• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The New Era! (New Network/Map WIPE- June 20th

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Interesting.

At the beginning of Haven it was very difficult to gain souls (I believe something was broken as they didn't drop). Has this since been fixed? (I've not played on HC for a while so I wouldn't know).

A complete list of upcoming recipe restrictions would be great too.

xMJay

Portal
What DOES reset:
- Levels / Classes / Currency
- Items / Terrain / LWC's
- Residences / Townships / Shops
- Everything else.
- Any physical item (including crates/tokens/etc)

read?

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Still want to know if my question can be answered back on page 2. lol. Are we ready for the reset? What I mean is will the plugins/changes be tested enough to wash out majority of bugs as well as balanced out economically and class wise or are we just going to roll with it and fix things if it comes up?

Squid_bot

Legacy Supporter 4
Although a Haven reset is much needed, look at your post very carefully. You are reseting a stable map with things that aren't ready. Look at how many times you said "By clans Season 3" That is at least 3 or more months before we feel the full extent of this reset. I know many of us are hyped for a reset, but if it's going to be a jolty, unstable and unfinished map, I would rather wait. Wait for when this is a solid, quality minecraft map that we all will enjoy, a thing we know very well DH and the HC staff are capable of. This is just kind of my opinion on the matter and my only worry is the enjoyment of the other players.
Anyway, what you are adding seems necessary and well thought out. Good job.

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
Although a Haven reset is much needed, look at your post very carefully. You are reseting a stable map with things that aren't ready. Look at how many times you said "By clans Season 3" That is at least 3 or more months before we feel the full extent of this reset. I know many of us are hyped for a reset, but if it's going to be a jolty, unstable and unfinished map, I would rather wait. Wait for when this is a solid, quality minecraft map that we all will enjoy, a thing we know very well DH and the HC staff are capable of. This is just kind of my opinion on the matter and my only worry is the enjoyment of the other players.

First off, this complete network reset is for the betterment of the community and the longevity of the server. It took careful planning and debate to come to this decision.
As stated this was not a random decision and a lot of thought went into the careful planning and i am sure if Haven could have stayed it would have but with the new hub and some of the other changes above Haven will be difficult to alter and would be best to do a full network reset. Even if the list of features takes 3 or more months to add it is all for the 'betterment' and 'longevity' of the server and will benefit the community and the server in general.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Interesting.

At the beginning of Haven it was very difficult to gain souls (I believe something was broken as they didn't drop). Has this since been fixed? (I've not played on HC for a while so I wouldn't know).

A complete list of upcoming recipe restrictions would be great too.
That list will come soon.
Please read carefully the post I made. We have expansions planned to hit every 3 months. This is a DESIGN CHOICE not an after-thought. Content coming every once in a while excites players not deters them.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Seasons:
- Seasons are being introduced to give meaning to time within Herocraft. They will highly correlated with major patches.
- Every season some stats will be wiped to promote activity in the players and allow us to hand out prizes for top stat holders.
- Some content will be enabled on Season 2 and Season 3 - such as Royal District on central.

StorminNorman

Legacy Supporter 7
Will the upcoming release of Minecraft 1.8 come into play or will Herocraft be remaining on 1.79?

S0fa_k1ng

Coal
Im happy for reset.
any plans for server to go from 1.74 to 1.75
i saw on the key bind macro mod site that they have a update for 1.75.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
As stated this was not a random decision and a lot of thought went into the careful planning and i am sure if Haven could have stayed it would have but with the new hub and some of the other changes above Haven will be difficult to alter and would be best to do a full network reset. Even if the list of features takes 3 or more months to add it is all for the 'betterment' and 'longevity' of the server and will benefit the community and the server in general.

I believe it's been long desired, but I do not believe it was as carefully planned as we hope. Many new features are untested on HC, such as clans and conquest as well as the new plugin that's going to be used for township's. Balance issues have not been handled. Maps are not complete, dungeons, custom items, herobosses, township requirements, level 70 + ultimates, Karma(where did that go?)... I could go on and on and on.
I know that Haven is stale, I know that it's average user base is less then 60 and that most players are wanting a fresh start sooo badly, but all those things I mentioned above have a chance to destroy the next map with imbalance and failure and bring us back to where we are now or worse.

I for one am 100% against a map switch at this point in the development of Herocraft, with all the MAJOR changes that have been untested on a live working server.
I would think that pushing the reset out one month, and using that 30 days to add the new major systems into Haven including: Custom Items/Conquest/Guilds/CraftingRestrictions/Max5Parties, and see the effect they have and figure out some of the issues with those new systems. That 30 days would give the architects time to really polish all the maps and get them finished off and then after we have made the many changes I am sure will be needed for these massive new systems lay out the full changes and avoid as many issues as possible, including having all the crafting changes well though and ironed/tested on haven, township/kingdom requirements, so on and so forth. This is the stuff that will make or break the map, and testing them on Haven could save tons of heartache and player loss on the new maps.
I am sure income would be tight during that time, but testing these new systems on an already stale map will give much needed insight into how they will effect the next map and how they can be tweaked to make sure the effect is positive.
My two cents - Eldrylars

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
The above being said, I will help with what I can when I can.
I just don't want to see a repeat of this map. It's easy to introduce something new(such as Prot armor) but if it starts to damage something it can be impossible to repair the damage. In my opinion, since Haven is already going out, now would be the time to test some of these major features.

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
I believe it's been long desired, but I do not believe it was as carefully planned as we hope. Many new features are untested on HC, such as clans and conquest as well as the new plugin that's going to be used for township's. Balance issues have not been handled. Maps are not complete, dungeons, custom items, herobosses, township requirements, level 70 + ultimates, Karma(where did that go?)... I could go on and on and on.
I know that Haven is stale, I know that it's average user base is less then 60 and that most players are wanting a fresh start sooo badly, but all those things I mentioned above have a chance to destroy the next map with imbalance and failure and bring us back to where we are now or worse.

I for one am 100% against a map switch at this point in the development of Herocraft, with all the MAJOR changes that have been untested on a live working server.
I would think that pushing the reset out one month, and using that 30 days to add the new major systems into Haven including: Custom Items/Conquest/Guilds/CraftingRestrictions/Max5Parties, and see the effect they have and figure out some of the issues with those new systems. That 30 days would give the architects time to really polish all the maps and get them finished off and then after we have made the many changes I am sure will be needed for these massive new systems lay out the full changes and avoid as many issues as possible, including having all the crafting changes well though and ironed/tested on haven, township/kingdom requirements, so on and so forth. This is the stuff that will make or break the map, and testing them on Haven could save tons of heartache and player loss on the new maps.
I am sure income would be tight during that time, but testing these new systems on an already stale map will give much needed insight into how they will effect the next map and how they can be tweaked to make sure the effect is positive.
My two cents - Eldrylars
I am afraid i can't argue with your opinion as the points you use are valid to a point, but we are all entitled to our opinions :) I am still all for this reset though.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6

My two cents - Eldrylars
This is pretty much my question toward the staff if we are ready yet. I am fine with playing with bugs and stuff, I don't care for the most part, but I know many others do. I don't think we need to wait another month for the wipe. I would be fine with something like July 1st, but now that it is announced that it will be June 20th, we should just stick with it and hope for the best. We can accomplish a lot in the days left until June 20th. Building wise for architects to me isn't that big. All that would happen for the most part is people not being "amazed" at the building done at the start. Just like late in Haven, things can be built in later or as we go. Making sure the plugins and changes will work properly should be main priority until then.