• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT The Final Stand - New Era/Map Reset

Pringle285

Legacy Supporter 4
Dragongarde spawn for the nostalgia and it was great as well :D One of my favorite spawns, would love to see it used again <3

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I liked the quests bastion had. It was a reason to visit spawn daily, as well as detracting from the grindy feeling of leveling.

On the way to the exchange (if you want one) you could have town shops and limit the amount of towns on the map to the number of shops available. Get rid of small shops in the trade district, to encourage people to join towns and contribute. If you want a small shop make one in the wilds with a personal region. With town purchased shops, you wouldnt need towns to generate currency through anything other than their town shops. If possible allow for town shops to tax each personal shop depositing the money taxed into the town bank.

An alternative way to get people to traverse the spawn would be to offer currency for more than just souls/gold, a baker could purchase bread, cake, pies..., a fisherman could offer currency for fish caught, alchemist potions, librarian books so on and so forth. Instead of an exchange, the spawn could offer many different means of gaining currency in different locations of the spawn. Coupled with daily quests, i feel this would make the spawn more lively, help against map decay, and keep spawn bustling. I see no issue with letting a new player sit in spawn fishing so they can sell it to the fish merchant to save for an lwc. That time they will be reading chat and hopefully learn some of the ins and outs of herocraft.

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I liked the quests bastion had. It was a reason to visit spawn daily, as well as detracting from the grindy feeling of leveling.

On the way to the exchange (if you want one) you could have town shops and limit the amount of towns on the map to the number of shops available.

An alternative way to get people to traverse the spawn would be to offer currency for more than just souls/gold, a baker could purchase bread, cake, pies..., a fisherman could offer currency for fish caught, alchemist potions, librarian books so on and so forth. Instead of an exchange, the spawn could offer many different means of gaining currency in different locations of the spawn. Coupled with daily quests, i feel this would make the spawn more lively, help against map decay, and keep spawn bustling.
Bring back banker position!
Seriously though: Sounds like a solid Idea. More incentives to make money = more play time. If people can make the large amount of souls needed to buy spawn plots or whatever else we have for currency dumps, people will stick around. Will also mean players can continue to make money, even once the main map is mined out.

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
Bring back banker position!
Seriously though: Sounds like a solid Idea. More incentives to make money = more play time. If people can make the large amount of souls needed to buy spawn plots or whatever else we have for currency dumps, people will stick around. Will also mean players can continue to make money, even once the main map is mined out.
For once I agree with you on something.

_phant0m_

TNT
I think we should take out the market all together as it imo took away from the spawn experience as I felt no need to explore it at all because all I wanted to buy was right there.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3

On the way to the exchange (if you want one) you could have town shops and limit the amount of towns on the map to the number of shops available. Get rid of small shops in the trade district, to encourage people to join towns and contribute. If you want a small shop make one in the wilds with a personal region. With town purchased shops, you wouldnt need towns to generate currency through anything other than their town shops. If possible allow for town shops to tax each personal shop depositing the money taxed into the town bank.

An alternative way to get people to traverse the spawn would be to offer currency for more than just souls/gold, a baker could purchase bread, cake, pies..., a fisherman could offer currency for fish caught, alchemist potions, librarian books so on and so forth. Instead of an exchange, the spawn could offer many different means of gaining currency in different locations of the spawn. Coupled with daily quests, i feel this would make the spawn more lively, help against map decay, and keep spawn bustling. I see no issue with letting a new player sit in spawn fishing so they can sell it to the fish merchant to save for an lwc. That time they will be reading chat and hopefully learn some of the ins and outs of herocraft.
To quote the quests, I love this idea, but it has to be more than just "kill this, kill that." It should focus on item collection, distance travel, and maybe damage dealt. Like, "collect 30 rotten flesh" or "collect 5 Diamonds."

I guess those quests might be a little exploitable, so you could change the diamond one to "mine 5 diamond ore" or something like that. The rotten flesh one, you could use the same system that the party system used to track rotten flesh drops, or maybe add a quest specific custom drop that only drops during those quests and has some sort of use. I dunno, just throwing some stuff out here.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Have the dungeons, but also have random mob spawns across the map like Minecraft is meant to have. That way people can grind mobs in the world proper, and thugs who want to camp the dungeons like a bunch of gangs can have their fun pwning low level noobs. If no global spawns though, dungeons MUST be PVE in order to give everyone a fair chance to do a core aspect of Herocraft: level.

-yav

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I am not really a fan of dungeon only leveling either. If that is going to be the case then increase the exp gain in the nether and make that the go to alternative to dungeons.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Nether levelling was so good, give a purpose to go to the nether, I haven't been there since Haven

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
One reason dungeons came in was the continual battle to be equitable about dark rooms - some people would cop bans for having their dark rooms found, others would get off scot free etc. Dungeons meant dark rooms could be dropped out of the rules. Suggestions on how to manage rules around dark rooms if map-wide spawning of mobs were to return? (Not saying it would, just curious.)