• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The New Era! (New Network/Map WIPE- June 20th

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Also, having EVERYTHING ready and nearly perfect(what's perfect anyway?), I believe, would bring some fun out of the game. I mean this IS Herocraft and fixing bugs and stuff at the start of a map is all part of the Herocraft experience that brings us the joy and fun.

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
Also, having EVERYTHING ready and nearly perfect(what's perfect anyway?), I believe, would bring some fun out of the game. I mean this IS Herocraft and fixing bugs and stuff at the start of a map is all part of the Herocraft experience that brings us the joy and fun.
I agree,
with the addition of new features throughout the course of the new map it will keep players entertained and active :)

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I am afraid i can't argue with your opinion as the points you use are valid to a point, but we are all entitled to our opinions :) I am still all for this reset though.

I am also for a reset, I just would like to see it done in such a way to maximize the testing and minimize any negative effects.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8

Definitely, I could never expect or even want everything ready and distributed at the same time. This is an MMO and development will never end while it's alive. That being said, many features that are being release in 8 days have not had any testing on live HC and the impacts and problems that could arise at the launch of a new map will impact the entire map, from day 1 to the next reset. Shouldn't it see some live testing first? Balancing the incentives, testing how attribute boosting custom items will change pvp.. If custom items were release into the new map, even with a hundred hours of balancing team input it would not be equal to 3 weeks on live and the results could be a redo of the Prot4 over the top we are dealing with on Haven.

In short, I think this is the time, before the reset, to iron out the new systems on a dead map.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Definitely, I could never expect or even want everything ready and distributed at the same time. This is an MMO and development will never end while it's alive. That being said, many features that are being release in 8 days have not had any testing on live HC and the impacts and problems that could arise at the launch of a new map will impact the entire map, from day 1 to the next reset. Shouldn't it see some live testing first? Balancing the incentives, testing how attribute boosting custom items will change pvp.. If custom items were release into the new map, even with a hundred hours of balancing team input it would not be equal to 3 weeks on live and the results could be a redo of the Prot4 over the top we are dealing with on Haven.

In short, I think this is the time, before the reset, to iron out the new systems on a dead map.
I agree with most of what you are saying, but there is nothing worst than the Hitler/Stalin baby (Raised by Mao) that protection armor is :)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Please note that clans, conquest and inv are on live atm.

The custom items stuff is still a bit away.

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
I am also for a reset, I just would like to see it done in such a way to maximize the testing and minimize any negative effects.
Well take my word that all the architects, devs, admins and founders are working really hard to minimise any negative effects and i can tell you that the reset looks like the its going to be the best one yet in my opinion :)

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Sad to lose my mastery, but oh well.
Hopefully things work better this time, was such a buzzkill when the server crashed during the bombing of Bastion.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Recipe restrictions by class. Count me reinvigorated. If you can't give me a list can you at least give me a hint. How close is it to you know what

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
I was expecting more than 8 months to enjoy the fruits of my labor & to continue developing my towns. *shrugs*

Sounds like you'd prefer to sit in your town all day whilst the server dies around you.