• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Spec Casters....

skittles32009

Legacy Supporter 7
it used to be 22. now its 18 dmg. we are MEANT to be burst classes. lower it any more and we WILL be absolutely useless. imho. my experience is only coming from mob grinding though so its rather limited :D

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
The point of a caster is to do alot of damage but with a cost AND also to have low survivability. I belive it is thiefs that can do 11 damage with a gold sword with no cost and no cool down. I agree with skittles.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
i still think casters base fireball should do like 5 damage or something then with a wood hoe it does x more, stone does even, etc that way casters actually need to carry stuff with them to be effective and cant run around with a flower killing everyone.

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
We still do insane damage... We have other kills you know that just add on damage

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
The point of a caster is to do alot of damage but with a cost AND also to have low survivability. I belive it is thiefs that can do 11 damage with a gold sword with no cost and no cool down. I agree with skittles.
As a Thief everytime I fight a Geo/Wizard I die. No matter what. The only Anti-Mage skill I have as of now is Kick and it's a 5 second silence. While they are silenced all the caster has to do is run away (It doesn't help that kick actually pushes them farther away). After I chase them all they do is turn around and use ether root or freeze (w/e the skill for geo is called). Then I get fireballed/bolted and I am dead. The issue I have with casters is they can literally run out of a graveyard and do insane amounts of damage and continue to run out until they kill that person.

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
As a Thief everytime I fight a Geo/Wizard I die. No matter what. The only Anti-Mage skill I have as of now is Kick and it's a 5 second silence. While they are silenced all the caster has to do is run away (It doesn't help that kick actually pushes them farther away). After I chase them all they do is turn around and use ether root or freeze (w/e the skill for geo is called). Then I get fireballed/bolted and I am dead. The issue I have with casters is they can literally run out of a graveyard and do insane amounts of damage and continue to run out until they kill that person.

That is what I find the most annoying about Casters.

Solution:

Put casting times on spells. Healers have warm-up times on their heals.

Casters should have warm-up times on their spells. During that warm up time they get de-buffed with the same anti-buffs as when someone recalls or uses bandage.

That at least gives other players a chance to catch up so they cant run away. Warm-up time would vary from spell.

Fireball-1.5 second Warmup

Deep Freeze. 1.8 - 2 second warm up

Icebolt- 1.8 - 2 second warm up

Pulse- 2-2.3 second warm up

Icy Aura- 1.5 - 1.8 second warm up

Blaze - 1-1.5 second warm up

Chain Lightning- 3 second warm up

Firewall- 3 second warmup

Just examples^

skittles32009

Legacy Supporter 7
i wont bother quoting, but most every skill besides fireball DOES have a warm up.

those warmups have also been tested and tweaked until a perfect time was found. this occured maybe 2-3 weeks ago

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Deepfreeze dosn't have a warm up however if there was one it would make no sense. Most of the others do.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I agree, Casters can fire 5-7 fireballs really fast and if hit by 4 of them, you're dead. No matter armor or class, 4 Fireballs hit = Kill or so much dmg that the target can't fight.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I do like the idea of the better the hoe the better the damage...

Wolfzee

ICE ICE ICE!
Ima geo and I understand where everyone is coming from. The problem is that balancing caster without breaking them is very hard. Sure channel time(warm-up) might work, but that would make casters too vulnerable. I think fireball should be multiplied by the type of hoe. This would require casters to actually have items, not just sticks and flowers.

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
I run around with a gold hoe and full gold armor just to run out and die from a wizard that just came from a graveyard...

BulkPhase

Obsidian
I was also a Geo as well, only level 31 and I could easily kill anyone from 1-55 no matter the level. No joke, I could take on ANY class with DeepFreeze/Icebolt/Fireball, run away and wait for CD's to come back. Oh.. you're a 55 Warrior spec? Okay run at me and I'll do 70 damage instantly and only lose 50 mana. Trust me, without even needing any proof from a "balance team" I can say that Geomancers/Wizards and any Caster spec fireball IS overpowered.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
As a ranger I experience
In the time I use to shoot an arrow a caster can shoot 5-6 fireballs at me = me dead.

I would suggest a warmup, the damage is not the problem.