• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Spec Casters....

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Use root, slows or what ever befor fireball. Also, a caster would just have to learn how and when to use his spell. If he "needs" to attack, there are other spells he can use, not just fireball.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Find me another viable offensive spell for kiting / long range.
I know Wizards don't have any. They can use bolt, but that too has a warmup. With cooldowns you can do other things, not with warmup. Adding a warmup to fireball would destroy the caster path.

HollowSith

Diamond
Bingy just killed me in literally 2 seconds. Root -> Bolt -> Fireball and maybe another fireball then I am dead. Do something about this shit. It's making this server not fun for non caster specs (even though 75% of the server are casters)

Your normal attack, without skills can drop me in 6 hits. 6 seconds. While, it takes my class 6 seconds to get you with 2 fireball, that will not kill you. Your class does more damage from behind as well. If I get close enough to use a root + bolt, the after effects would kill me because I leave my self so close to you. So, I'm curious if you play your class right. Do you sneak and use your abilities to creep up on your enemies and swiftly kill them? Or do you charge head on? Because if it's option number 2, your not playing your class right. This, instead of caster error, could just be your own.

It just means that Fireball should have a higher cooldown if anything. A warmup on fireball may have too large negatives...

People are taking advantage of the situation. The non casters are going to complain about the large amounts of damage until the damage for all the classes is matched, not balanced. Which is not how you intend, nor should. Wizard is my primary class. We have received various nerf's lately that will just continue because everyone who doesn't play it would see the class run into the groud. My question is what if the damage on fireball be altered to 15? and/or given a longer cool down? What if then, still everyone keeps at casters. Just because there are so many? Players don't understand, that as a Wizard my class has been thoroughly altered since the map came out , my root is been changed entirely, the damage on my fireball has been weakened while the distance and speed have increased, we have acquired warm up times on many skills, blink now has a 5 seconds cool down instead of 2. How much more difficult is this class going to get so that others will be beyond easy to use?

So yes, my point is people are lazy and want an easy kill. When they fight someone difficult of any class they complain. A very large majority of the server are casters. It only makes sense that people would complain about them. Considering they're dying from them, because that's who they mostly fight. Fireball should go no lower then 15. A warm up can not exist. The cool down shouldn't be increased either. None of these arguments warrant it. Lowering it to 15 is a stretch.

skittles32009

Legacy Supporter 7
rather than quote hollow and have a huge wall of text, i am just going to say i agree completely but could not articulate it as he did. and on that note i believe from here on out, any(most) changes to balance issues, are going to be made from the new balance and testing team that is being created this upcoming week. i'll let you guys fill in the rest.

gooscar

Legacy Supporter 4
Your normal attack, without skills can drop me in 6 hits. 6 seconds. While, it takes my class 6 seconds to get you with 2 fireball, that will not kill you. Your class does more damage from behind as well. If I get close enough to use a root + bolt, the after effects would kill me because I leave my self so close to you. So, I'm curious if you play your class right. Do you sneak and use your abilities to creep up on your enemies and swiftly kill them? Or do you charge head on? Because if it's option number 2, your not playing your class right. This, instead of caster error, could just be your own.

People are taking advantage of the situation. The non casters are going to complain about the large amounts of damage until the damage for all the classes is matched, not balanced. Which is not how you intend, nor should. Wizard is my primary class. We have received various nerf's lately that will just continue because everyone who doesn't play it would see the class run into the groud. My question is what if the damage on fireball be altered to 15? and/or given a longer cool down? What if then, still everyone keeps at casters. Just because there are so many? Players don't understand, that as a Wizard my class has been thoroughly altered since the map came out , my root is been changed entirely, the damage on my fireball has been weakened while the distance and speed have increased, we have acquired warm up times on many skills, blink now has a 5 seconds cool down instead of 2. How much more difficult is this class going to get so that others will be beyond easy to use?

So yes, my point is people are lazy and want an easy kill. When they fight someone difficult of any class they complain. A very large majority of the server are casters. It only makes sense that people would complain about them. Considering they're dying from them, because that's who they mostly fight. Fireball should go no lower then 15. A warm up can not exist. The cool down shouldn't be increased either. None of these arguments warrant it. Lowering it to 15 is a stretch.

If there is a warmup/ raised CD on fireball, I think to match the change for other classes there should be a warmup/ raised CD on melee attacks.
This is our bread and butter, our default attack, mess with it and we're screwed. The damage shouldn't be lowered to 15, that's only 4 higher than the spammable theif melee- we are meant to do a lot of damage, but as @HollowSith said, if a rogue spec so much as touches me I am dead.
Be very careful nerfing fireball if you plan to do so, just because casters get hate it doesn't mean it's justified ;-;

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Hollow you continuously blame others for complaining because they can't get an easy skill. Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, casters are overpowered? That it might just be too hard to kill casters? You pulled that shit in the last thread like this.

So 75% of the server is a caster. People always flock to the best deals, the best paths and the best specs. Obviously casters are more powerful than most other paths if so many people choose to be one. We want balance. If the paths were balanced you would hypothetically see a similar balance in the distribution of people in each path. Like each path has 25% of the population. 25*4(paths) = 100% and an even distribution.

I'm not even going to begin to suggest how to balance it - I'd like to stay out of that argument. However, saying that it is balanced or even close to balanced is ignorant.

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
Bolt - 25% chance of a miss.

Just like in pokemon how some moves miss all the time like Dynamic Punch or Zap Cannon. xP

Aetosion

Obsidian
@HollowSith
@gooscar

I agree.

@Kalkyte

Frequency does not equal dominance, as my Bio teacher said. A disciple can easily take out most casters. Their Forcepull brings the ranged combatant close quarters, where the disciple can whack at them with a raw fish. Smite also does instant damage with no projectile to aim. I just got killed by one half an hour ago. Are people going Disciple to face off Caster Specs? No. Rogues are also epic at destroying casters, sneak up behind a caster- and you've got a dead caster in a few seconds.

The caster path is meant to face down Warriors, their spells penetrating armour by design. I used to play as a rogue, and always got taken out if I tried to face off a warrior, whose armour in close range takes the cake. However, if I ever faced a caster, a little bobbing and weaving and I'm close enough to take them out easily.

Casters have a very unconventional play style. As Sith and Gooscar said, it's quite simple to take out a caster, you just need to play your class better than the caster plays his. If you can't do that, let's hope you did lose, otherwise your class is quite unbalanced.

@AzenYumCha

Bolt also takes about 25% of mana with a 15 second cooldown and a one second warmup. xD

Aetosion

Obsidian
If Fireball was a skill like Harmtouch and was overpowered, I'd totally support a nerf. This is not the case, fireball is the quintessential caster skill. Casters have Fireball, Rogues have melee, Warriors have melee, and Healers have either Melee/Smite. Considering casters aren't all running around with killstreak titles (I'm on a 1 killstreak, before that I was on a 3 deathstreak), I would think Casters aren't quite as overpowered as you make them out to be. Some casters have skillz, as with many other players in many other classes. This does not mean all casters are that good, or all rogues are that good, or all warriors are that good, or all Healers (a few of them got killstreak titles from their Healer class, I know @BlackOhso did) are that epic of fighters.

Yes, they do significant damage, that's the point of the caster path. Casters also can take very little damage before death, also the point of the caster path. If you want to nerf fireball to the extent the majority of you are pushing, all Casters need chainmail so they don't die the moment they enter a fight.

@Kainzo
Casters are a purely ranged class. Lowering fireball damage any more makes them have the same ranged power as a Ranger. Rangers are hybrids with melee and ranged attacks, and are not intended to be pure long-distance fighters. Instead they are a jack-of-all trades kind of class. This is not so with casters. Casters have high ranged damage, at the loss of everything else.Weakening fireball much more turns casters into healers without heals, rangers without melee. There's no reason for anyone to play a class like that.

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
Aetosion something is wrong with fireball... Its way to strong whether you think so or not. Something needs to be changed about it. Whether its longer cool down or more mana or warm up time i don't care. i don't have fun pvping as a geomancer knowing i can 1v1 any class and win. i liked old casters that did like 6 damage with fireball cause if you killed someone it actually took skill not just right clicking with your mouse. I pvp for a challenge not to get items or anything. And i don't see the fun in pvp with a caster. I went caster because i thought it would be a challenge to kill people like it was on zeal when fireball didn't do as much damage and you had to have skill to kill someone or just out smart them. On here its just stun fireball fireball fireball win... nothing to it

Aetosion

Obsidian
Geos are insane, I agree. The deepfreeze/fireball combo does a shit ton of damage. The deepfreeze mechanics are unlike that of root. You can't turn side to side with deepfreeze. I also can't kill Geos because they've also got fire armour.

I think alot would be better balanced if we reverted to the fireball mechanics of 2 weeks ago. It's too fast now, and impossible to dodge. Previously when fighting against a caster, there was a skill in strafing and dodging. Now it's pretty much instant hit. That is something that could be fixed.

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
The fireball speed is good i like it like this. Lag doesnt effect it to much when trying to hit a target.