• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT The Final Stand - New Era/Map Reset

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
One reason dungeons came in was the continual battle to be equitable about dark rooms - some people would cop bans for having their dark rooms found, others would get off scot free etc. Dungeons meant dark rooms could be dropped out of the rules. Suggestions on how to manage rules around dark rooms if map-wide spawning of mobs were to return? (Not saying it would, just curious.)
Fill them, roll back people caught, multiple offenses = ban.
Regardless of who.

There have been way too many cases of "he said she said" with dark rooms. At this point, if you're caught, the first time you get reset to level 1.
After that, level resets and bans. Be harsh, be swift, don't be biased.

Aluvir

Gold
how do you not suspect someone returning with a 4 year title the day after a ban, like what lmao

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Have the dungeons, but also have random mob spawns across the map like Minecraft is meant to have. That way people can grind mobs in the world proper, and thugs who want to camp the dungeons like a bunch of gangs can have their fun pwning low level noobs. If no global spawns though, dungeons MUST be PVE in order to give everyone a fair chance to do a core aspect of Herocraft: level.

-yav
Global spawns (With random chances at bosses are already set in stone to come in)
One reason dungeons came in was the continual battle to be equitable about dark rooms - some people would cop bans for having their dark rooms found, others would get off scot free etc. Dungeons meant dark rooms could be dropped out of the rules. Suggestions on how to manage rules around dark rooms if map-wide spawning of mobs were to return? (Not saying it would, just curious.)
The ability of mobs randomly teleporting to players should ease up on dark spawn rooms.

Hello all. Little bit of a sidetrack here.

My team and I are looking forward to your server reset. We are long time players with the heroes plugin and are looking for a change in pace. As I have been reading through the forums, i see that you are revamping the Towny plugin. Sorry to see that development is not going well. So do you have an advanced towny guide, for a relatively experienced Towny mayor, including the new tweaks? Or is what I am asking for a little premature?

Besides the taxes, and the town start up coins, is there anything else that is needed to get a town going?

All in all, it looks like your server will be a blast. Keep up the good work!

~Sir Charles

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hello all. Little bit of a sidetrack here.

My team and I are looking forward to your server reset. We are long time players with the heroes plugin and are looking for a change in pace. As I have been reading through the forums, i see that you are revamping the Towny plugin. Sorry to see that development is not going well. So do you have an advanced towny guide, for a relatively experienced Towny mayor, including the new tweaks? Or is what I am asking for a little premature?

Besides the taxes, and the town start up coins, is there anything else that is needed to get a town going?

All in all, it looks like your server will be a blast. Keep up the good work!

~Sir Charles
Greetings!

We're actually moving away from Towny completely but we're custom coding a plugin very similar to towny!

To create, all you'll need is to pay coins. To upgrade you will need to trade with other towns after a certain level =)

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
So yeah, the main page said the map was reset on the 27th, but it's still the same map and the countdown timer says it's still a week. I are confused!

Greetings!

We're actually moving away from Towny completely but we're custom coding a plugin very similar to towny!

To create, all you'll need is to pay coins. To upgrade you will need to trade with other towns after a certain level =)

Thanks! Glad I posted. I was designing our town based around what I thought was the Towny implementation that was being used. Inns, jails, etc.... XD noob moment!

The leveling system for the new town plugin sounds fascinating. If i am following you, it seems like a great way to foster player interaction. Something lacking on the server where we came from.

Based on this, I can see that the wiki has some dated elements to it. From what I was reading here, I assume that the heros classes havent changed much?

Thanks

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Thanks! Glad I posted. I was designing our town based around what I thought was the Towny implementation that was being used. Inns, jails, etc.... XD noob moment!

The leveling system for the new town plugin sounds fascinating. If i am following you, it seems like a great way to foster player interaction. Something lacking on the server where we came from.

Based on this, I can see that the wiki has some dated elements to it. From what I was reading here, I assume that the heros classes havent changed much?

Thanks
Hero Class haven't change much, if at all.
The town stuff on the Wiki is based on the plugin we used for the map that is currently ending.
Once we get the new one launched, the wiki will be updated to reflect that.

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
Greetings!

Kainzo, is there anything you can release towards us plotting mayors, to aid us in our plannings? We're kinda taking a shot in the dark atm

If you add cooldowns and keep current weapon dmg, casters and supports will deal more damage than warriors and rogues :/ (because hoes have a low cooldown).

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
If you add cooldowns and keep current weapon dmg, casters and supports will deal more damage than warriors and rogues :/ (because hoes have a low cooldown).
you realize that you can still swing as many times as you want, and I would think that those swings could be able to apply the damage set by the heroes plugin. Not sure what will happen with the "special attack" for waiting the entire duration however.
If you just keep swinging in normal mc now you do a very significant amount less, but I don't think you need to have the same thing apply to every server.

cschris54321

Soulsand
This post has bad spelling, but the ideas are still very good.

I have been playing since dragon-guard, and have been the mayor of multiple successful towns. Let me just get into these suggestions.

These things are important to me, and I assume most other veteran players on this server:

1. Town system. Herocraft has always had the coolest, most unique and rewarding town system that worked really well with the professions to create a cool town environment that everyone felt apart of. I personally liked the complicated system of last map where you had a bunch of little rooms that you fed food and stuff. It had its problems but I thought it was pretty cool. However, I also liked the system the map before where you could buy a big region for a certain amount of money and you get a huge circular region for the rest of the map. No taxes pref or very little taxes. It would be cool to incorporate a pvp aspect to townships somehow. But anything that has to do with destroying someone ele's town with tnt, sounds really glitchy and bad. Anything towny is going to be disappointing because it will punish you for either getting more people or gaining more land with the taxes. You should be rewarded if you achieve a bigger town with more members and more land, not punished.

2. Leveling system. I preferred mob arena from dragongaurd, their was always pvp around it and it allowed for a lot of people to be high levels which made it so that their were a lot of people to fight against. It made pve fun because you HAD to get a team of atleast 1 cleric or 2 healers of another type. You had to have atleast 1 tank and then atleast 1 aoe. It required teamwork and I have met many friends from people from different towns just because we had to coordinate during a mob arena. The dungeon system we had at the beginning of this map was also pretty good. It had that aspect of suspence that at any time someone could just come in and kill you. Their wasn't as much teamswork but their was more pvp than MA's. If you are to choose a leveling system, I would prefer one or the other or a combination of both possibly. But the new leveling system you had this map with the dungeons that were all at one place with a few really strong mobs that took forever to kill, that was super boring. Killing a bunch of vanilla mobs is a lot more fun than killing 1 mob that can tp to you and knocks you up and takes 1 minute to kill if you constantly hit it.

3 Heros pvp Balance and updates. Any person that is well known within herocraft that has been on this server for multiple maps will tell you how important the heros pvp is. It needs to be balanced, it needs to have new spells, and those new spells need to be fun and rewarding to use.

4. Everywhere should be pvp except spawn and trade district, herogates, graveyards, ect. Even warshards should be pvp! their hsould be no pve server, it splits the community , and then the community slowly declines.

These things are important to people who used to join my towns, new players on the server:

1. Ease of joining a town and feeling included. It needs to be clear that new players should look for a town on the forums and apply if they want to find a good town, or try their luck with some random town advertising in /re.

2. Ease of getting out of spawn. At he start of this map herogates were free, and then you made them cost 15 gold. So when a new player joins the server, they can't even leave spawn through the herogates because they don't even spawn with money. And then when they decide to run all the way out of spawn the long way, they get followed and killed. So just make herogates free.

3. Ease of mining. their needs to be another world that is constantly refreshed, like warshards, where players can just gather resources. However, their world should be PVP.

Last edited: