• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

(out dated) Releasing the HeroModPack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
*** MAC TECHNIC LAUNCHER ISSUE SOLUTION/WORKAROUND***

The technic launcher is not really broken on mac, but it don't work with java 7.
All you need to do is to reboot the program with java 6, in terminal.

*First use the "cd" command to loacte the .jar file you downloaded (the launcher).
*then write "export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home"
*press enter.
*write java -jar "insertwhateveryoucalledthejarfilehere".jar (this will in most cases be java -jar technic-launcher.jar).
*press enter again, and the game should run.

PS. You need to already have java 6 installed, so it should be alright as long as you haven't uninstalled it.
(apple don't really support java 7).

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7

You realize that the Modpack Installer and Technic Launcher are two separate things right? The Modpack Installer installs into the Minecraft directory while the Techinc Launcher installs into it's own technic folder, so no need to uninstall techinc at all.

If you really wanted, you can just freshen up your minecraft directory to use the Installer. Both Technic and the Installer require Java 6 on Mac OS X (I've tested both thoroughly and both have worked, so I'm not at all sure what the issue is with your setup, if you can give it a try again and give me the entire crashlog that shows up on the minecraft screen, that'd be helpful as before the NPE crashlog just shows that it's an NPE, no mods involved).

RoflcerOfDaLawl

Glowstone
I'm on a mac (running Java 6) and since the new HeroMod update, the Technic Launcher keeps crashing when I try to play Minecraft. It was working fine with v1.2.8.2 before this recent update.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I'm on a mac (running Java 6) and since the new HeroMod update, the Technic Launcher keeps crashing when I try to play Minecraft. It was working fine before this recent update.
Odd. I'm running on a Mac with Java 6 and it works fine for me. Can you turn on the Console in Technic Laucnher by going to the gear on the top right and clicking Console, then launch the modpack and send me the entire log in a spoiler?

Leonidas2756

Legacy Supporter 3
You realize that the Modpack Installer and Technic Launcher are two separate things right? The Modpack Installer installs into the Minecraft directory while the Techinc Launcher installs into it's own technic folder, so no need to uninstall techinc at all.

If you really wanted, you can just freshen up your minecraft directory to use the Installer. Both Technic and the Installer require Java 6 on Mac OS X (I've tested both thoroughly and both have worked, so I'm not at all sure what the issue is with your setup, if you can give it a try again and give me the entire crashlog that shows up on the minecraft screen, that'd be helpful as before the NPE crashlog just shows that it's an NPE, no mods involved).

Yea, I understand that they are different things. The suggestion to delete technic was just to avoid further issues when technic issues are resolved and I'm ready to reinstall, just good housekeeping.

After a recent update through technic launcher (not sure what was being updated) Herocraft will no longer load and anything else is unstable. I have tried this on several machines, all give errors. I am also aware of a few other people who are having the same issue.

I dont believe its a Java issue (i dont say that too often) as the un-moded minecraft works fine, however because i used technic launcher, none of the mods were installed. After many many attemps, i could not get herocraft mod pack through technic launcher to load without errors.

My post was simply a temporary work around until technic launcher is able to load herocraft mod pack without crashing. I;ve gotten way to use to the mods in the herocraft mod pack to be able to just play without any of them in the raw minecraft jar. This is just what I did, so i can still keep playing until technic issues are fixed.

huntmoak

ICE ICE ICE!
Where can I get the Windows java 1.6 thingy? I think it's 1.6, idk I updated, reset modpack, but it still doesnt work

huntmoak

ICE ICE ICE!
Oh, When I updated though, it just started crashing, I redownloaded launcher and modpack, but keeps crashing, I reset pack. But it keeps giving me 1.2.9 or something, even when I select, Manually choose version, or something like that. Any help?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Oh, When I updated though, it just started crashing, I redownloaded launcher and modpack, but keeps crashing, I reset pack. But it keeps giving me 1.2.9 or something, even when I select, Manually choose version, or something like that. Any help?
There are some issues with Optifine at present time, I'm considering restructuring the mods being installed the jar as quite simply the dev said "There's some mod compatibility issues." But being that this error isn't happening for 100% of the client base, it could have to do with some hardware compatibility issues with Optifine.

I've been looking into it for the last week.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Sorry if I'm being blind but wheres the download for the Technic Launcher client

Nvm, found it.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Trying to download the Technic Launcher but it won't work, it says when I try to open the TechnicLauncher.jar "The Java JAR file "TechnicLauncher.jar" could not be launched." I use a Mac OS X 10.5.8

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Trying to download the Technic Launcher but it won't work, it says when I try to open the TechnicLauncher.jar "The Java JAR file "TechnicLauncher.jar" could not be launched." I use a Mac OS X 10.5.8
Are you using Java 6?

klunderi

Wood
Hi. im using a mac desktop and as soon as i updated to the recent pack it just keeps crashing on me, and now i lost all my waypoints and everything. i cant use the technic launcher anymore. i have to use the auto installer thing. im happy to, its just that i liked using the launcher :( if its alright, maybe add previous build to the technic launcher.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Hi. im using a mac desktop and as soon as i updated to the recent pack it just keeps crashing on me, and now i lost all my waypoints and everything. i cant use the technic launcher anymore. i have to use the auto installer thing. im happy to, its just that i liked using the launcher :( if its alright, maybe add previous build to the technic launcher.
I'd have to roll back the builds and loose some features. I'm trying to isolate the issue and possibly release a fix, but until then, there seems to be issues with Mac OS X that are either hardware or just Optifine being stupid.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Is it just me or am I crashing too often in the Technic Launcher?
The crashes will hopefully be fixed in the next update to 1.5.2 There will be no more updates of the HeroModPack for Minecraft 1.5.1.

I'm in the process of preparing HeroMod for 1.5.2

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
It was pretty annoying, when I crashed while in pvp w/ another person I die and lose my stuff. Then when I log back in to the server, I die again and lose exp and then technic launcher would just crash again. This cycle repeated for about 15 times until I opened up my regular minecraft and properly respawned from there xD

Status
Not open for further replies.