• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Patch Notes - 10/01/13 to 10/14/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOhso

Legacy Supporter 6
  • Players will now have their armor and held item restored on death. This is for the rare custom-items (weps and armor) coming in soon. When karma comes back in, murderers will have their items drop on death. Items kept on death will take a durability hit of 10-20% soon.
ahhh reminds me of good ole runescape days. :')

BlackOhso

Legacy Supporter 6
I enjoy pvp'ing, but because of it, I must be punished? I must concur with the other several folks on this topic. #oohkillem

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
The problem I find with PVP is that there is little reward to it. Either you track someone who is mining and steal his ores (Dick-move FYI) or you find someone who's a relativly good opponent. They''ll just bring their friends and you get nothing but a slaughter at graveyards and possibly diamond armor/weapons (Whoop-de-do). At the end of the day, it's more fun for me to just do arena/duels with people of equal skill/lvl.

BlackOhso

Legacy Supporter 6
The problem I find with PVP is that there is little reward to it. Either you track someone who is mining and steal his ores (Dick-move FYI) or you find someone who's a relativly good opponent. They''ll just bring their friends and you get nothing but a slaughter at graveyards and possibly diamond armor/weapons (Whoop-de-do). At the end of the day, it's more fun for me to just do arena/duels with people of equal skill/lvl.
There is little reward, but there still is a reward, with arenas what not, there is NO reward. The majority of it is just 1v1ing, trash talking, trying to prove whos the better 1v1er, when this isnt based around 1v1, but groups.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
There is little reward, but there still is a reward, with arenas what not, there is NO reward. The majority of it is just 1v1ing, trash talking, trying to prove whos the better 1v1er, when this isnt based around 1v1, but groups.
I rather do a 2v2 duel with people I know will put up a fight, than travel around the world searching for noobs. The problem I have with PVP is that it's inconsistent.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Maybe instead of the armor thing (keep the armor not dropping, but for both good and evil) there should be two choices - "good" and "evil". Good gets some small amount of extra resources or something when doing typical minecraft stuff like mining, farming, lumberjackin it up, etc. Evil gets a small coin reward when killing another player, with a cooldown per player to prevent abuse. Would hopefully promote more pvp but also give people who dont want to pvp a reward for choosing good / peaceful as well.

Doesnt have to be called good and evil but you get the idea

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I rather do a 2v2 duel with people I know will put up a fight, than travel around the world searching for noobs. The problem I have with PVP is that it's inconsistent.

I saw in olympic thread LO is working on a town vs town thing where you claim areas and get points from doing so. Would be cool if this could be made a permenent open world area for people to fight over.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I saw in Olympic thread LO is working on a town vs town thing where you claim areas and get points from doing so. Would be cool if this could be made a permanent open world area for people to fight over.
I like the idea. A pvp meta game is exactly what HC needs.

Archestro

Legacy Supporter 6
There is a chance that the notion of not losing one's armor will embolden persons not disposed to pvp to venture out of their holes more often. This could potentially increase the occurrence of pvp.

I personal would take greater risk if all would not be lost ;)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We hope to add real reward and stat-tracking with Arenas to make them a viable option and fun.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
We hope to add real reward and stat-tracking with Arenas to make them a viable option and fun.
Make that if u win arena, u get some points, which u can buy gear at the arena shop, some not op but rewarding gear, custom items, funny joke items etc.... ( for example Kainzo's head)

• Players will now have their armor and held item restored on death. This is for the rare custom-items (weps and armor) coming in soon. When karma comes back in, murderers will have their items drop on death. Items kept on death will take a durability hit of 10-20% soon.

Will classes that can use bows (but not summon arrows) have arrows restored on death as well (since they're not typically held items)?

Status
Not open for further replies.