• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

(out dated) Releasing the HeroModPack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
This is currently outdated - it is not ready for 1.7+ consumption.

Now I know that Rumblestikk has provided some customized jars and zips to preclude what I've done here but this is an official thread for the new HeroModPack.

Without further ado, I present the:

Untitled-1-Recovered_zps90cf8afc.png

I have bundled together a customized installer that installs various Herocraft Approved mods that enhance your Minecraft experience whilst not only playing on Herocraft, but also at the Main Menu!
The installer will automagically install all the recommended mods plus some of their requirements such as ModLoader and LiteLoader.

LiteLoader - An essential mod to Minecraft that loads mods like Macro/KeyBind mod and VoxelMenu

Rei's Minimap - An optional minimap that allows for custom waypoints to be used in game

Macro/Keybind Mod - An optional mod that allows for keybinds to be assigned to macros and GUI buttons when in text mode to execute complex commands in a fraction of the time. Beneficial for Heroes Skills bindings and those Trade chat advertisements.

HeroMod - An optional mod that ties into Heroes on Herocraft for useful Heads Up Display such as a mana bar, Party member info, Combat Timer, Health Regen timer, and Skill cooldown timers. This is the main mod for this ModPack.

VoxelMenu - An optional mod that drastically changes the Main Menu of Minecraft and the Escape menu of Minecraft to be much more simplistic and comes with an awesome "Quick connect" button on the Main Menu to Herocraft RPG

Optifine - An optional mod that enables HD texturepacks on Minecraft and improves FPS drastically with improved toggles for almost everything Graphics.

bspkrs' Mods - Adds a durability HUD and status effect HUD to minecraft for easier notifications of how low your pickaxe is and other stuff.

TabbyChat - Adds chat tabs and more!

There are THREE methods of installation of this awesome pack

Technic Launcher! - OUTDATED!
WILL NOT WORK YET
Available privately for the mean time as we are lacking some graphics and the modpack will undergo a large revamp for 1.5 release. The Technic Launcher will allow you to not have to worry about when Minecraft is updated or when Herocraft is updated as it will automagically update the ModPack when Herocraft updates or when a fix/feature is introduced in the ModPack.

To use our modpack:
1) Download the Technic Launcher from the link above
2) Set up Technic as required (input directory, doesn't need to be changed)
3) On the left side, click the button "Add New Pack"
4) Copy this link: http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/heromodpack
5) Click "PASTE" in Technic Launcher
6) Click "Add Modpack"
7) Enter in login details and everything else is taken care of!

NOTE: If you have Parsing Error - Re run Technic Launcher with Admin (Right click TechnicLauncher > Run as Admin!)

ModPack Installer v1.4.0 - OUTDATED!
WILL NOT WORK YET
Available only on the Herocraft Member Forums until further notice. This modpack will install the HeroModPack (whichever version is released at the current time) in a bundle. You, as the user, will be able to select which optional mods are installed. This is intended for those who wish to NOT have mods such as Optifine installed or Macro/Keybind Mod or VoxelMenu or Rei's Minimap or HeroMod.

This modpack is download ONLY, it is NOT to be used with Technic Launcher!!

Current Version: HeroModPack v1.4.0

A Video on how to use the modpack on Mac OS X!

Minecraft 1.5.2: HeroModPack v1.3.0
Minecraft 1.5.1 - HeroModPack v1.2.8.3
Minecraft 1.4.7 - HeroModPack v1.1

WILL NOT WORK IF ALREADY MODDED MINECRAFT!!!

This method ABSOLUTELY REQUIRES a CLEAN minecraft installation! If you have a mods/ folder in your .minecraft/ YOU NEED TO DELETE IT!!

To install the modpack:
1) Download the ModPack from the link above
2) Extract the ModPack fully or this won't work!
3) If you're on Windows, open the "ModPack Installer Windows", if you're on Mac/Linux open "ModPAck Installer NOT Windows"
4) Go ahead and click "Next"
5) If you wish to customize your installation, check/uncheck anything you see
6) Click "Next"
7) Let the installer install everything (a backup of your current minecraft.jar will be made in the .minecraft/bin/ folder)
8) Go ahead and start up minecraft!

Notes: This version of the installer does take a little longer to update as it's something more annoying to upload every time there's a subversion update. I do like to keep the modpack up to date but this version will be somewhat outdated by a few versions at times.

Manual Jar Installation v1.6.0

This is for those who want to have complete control over what mods they want to install and other things. I'm bundling the modded minecraft.jar and a zip folder of the stuff that needs to go into the .minecraft/mods folder and the .minecraft/config folder

This is to be used by those who know how to modify their minecraft without any other tools.

Current Release:
HeroModPack v1.6.0 for Minecraft 1.6.4

THERE IS A README INSIDE THE ZIP WITH INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.

Old Releases said:
DO NOT TRY TO USE HEROMOD! IT IS NOT UPDATED!

Old Releases Section:
Minecraft 1.6.2 -HeroModPack v1.5.0 for Minecraft 1.6.2

Modded Minecraft - v1.4.0
Mods/Configs - v1.4.0

Modded Minecraft - v1.3.1
Mods/Configs - v1.3.1

Modded Minecraft - v1.2.7
Mods/Config Zip - v1.2.7

1) Make Absolutely sure you are running a clean Minecraft 1.6.2 installation and run Minecraft at least 1 time
2) Download the HeroModPack zip from above
3) Unzip HeroModPack
4) Run "minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-9.10.0.804.jar" (If you're using a different directory, re-choose the correct minecraft directory)
5) Check "Install client" and click "OK"
6) Run "liteloader-installer-1.6.2-03.jar" and Select "Install LiteLoader" and CHECK "Chain to Minecraft Forge 9.10.0.804" then click OK (Again, if you have a different directory for minecraft, re-choose the correct minecraft directory)
7) Click Start > cmd > %appdata% and select Roaming/.minecraft/
8) Copy the mods and config folder from the unzipped Modpack to the .minecraft/ folder
9) Optional for Optifine! go to the versions/LiteLoader1.6.2/ folder and copy the LiteLoader1.6.2.jar from the HeroModPack into here, replacing the one that was provided.
10) Launch the Minecraft Launcher
11) Select the LiteLoader profile
12) Click "Edit Profile"
13) Check JVM Arguments and paste this over what is already there
Code:
-Xmx1G -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true
14) Click "Save Profile"
15) Click "Play"! And you should be set up!

This isn't the advised way of using the ModPack, we recommend using the Technic Installation as it will always be up to date and should be the least bug free!

HeroModPack v1.6.0
- Update to Minecraft 1.6.4
- Update Optifine (Now a Forge mod)
- Update LiteLoader
- Update Forge
- Update StatusHUD
- Update Macro/Keybind Mod
- Removed Rei's Minimap (Not updated, noo longer being used)
- Added VoxelMap (Replacing Rei's Minimap)
- Added VoxelMenu (YAY!)

HeroModPack v1.5.0
-Update to Minecraft 1.6.2
-Update Optifine 1.6.2UB3
-Update LiteLoader
-Update Forge
-Update StatusHUD and ArmorHUD
-Update Macro/Keybind Mod
-Update Rei's Minimap

HeroModPack v1.4.0
- Remove Modloader
- Add MinecraftForge
- Add VoxelMenu
- Update Optifine 1.5.2UD3
- Update HeroMod
- Update TabbyChat

HeroModPack v1.3.0
- Updated Optifine D2 for Minecarft 1.5.2
- Updated bspkrs's Mods for Minecraft 1.5.2
- Updated Rei's Minimap for Minecraft 1.5.2
- Updated Liteloader for Minecraft 1.5.2
- Updated Macro/Keybind Mod for Minecraft 1.5.2
- Updated TabbyChat for Minecraft 1.5.2
- Removed VoxelMenu pending update from Mumfrey

HeroModPack v1.2.9
Added VoxelMenu
Added Main Menu Music

HeroModPack v1.2.8.3
Updated Optifine B2 Ultra
Updated bspkrs Core
Added some custom ordering for ModLoader to load mods in specific order :)

HeroModPack v1.2.8.2
Added configuration for bspkrs' Core mod to disable update checks (causes long start up times if the website is down)

HeroModPack v1.2.8.1
Fixed some TabbyChat defaults (gab is a derp)

HeroModPack v1.2.8
Added in TabbyChat and some custom filters for things like /tells and Elite chat.

HeroModPack v1.2.6
Updated Optifine :)

HeroModPack v1.2.5
Switched out Forge with Modloader
Added HeroMod WOOO!!

HeroModPack v1.2.4:
Changes:
- Replaced ModLoader with Forge (this is intended as there are some mods in the future that we will want to add for some really cool stuff)
- Updated Optifine to OptifineA9U for Minecraft 1.5.1
- Updated bspkrs's Mods for 1.5.1
- Updated Rei's Minimap for 1.5.1
- Updated Liteloader for 1.5.1
- Updated Macro/Keybinds Mod for 1.5.1
- Added in a default config for Rei's Minimap to be rounded for all players to have an easier time.

HeroModPack v1.2.3:
- Added default configuration for Status HUD mod to be on the mid right side of the minecraft window

HeroModPack v1.2.2:
- Added Optifine for Minecraft 1.5

HeroModPack v1.2.1:
Updated modpack for Minecraft 1.5!
- Updated Modloader for 1.5
- Updated Macro/Keybind Mod for 1.5
- Added bspkr's Mods (PotionEffects and Durability HUD)

HeroModPack v1.1:
Added:
- VoxelMenu
- Some Main Menu Music

HeroModPack v1.0:

First introduction of the ModPack
Includes:
- HeroMod for Minecraft 1.4.7
- Modloader for Minecraft 1.4.7
- Optifine for Minecraft 1.4.7
- Macro/Keybind Mod for Minecraft 1.4.7
- Rei's Minimap for Minecraft 1.4.7

Credits to all who have helped in make this possible:
Rumblestikk - He told me of the mods that were allowed and kept the Modded Minecraft thread living for ages

unknownloner - He wrote the HeroMod and is currently doing some fantastic things to keep it updated for 1.5 (We'll let you know when that's available ;))

iGavinnn - He made the awesome graphics for the Installer and this thread.

gabizou - Investing the time to search into new ways to facilitate easier modding of Minecraft suitable for the Herocraft community.

Warnings:
The modpack is provided AS-IS and the Herocraft Online Community/Staff is not responsible for what happens to your Minecraft installation. It is recommended to either use the Technic Launcher or learn how to back up your minecraft directory before possibly breaking things. It is NOT advised to attempt to install other mods ontop of the ModPack as the ModPack is specially installed and set up to work by itself. There is support ONLY for those who have fully read this post and this Warning. In the event either Rumblestikk or I ask for a key, the word is Fantastic, this will provide that you have read this block and will have our attention.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
We will be working hard to keep this updated from now on. Please start using this instead of my Jar. If there are any issues let us know rather by posting here or PMing us.

gabizou - It's been a pleasure working with you on this, sorry I wasn't around earlier, I was painting my new room that I'm moving into tomorrow and the internet was down.

I hope you all enjoy the new ways to get your mods! See you all in-game!

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
We will be working hard to keep this updated from now on. Please start using this instead of my Jar. If there are any issues let us know rather by posting here or PMing us.

gabizou - It's been a pleasure working with you on this, sorry I wasn't around earlier, I was painting my new room that I'm moving into tomorrow and the internet was down.

I hope you all enjoy the new ways to get your mods! See you all in-game!
I'll still send you files to update your method of install (some super advanced users like it instead of these super automated installs).

Awesome, it didnt work, heres my error report :/
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Daisy, daisy...
Time: 3/14/13 2:42 PM
Description: Exception occured in ModLoader
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at ModLoader.addMod(ModLoader.java:371)
at ModLoader.readFromModFolder(ModLoader.java:1384)
at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:909)
at ModLoader.addAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:215)
at bbu.<init>(RenderManager.java:94)
at bbu.<clinit>(RenderManager.java:14)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:259)
at asq.a(SourceFile:56)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:515)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.herocraftonline.heromod.HerocraftLoader.update(HerocraftLoader.java:77)
at com.herocraftonline.heromod.HerocraftLoader.init(HerocraftLoader.java:29)
at mod_HerocraftLoader.<clinit>(mod_HerocraftLoader.java:8)
... 16 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.4.7
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.7.0_02, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 37267208 bytes (35 MB) / 552992768 bytes (527 MB) up to 1411186688 bytes (1345 MB)
Mod Pack: Unknown / None
LiteLoader Mods: 5 loaded mod(s)
- Macro / Keybind Mod version 0.9.8
- VoxelPacket version 2.0.2
- VoxelMenu version 1.4.7_05
- HD Skins and Capes version 1.1.3_vb
- Rei's Minimap version v3.2_06 [1.4.7]
JVM Flags: 0 total;
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: IWrUpdater, Config, VersionCheckThread, ...[com.herocraftonline.heromod.HerocraftLoader], [com.thevoxelbox.voxelmenu.LiteModVoxelMenu, GuiMainMenuVoxelBox], [com.thevoxelbox.voxelmenu.ingame.GuiIngameMenu]
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
ModLoader: Mods loaded: 1
ModLoader 1.4.7

I know you put a lot of time on this and really good work, sad that it doesnt work for me though.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Awesome, it didnt work, heres my error report :/

I know you put a lot of time on this and really good work, sad that it doesnt work for me though.

What OS and what java are you running?

What OS and what java are you running?

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i5 2430M @ 2.40GHz
6.00 GB RAM
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics Family
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520MX
I use java 64-bit

Tell me if there is some other spec you need to have. My laptop is not super good, but its ok.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i5 2430M @ 2.40GHz
6.00 GB RAM
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics Family
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520MX
I use java 64-bit

Tell me if there is some other spec you need to have. My laptop is not super good, but its ok.
what version of Java? go to cmd and type java -version

I uninstalled all versions and downloaded the latest.
How do i know its picking up the right one?

In the error report it says im using: Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.7.0_17, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Status
Not open for further replies.