• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT New Map FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
When will the wiki be updated with the new map information ?

Do you mean the class data, Xargun? I'll start putting that in as soon as I get info that is pretty stable, and in practical terms that really does mean at the launch and not before, because they'll likely keep tweaking until the launch.

This time there are changes to how the wiki class pages will be laid out - ie stamina data needs to be added, class armor limitations removed. So it will take a little more time.

That said, I'll be aiming to update a path of combat classes per day... Lol, I probably don't need to mention again that it's a big job :p.

Any preferences for which order I do them in? ;)

I'll announce when certain pages have been updated - probably as a profile post and in the shout box.

What other pages or bits of information will need updating, do you reckon? Please help me with my list!

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9

What other pages or bits of information will need updating, do you reckon? Please help me with my list!

I would start with any Lost Soul data - since everyone will be one and we have to hit level 30 to get a combat class so those are probably not needed at map release. Any changes to professions would be nice as well as the armor endurance chart (what each piece of armor costs in endurance to wear) and information about attributes. Those will be needed right away at map release. Also, whatever economy changes that are happening for the new map and information about Herogates, Dragon Riding, Teleportation Pads, etc... whatever quick transport system(s) we will have. Those will be useful right away.

Perhaps even some directions to the DHX store in the new spawn, or any other location people will need to find without wondering all over spawn.

Apherdite

Queen Bee
That has got to be the worst change to Herocraft I have ever heard.

Sorry about that. I misheard Kainzo when we were discussing it and completely misread it lol. Voting will NOT be the primary source of income. The FAQ has been updated to reflect this.

Apherdite

Queen Bee
So basically you guys have just stolen the peoples money who bought a backpack stand alone... Like me....

But then in kainzo post he said everyone who bought one will be getting theirs back!

Can you please clarify this info!

Thank you,
has400

Sorry I left that out. Everyone who has paid for a backpack will also get them, I have updated the FAQ to reflect this information.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
Do you mean the class data, Xargun? I'll start putting that in as soon as I get info that is pretty stable, and in practical terms that really does mean at the launch and not before, because they'll likely keep tweaking until the launch.

This time there are changes to how the wiki class pages will be laid out - ie stamina data needs to be added, class armor limitations removed. So it will take a little more time.

That said, I'll be aiming to update a path of combat classes per day... Lol, I probably don't need to mention again that it's a big job :p.

I'll announce when certain pages have been updated - probably as a profile post and in the shout box.

WOW Poor Witch - you need an assistant to help gather all this info for release! Yeesh! new map = super-dup-busy with wiki updates!

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
Are you talking about Lore, or what?

Yes. Certainly not Data.

But seriously, yes, I just thought that some type of lore explanation for the expansion and ring of discontinuity would be nice.

If you have ideas for the economy, I'd put them in the suggestions thread, but if you're going to suggest a full economy plugin, you'll have to find one that works with all of our current plugins, because we don't really have time for that.

Suggestion thread here: http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/plugin-hyperconomy.44071/

As far as I can tell, it should compatible with the HC plugins that are regular Bukkit ones. I cannot say if it would be compatible with the custom HC ones, though, because to determine that I would have to personally review the code for the custom HC plugins. And I really don't have time for that. ;)

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
1. Will Dragon travel be in at the start of the map?
2. will lostsoul have attributes?
3. Will there be a Trade district at the start of the map?

richfish57

Legacy Supporter 6
1) Hopefully
2) Yes
3) Hopefully
If lost soul has attributes, what happens on specializing?
Since the number of points is level based, do you just go to spec base stats and then get more as you level? Or will any changes made as lost soul transfer / have the points returned to be respent?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
3. Will there be a Trade district at the start of the map?
Knowing current progress I'll be surprised if the TD isn't ready by friday

Since the number of points is level based, do you just go to spec base stats and then get more as you level? Or will any changes made as lost soul transfer / have the points returned to be respent?
When you spec you start with that specialization's base stats and gain more allocation points as you level. This then allows a player to have a different attribute setup per spec.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Lost Soul has its own set of attributes, on selection of a new class, they have their own (you'll start at 0 allocated)

Status
Not open for further replies.