• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT The Final Stand - New Era/Map Reset

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Last edited:

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I like the idea of having something more to do with my class after I've mastered it , so I like legendary classes.
They are overpowered and only a minority have the time and effort to become one.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I like the idea of having something more to do with my class after I've mastered it , so I like legendary classes.
They are overpowered and only a minority have the time and effort to become one.
If they were toned down to a point where they may only be very slightly stronger I think that may be a decent compromise. They can still feel rewarding, while not absolutely dominating. Only problem is actually getting people to balance them.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Make legendary require mastering all classes, then switching to it resets them all. People will have to weigh the pros and cons of switching to it. Harsh, sure, but it would be a decent counterbalance.

If they were toned down to a point where they may only be very slightly stronger I think that may be a decent compromise. They can still feel rewarding, while not absolutely dominating. Only problem is actually getting people to balance them.
Make legendary require mastering all classes, then switching to it resets them all. People will have to weigh the pros and cons of switching to it. Harsh, sure, but it would be a decent counterbalance.
Would be way simpler and more balanced if the legendary classes were removed.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Would be way simpler and more balanced if the legendary classes were removed.
Simpler, but I don't think Kainzo wants them removed... and they do provide that bit of content after "end game" for people to work towards and give them something to do. So as long as they are toned down to a reasonable level I think it would be fine to keep them.

Simpler, but I don't think Kainzo wants them removed... and they do provide that bit of content after "end game" for people to work towards and give them something to do. So as long as they are toned down to a reasonable level I think it would be fine to keep them.
I understand that. They were a cool idea. My only concern is that the people who obtain a legendary class are the ones who already crush at PvP. Yes, skill and time should be rewarded and there should be content for "end game" players, but I am just not completely sold that this is the way.

EDIT: But then again, I am not the one that needs to be convinced of anything. At this point I'll stick with this server for as long as MC offers slight entertainment.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
How about linking conquest points to legendaries, you go through the mastering process as it is now then you must take a conquest point to switch to legendary which lasts as long as you have control of that point. After which you revert back to your old class until you can capture it again.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
What about legendary classes? Can we remove those @Kainzo
We arent removing the soul enlightenment system, but we are changing up the release date, power and stuff.

Hopefully this will work and it wont be something that is outright better by numbers, but different.

That's an interesting concept lol

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
If it reset all of your classes upon switching to it 1st please only make it combat classes, I profession classes are already annoying enough. Second, the class needs to be fun to play. The last time I played the legendary classes they were extremely boring. Third, they would then probably want to be a little above par because they reset all of your progress on the other classes. I don't really support them being stronger than other classes, but I can understand why and it could give you something to do in the "end game" which is really important for player retention.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SJ0INfQnv5D6sql5fkPtmSv72D3-En0T-RQd4BWMLZk/edit#gid=0
A very simplistic item advancement system. Base items are created by professions or found.

Chaos Shards are created out of heavy township resources OR found in crates/bosses.

This is something that may not come out initially at start but will be out soon.

The important part here is NO SPEED changes on gear and VERY LITTLE increases per level.
Is attack speed going to work on bows ? It isn't currently working.

Karsain

Glowing Redstone
Here is my Rant on my idea of how the leveling system should be:
Everyone that was around duing mob arenas agrees that it was the best leveling system, If you brought back mob arenas, but then gave the option for other parties to join into a current match, their would be really really awesome battles within the mob arena between clans. Imagine, your fighting with your town against the mobs, you each have a specific role to play in the action, whether you are for aoe, healing, tanking, ect. And then another party of 5 join in to contest your mob arena. You would be battling it out with a ton of mobs shoting everyone and creepers exploding everywhere, it is how herocraft pvp is meant to be. How it would work is you would have it so that if the party leader join the mob arena, everyone in the party nearby also join the mob arena, but the maximum you can have is 5/6 players join in. That way it would be reasonable to have the maximum amount of players in a mob arena for a decently sized town or alliance of towns. This would also fix the problem of people hogging the mob arenas.

Back in dragongaurd you would have to wait for the people in the Mob arena to finish their match, which might take a long time depending on how good their group is. With my proposed system, if their are a ton of people hogging Mob Arenas, you can just go in and kill them all! Nice! Puts a huge hardcore edge into the game. Dragongaurd was the map with the most pvp, and the reason for it was because it had mob arenas. It was a very successful map. Also, tkrall2 confused legendary classes with teir 2 classes, we both agree that teir 2 classes are cool but nobody wants to level a legendary class and the idea is great but in practice it just rewards people like Xmj and munchlaxhero who are already really good at the game and pvp anyways, with a really strong class and spells that nobody else is willing to work for and has a chance to fight against.

Also, teir 2 classes should require less exp to master, make it only a little harder than the base spec, otherwise it just feels really bad to work to master for example paladin and then lose all your spells for a prolonged amount of time just for a few most attributes and ONE spell if you fully master the spec. It goes back to not needing to make the game more grindy to keep people playing. just make it so that players have a place that naturally creates pvp, like mob arenas. In my opinion, outposts never worked because if you make the incentive too great, it will just be the big towns camping 24/7, but if you make the incentive too small, nobody would bother at all. Plus, their is nothing to do their other than wait for someone else to come so you can kill them, or wait for your 1 charm every 20 mins.

If you integrated the pvp aspect into mob arenas like I suggested, it would be the central hub of the server that everyone would want to be at, you have fun killing mobs, you have fun killing people. You can even have some mob arenas be pvp and some mob arenas be pve. People still played in mob arenas after they mastered because mob arenas were so fun to play. NOBODY wants to grind a dungeon after they master because grinding a dungeon or grinding against monsters with a ton of hp and stupid annoying spells is just boring. Bring back the old mob arenas, make the mobs with a ton of HP and weird spells into the bosses at the end of each 5th wave, and the server will be just as amazing as it was back then.
What I suggested literally soved all the problems with mob arenas, other than you get less money from selling exp boosts. Well, you don't have ANYONE buying ANYTHING from the shop if nobody is playing on the server. So give the players what they want, and have been asking for for a very long time. Give us back mob arenas. You can even make up a lore thing around it even. Make an nps say somthing like: "The city of Camelot is under attack! can you and your brave friends save them?" and if you say yes, tp their party in. I have played on this server for years. I have made many friends on this server. I know what they like about it and keeps them coming back. Kainzo needs to listen in order for this server to be great again.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Dear Herocraft:

The township code is going well, we have protected regions(Chunks), exit/enter messages, township bank view, township info commands, invitation cmds, disband cmds, and many other things working and ready. The township system will have a very feature rich upgrade system where towns will be able to produce materials based on the biomes they control. These biomes will dictate who controls what materials and who upgrades past what levels. Expect them to be traded/sold to and from towns.

The release date is on schedule. I have reviewed the class list and made necessary adjustments. The skills on the classes may be slightly adjusted before release and we have a good system in place for beginning classes > normal classes > legendaries.

The item system is being tweaked further, we're going for a more simplistic approach to items, similar to that of Dark Souls. All you need is an upgrade component and your base weapon and you will upgrade the item to the next rarity. These upgrade materials will be found in crates, created from professions and dropped from hard bosses (events).

The leveling system has taken a bit turn back to the old days of Herocraft. It will take a little work for you to get max level but it will not be a suicide grind fest like post dungeons on Patch 8.2. We want players to experience the class system and have a good time pvping and playing with friends.

The Conquest system is going to be redone to be more seamless and fun for the user base, we are also attempting to merge this system in with Townships so Conquest may not be in for the release.

Our goal is to have a polished release with a lot of content where players can work hard and achieve in whatever they want to do in Herocraft. This release is not focused on any particular style of play. There will be more PVP areas than normal but there will be more areas to level in and less bottle necks like the dungeon system, forcing players to face conflict or not level was not our original intent.

Thank you for reading, I appreciate you guys and I want you to know this release is the culmination of the last 6 years of Herocraft.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
It's been a while since I've been excited for a Minecraft server release, but there was never really a server I enjoyed more than HC. A lot of things killed HeroCraft for me; the release of mob arenas effectively culling activity in the wild (grinding was pretty rough back then though), the point when a previously malfunctioning anti-grief plugin was reinstated and raids became much less meaningful as chests could be locked safely away and thus the server lost some of its brutality, but more than that, just the unavoidable loss of activity in Oceania hours as Minecraft began to slump. That said, your server remains the most fun I've ever had in a video game, Kain. Sanctum had the most beautiful architecture I've seen in MC. Zeal's plugin malfunction and vibrant community brought to life a roleplaying experience like no other. I have faith that if you find numbers, you can bring back the magic of HeroCraft.

Karsain

Glowing Redstone
Dear Herocraft:
snipt.

This seems like it will be pretty sweet, I really enjoyed the trading aspect of towns last map, hopefully it isn't as buggy as before. Everything you said sounds really good, I just hope it turns out as good as it sounds.
the release of mob arenas effectively culling activity in the wild (grinding was pretty rough back then though
I can respect your dislike for mob arenas, but I remember a ton of pvp, however it tended to be more town vs town and at graveyards and right outside mob arenas and at war-shards rather than just randomly in the wilderness. If you wanted to raid someone back then their were plenty of people to raid. I guess it depends on whether you liked random wilderness fights vs huge clan and town battles that created rivalries and spewed huge amounts of drama in off-topic chat (lol)

@Admins | @Heralds | @Moderators
Please take a moment to read this, this is important. If you are here to troll, please don't.
You may have noticed that Herocraft (and maybe Minecraft in general) as been in bit of a decline lately, there's several reasons for this, namely that we have a map cycle of generally 6-12 months before a complete data reset, we're currently sitting at 9 months in this current map of Citadel:Towny.

The Past
Minecraft may not be around in 6 years. Herocraft itself is as old as Minecraft SMP and we're going on 6 years in less than 5 months. I have picked up several projects both in Minecraft and out, outside of Herocraft to ensure that I will still be able to work freely on games and continue to host Herocraft without the need to increase donation incentives to extreme levels (not to mention the EULA issues).

This community has survived the test of time in my opinion, we have been here longer than most triple A games stay alive and I am very proud to see this happen. In order for this community to continue to stand, I direly beseech your help. Herocraft needs leadership other than myself. I have been working on and off on finding community leaders to take on responsibilities and for the most part all of this has been very promising. The search is still on so if you are exceptionally gifted in something, please put your time to Herocraft if you can spare. We need an active group of players to be on this server helping new players feel welcomed, answer questions and fit in. We also need consistent players logging back in and obtaining ranks, rewards and prizes for doing so.

When I created Herocraft, I had one vision. Make it brutal. That vision introduced players to a type of server that they had never seen before. A brutal experience that yielded immense joy when you survived with your friends. This very same enjoyment is why we've had over 400,000 players sign into Herocraft over the last 5 years. We've seen players rage-quit for all types of things (mostly pvpers camping new players, but it happens!) To recollect on these past few years, I believe our heyday existed when we had one purpose and that was to provide an extremely brutal server to our player-base. I really want to shovel content to meet those old feelings against while embracing the new content that Minecraft has to offer and let the community decide the route Herocraft takes.

The Future
There's a few things that need to happen before we can really reset data and move towards a new era/map. Mainly is updating plugins, ensuring systems are in place for a good/enjoyable time and timing.

During this new era coming up in less than a month, I hope I can entice you to try Herocraft again. I am formally doing away with our Network hub feel until further notice and keeping all servers segregated on their own IP. Factions is branded under "Factionheroes.com" and Dungeon Heroes is under Dungeonheroes.org - We hope that players will enjoy playing these servers once their times come but for now, the primary focus under Herocraft will be to survive and to provide a unique experience with immersive systems. We are pulling out the stops and that means there won't be much hand holding when it comes to leveling, pvping, questing, protection or anything of that nature. Some changes for the new era are below for May 27th.
  • Vanilla Generated Map (2500x2500)
  • Overworld Mobs with Overworld Dungeons
  • Less strict leveling (ie, pre-8.2 patch)
  • Townships Revamped (currently in-dev)
  • Spawn / Trade District Overhaul.
  • Staff Retention Plan (currency payment to active staff members)
  • Loyalty and player retention rewards for logging in daily.
  • Conquest style points active 90% of the time for at-spawn in your face action.
  • Less crafting/profession based restrictions
  • Buycraft Store changes.
  • More simplistic items.
  • Possible planned reset times of 5-6 months.
  • 1.9.4 update.
In summation
I have been very proud hosting the community servers for over 5 years and I hope to see Herocraft thriving once again since the EULA is now blacklisting the pay2win servers, we have a chance to shine through and show Minecraft what we are really about. I hope this community grows together and can experience an amazing server with their friends as well as their foes!

-Kainzo
Don't stop keep it up