to get a 3 second cooldown at least because when rooted its a free mindless 70 damage or so if you arent retarded. A level 50 wizard will bolt, root, fireball, fireball, fireball, then assuming you arent already dead in the one sided fight they will replenish, run away and repeat. It is impossible to deal with as any melee spec. Note that I am a wizard and only went it because the buff to fireball makes us fucking ridiculous OP.

The problem isn't entirely with root. I think it lies more in the fact that fireball does some insanely high damage with almost no mana cost and almost no cooldown.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Live with taking 80 damage every time a wizard looks at me? At this point the synergy between the 1 second cooldown, 25 damage fireball and the 5 second root is retarded. It has to be fixed in some way.

Razael6

Legacy Supporter 3
Well Kain could make it stop doing more damage as you level at 20 dmg, and make it so there replenish takes like 15 mana or something

Why does no one say anything about Necro's they can spawn like 8 skeletons that follow them like wolves. Or is this skill not working yet?