• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

(out dated) Releasing the HeroModPack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
We're going to start testing the Forge implementation of HeroMod :) Be Prepared to have maximum mod compaitibility!

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
We're going to start testing the Forge implementation of HeroMod :) Be Prepared to have maximum mod compaitibility!
Damn... Admin, Mod, Programmer, Architect and tier 7... you have lots of positions! :cool:

I downloaded the Hero Mod Pack just like you did in the video Gabi (I've got a mac as well). But Minecraft STILL crashes, it shows a blue screen with a white box full of text. Now the weird thing is, is that I tried it on my dad's computer too (we have same computer model) and it worked! So is there a problem with my Minecraft?

Thanks,
Rangehoplite

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I downloaded the Hero Mod Pack just like you did in the video Gabi (I've got a mac as well). But Minecraft STILL crashes, it shows a blue screen with a white box full of text. Now the weird thing is, is that I tried it on my dad's computer too (we have same computer model) and it worked! So is there a problem with my Minecraft?

Thanks,
Rangehoplite
Can you give me the crash log on your computer? I can't help unless I have a crash log.

xXrockXx

Gold
To back-up your minecraft in case something goes wrong, do you just copy the ".minecraft" folder and save it somewhere like the desktop? And if it did go wrong, would you delete the modded ".minecraft" folder and replace it with the one you copied originally?

Droowid

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
This modpack is fucking PERFECT. It literally has every mod I used before, and none I didn't, but now I don't have to update anything and can still switch to my super crazy singerplayer mods without much hassle. Thanks gabizou <3<3<3<3<3<3 times infinity

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
To back-up your minecraft in case something goes wrong, do you just copy the ".minecraft" folder and save it somewhere like the desktop? And if it did go wrong, would you delete the modded ".minecraft" folder and replace it with the one you copied originally?
To backup your minecraft install, you can just copy the entire .minecraft folder to desktop or just move it to desktop. I recommend using the modpack on a clean installation as though you just launched minecraft for the first time.

Colonel Rick

Legacy Supporter 7
FYI on the Technic Pack, whenever it updates the "sound" folder is deleted. It might just be a me issue, but I have to go pull an older Minecraft sound file every time you update the Technic version of the Modpack.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
FYI on the Technic Pack, whenever it updates the "sound" folder is deleted. It might just be a me issue, but I have to go pull an older Minecraft sound file every time you update the Technic version of the Modpack.
I'd advise going to the Technic forums and seeing if other people are having the same issue. I have no clue why it would do that.

Colonel Rick

Legacy Supporter 7
It seems to be a simple enough fix to just move some files around from other things. I was more worried that it was an HC thing.

NovaTony

Wood
so im trying to get the modpack opened on tekkit but when i do it instantly crash's (i use a mac) so could i get some help with that

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
so im trying to get the modpack opened on tekkit but when i do it instantly crash's (i use a mac) so could i get some help with that
You need to launch the launcher while using java 6, and not java 7.
to do this locate your the folder in terminal where the technic.jar (or whatever) is (using ls, and cd). Then type
Code:
export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home
press enter.
and type:
Code:
java -jar INSERTWHATEVERYOUCALLTHEJARFILEHERE.jar
switch out "INSERTWHATEVERYOUCALLTHEJARFILE whith what you actually call the jar file :)
press enter, and if you did it correct, it will launch in java 6.

me19584

Glowing Redstone
I can not mine with the heromod. Does it have something to do with my keybinds? Someone help please

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
The technic launcher has updated and provides some support for Java 7 on Mac OS X, but it is still not stable with the mod pack. Mac OS X Clients still must use Java 6 to use the heromodpack on Technic Launcher.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Big Update!
HeroModPack v1.4.0
-Remove Modloader
-Add in MinecraftForge
-Update Optifine 1.5.2UD3
-Update HeroMod
-Add VoxelMenu
-Update TabbyChat