• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The OPness of root

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
At 20 damage a fireball, one root will get you 2-3 fireballs and a bolt. That is 70-90 damage every 15 seconds. I'm sure a lot of people will instantly say," Well kill them when you aren't rooted" but that just doesn't happen. Any wizard who knows what they're doing will run away for a little while then finish it. Hell, they could even 1v1 you in melee at that point and have the upper hand.​

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
Instead of crying mommy you should be collaborating and working on how to defeat one. Also, step back and look at the picture. Wizards are the HIGHPOWER classes. If you go one on one with a wizard the wizard will WIN most of the time. If you ambush one you will probably get the drop and get the kill. As a wizard I can tell you right now, if you want to kill a wizard, go 2v1. We can only root one of you as the other one pounds us. And as for Manashield, it only blocks skill damage and drains a full mana bar in five hits.

The only area I'll contribute in is that Wizards have quite a bit of health, a 5-10 hp nerf wouldn't be that bad and would equalize the Highpower/Lowhealth factor.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Instead of crying mommy you should be collaborating and working on how to defeat one. Also, step back and look at the picture. Wizards are the HIGHPOWER classes. If you go one on one with a wizard the wizard will WIN most of the time. If you ambush one you will probably get the drop and get the kill. As a wizard I can tell you right now, if you want to kill a wizard, go 2v1. We can only root one of you as the other one pounds us. And as for Manashield, it only blocks skill damage and drains a full mana bar in five hits.

The only area I'll contribute in is that Wizards have quite a bit of health, a 5-10 hp nerf wouldn't be that bad and would equalize the Highpower/Lowhealth factor.

Ambushing someone won't be enough to kill them... They do have HP afterall. You might be lucky enough to do 30 hp before they turn around and root you, run away, and commence to spam fireball.

Why does no one say anything about Necro's they can spawn like 8 skeletons that follow them like wolves. Or is this skill not working yet?

I believe they can only summon one skeleton.

ChunkyM0nk3y

Legacy Supporter 4
Root needs a 30 second cooldown, and a higher mana cost. Fireball also needs to get a 3 second cooldown at least because when rooted its a free mindless 70 damage or so if you arent retarded. A level 50 wizard will bolt, root, fireball, fireball, fireball, then assuming you arent already dead in the one sided fight they will replenish, run away and repeat. It is impossible to deal with as any melee spec. Note that I am a wizard and only went it because the buff to fireball makes us fucking ridiculous OP.

The problem isn't entirely with root. I think it lies more in the fact that fireball does some insanely high damage with almost no
mana cost and almost no cooldown.

^ That.

But I gotta say that Rangers really Need Root, its their Main skill wich Makes them useful. I just sneaked up on a lvl 40 Ranger with Root and a Gold axe, Even After He rooted me I won the Fight, and im lvl 20. You just gotta begabe like a ninja, otherwise just Be a warrior Spec or a wizard. Seriously. Imagine you Making no Damage with your Weapon, and you don't have anything to keep distance from melee specs, you would Want Root, too, right? So just sneak up On them and live with Root or dont play heroes.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Dude, ALL of the caster specs are op.. Hell, geomancers have an aoe ability that does like 120 damage over 60 seconds, the real thing that NEEDS to get nerfed here, is the fireball cooldown, it's damage output by ALOT, or completely remove root.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
^ That.

But I gotta say that Rangers really Need Root, its their Main skill wich Makes them useful. I just sneaked up on a lvl 40 Ranger with Root and a Gold axe, Even After He rooted me I won the Fight, and im lvl 20. You just gotta begabe like a ninja, otherwise just Be a warrior Spec or a wizard. Seriously. Imagine you Making no Damage with your Weapon, and you don't have anything to keep distance from melee specs, you would Want Root, too, right? So just sneak up On them and live with Root or dont play heroes.

and by the way, I believe wizards also have blink if you're talking about getting away.. gf..?

JZillifro

Soulsand
Domitius said:
If you go one on one with a wizard the wizard will WIN most of the time.
This is almost the excact the definition of OP from my point of view

Dom I believe I remember when @zachimon and @Alexmh (shadowall555) double teamed you at sky forge you said "lol double team noobs", I don't see your logic if this is true. Also you saying "if you want to kill a wizard double team it" is like saying " we're not OP it just takes twice as many of you to take us down!" a bit ridiculous in my opinion. Though I do agree a ninja should have to start a battle like a ninja(from behind), but this still isn't enough to take a wizard a whole lot of the time. Anyways back on topic, I like what Kainzo is going to do with root and i believe it will fix this problem that has been burning at melee classes.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
Okay, lets say im a ninja, and im stealthy. I get behind them, backstab them with Ass-blade, I do around 24 dmg. Maybe i hit them 1 more time before they react, 36 dmg. Wizard turns, roots me, fireballs the shit out of me, blinks away, and my entire advantage is over. Well I got them halfway at least. Yes, Ninjas are supposed to be sneaky, but with all the hp, we dont do enough damage to turn the sneakyness into a kill.​

zachimon

Legacy Supporter 7
Okay, lets say im a ninja, and im stealthy. I get behind them, backstab them with Ass-blade, I do around 24 dmg. Maybe i hit them 1 more time before they react, 36 dmg. Wizard turns, roots me, fireballs the shit out of me, blinks away, and my entire advantage is over. Well I got them halfway at least. Yes, Ninjas are supposed to be sneaky, but with all the hp, we dont do enough damage to turn the sneakyness into a kill.​
That was my problem with wizards, the only way I managed to kill one as a ninja was doubleteaming and it's illogical to have a class only defeatable by a double team.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2

Dude...
You got silence?
Ninjas can silence a wizard, now he can't do shit.
Can't root you, can't fireball you, can't blink away <.<