• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Academy [Honorable Neutral|23]

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
To any and all Guild Applicants:
We have all been busy on the council, as such this has taken a backburner for us all. When we can, we will come back with a slightly new system. We're not dead, just... hibernating. ;)
~The Guild~
The Academy is a long-running guild, founded on the Sanctum map by Domitius. Since then we're broadened our scope while still retaining the original goal of bettering the guild's own members as well as improving the server. Honorable Neutral means that we'll deal with and accept members from any alignment, but that there is still a standard to live up to.

We are not just another PvP guild. We build ourselves up so that others can benefit. We level our classes so others can call on us for assistance, we collect materials so we may build significant and useful structures that everybody can use, and we gather information and stories so that the world of Herocraft is well-known to it's members.

Our chat and Teamspeak passwords are only provided in-game. Find a Devotee or more senior member and /tell them if you would like this information. On the forums, most of our communication is by our Group. Once you are accepted I'll invite you, and you can then access it from My Groups near the top of the screen. The one downside to the Group is that you don't get alerts, so I'm counting on everyone to check up on it of their own volition.

~Guidelines~
Rule Zero: Do NOT break server rules. Anybody who does anything deserving of staff punishment will be expelled.
Rule One: Academy members must be honest and level-headed. You can PvP and steal within the server rules, but if you cannot stay classy you shouldn't bother joining.
-If you're going to take something out of the guild's storage, please notify a Master or post in the thread in our Group.
-Politics don't matter after you've accepted a task for the Academy. No shirking your work to attack an enemy, and no squabbling with guildmates because they're from the wrong town. If you're asked to do a job that you don't want to do for political reasons you don't have to.
-Breaking a rule can result in a fine of coin or materials. Refusing to pay the fine can mean expulsion and/or being hunted by the guild for a certain amount of time.

~Structure~
There are two components to classification within the guild: Ranks and Roles.

Ranks- the primary method of seeing who's who in the guild. It's a very basic seniority ladder.
  • Acolyte: Starting Rank. They tend to work on things that are better done in groups.
  • Devotee: Intermediate Rank. Devotees have proven themselves an asset to the guild and have a Role to play.
  • Sage: Expert Rank. They serve on the Council that guides the Academy through the game, and have more authority than a Devotee.
  • Headmaster: My Rank. The Headmaster shares Council information with the public.
Roles- Devotees and higher can gain Roles, which denote that they lead or help to lead a guild task. These are created as they are needed or suggested, although examples include Artist (for designing art assets), Bookkeeper (for managing threads and out-of-game stuff), and Captain (for leading PvP groups).

Titles- There are also titles. These are just little words next to your name in this thread, which represent some type achievement within the guild. They are potentially pretty random.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
~Allies~
Other guilds we have alliances with.​
~Paperwork~​
Application:
NOTE: Recruitment is currently closed, as we are currently in hibernation. Due to real life and other responsibilities, we have not been able to kick-start this as desired. We will open recruitment and revamp this when we are able. Thank you!​
IGN:​
Age|Time Zone:​
Whitelist Date:​
Current Combat|Mastered Combat:​
Current Prof|Mastered Prof:​
Current Township:​
Past Guilds:​
Why do you wish to join The Academy?:​
Which Guild teams do you wish to join?: <Work|Merc|Lore>​
~Members~
(Grey names are either thought inactive or are no longer part of the guild, and do not go toward our member count)​
-Special Positions-​
Headmaster Dazureus- Sentinel​
Founder Domitius - Sentinel
-Honorary Members-​
Alator- Lorekeeper
EtKenn - <Dragon Title TBA>
gabizou - Sentinel
Kam744 - <Dragon Title TBA>
-Masters-​
Master Dielan9999 - Sentinel
Master Theazian - Zealot|Lorekeeper
Master TheMormon - Sentinel|Librarian
Master Upb34t - <Dragon Title TBA>​
-Former Masters-​
Master Kophka - Zealot
Master madsplatter - Zealot
-Devotees-​
Galaxial - Designer/<Dragon Title TBA>​
strongholdx - Lorekeeper/<Dragon Title TBA>​
Troppics - Zealot​
~Inactive~​
st3pur308 - Zealot/HQ Architect
-Acolytes-​
Aerokii​
drpepper1344 - <Dragon Title TBA>​
Evilthor - Zealot​
Haxnn - Zealot​
Iarbobray​
Jloy1 - Zealot​
Kourne​
Lunar_izy - <Dragon Title TBA>​
PineappleChicken - Zealot​
Sidgil​
Slitthroat​
TheLeftToe​
Torod​
TylerLDolan​
xexorian - <Dragon Title TBA>​
~Inactive~​
earpus96 -Zealot
jaif14 - <Dragon Title TBA>
kurugi - Sentinel
Nadastorm - <Dragon Title TBA>
Squirt0 - <Dragon Title TBA>

-Expelled-
NDKOHSE

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
And we're good. We need to do a roll call and re-invite people to the Group. I guess we can use the thread that is now in the Graveyard for reference. Mormon's half of the OP will also include an FAQ section that references questions people ask in this thread, so the asking of the questions that have yet to be referenced is encouraged.

Our initial HQ will be in Belegost, so if you're feeling generous you can donate to Haxnn or myself to help us wrap up the cost of regions. For the record we've been harried pretty badly by raiders and we're working out of a little personal residence... The sooner we can shut the door on the bad guys the sooner we'll have an in-game base of ops.

Torod

Glowstone
IGN: Torod
Age|Time Zone: 16 in two days / GMT+1
Whitelist Date: 13:th of March
Current Combat|Mastered Combat: Runeblade / Rogue
Current Prof|Mastered Prof: Alchemist / Crafter
Current Township: Malkier
Past Guilds: None
Why do you wish to join The Academy?: Ever since I first saw The Academy's thread back on Dragongarde, I've wanted to join your guild. I have wanted to join mainly because I think that your rank system looks interesting and from what I've read in the thread it looks like your guild has alot of cool people.
Which Guild teams do you wish to join?: <Work|Merc|Lore> Work and Merc

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
IGN: Torod
Age|Time Zone: 16 in two days / GMT+1
Whitelist Date: 13:th of March
Current Combat|Mastered Combat: Runeblade / Rogue
Current Prof|Mastered Prof: Alchemist / Crafter
Current Township: Malkier
Past Guilds: None
Why do you wish to join The Academy?: Ever since I first saw The Academy's thread back on Dragongarde, I've wanted to join your guild. I have wanted to join mainly because I think that your rank system looks interesting and from what I've read in the thread it looks like your guild has alot of cool people.
Which Guild teams do you wish to join?: <Work|Merc|Lore> Work and Merc
Accepted, and happy early birthday! :eek:

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Role Call! Respond ASAP with whether or not you wish to stay in AC. Very important!
-Special Positions-​
[x] Headmaster Dazureus- Sentinel​
[] Founder @Domitius - Sentinel
-Honorary Members-​
[x] Alator- Lorekeeper
[x] EtKenn - <Dragon Title TBA>​
[x] @gabizou - Sentinel
[] @Kam744 - <Dragon Title TBA>​
-Masters-​
[x] Master @Dielan9999 - Sentinel
[x] Master @Theazian - Zealot|Lorekeeper
[x] Master @TheMormon - Sentinel|Librarian