• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Plugin] - HyperConomy

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
Before the map wipe, I'd just like to put a plug in (heh. plugin) for HyperConomy. I would love to see this be a key part of the Haven experience.

The link to the main page for the HyperConomy Bukkit page is here:

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/hyperconomy/

Lots of detail, but the basic idea is that it adds a true supply/demand global market to the game. Moreover, there can be multiple markets, such as a Global plus competing regional or town markets! I have experienced this plugin-in in action first hand, and feel that it adds a LOT of value to gameplay. Finally, although it has tons of cool features by default, the server admins can individually disable any unwanted aspects of the plugin.

As far as I can tell, it seems to be compatible with all major economy plugins (via Vault) or can act as its own stand-alone. It can use MySQL or SQLite for data storage. I don't know if this would make it easily compatible with the rest of the custom HC plugins, but I hope so.

HyperConomy has been around for over a year and is actively maintained. The developer even has video tutorials to aid in setup and familiarization.

So... please?

Thank you for your time and consideration of this request!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Before the map wipe, I'd just like to put a plug in (heh. plugin) for HyperConomy. I would love to see this be a key part of the Haven experience.

The link to the main page for the HyperConomy Bukkit page is here:

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/hyperconomy/

Lots of detail, but the basic idea is that it adds a true supply/demand global market to the game. Moreover, there can be multiple markets, such as a Global plus competing regional or town markets! I have experienced this plugin-in in action first hand, and feel that it adds a LOT of value to gameplay. Finally, although it has tons of cool features by default, the server admins can individually disable any unwanted aspects of the plugin.

As far as I can tell, it seems to be compatible with all major economy plugins (via Vault) or can act as its own stand-alone. It can use MySQL or SQLite for data storage. I don't know if this would make it easily compatible with the rest of the custom HC plugins, but I hope so.

HyperConomy has been around for over a year and is actively maintained. The developer even has video tutorials to aid in setup and familiarization.

So... please?

Thank you for your time and consideration of this request!
While, I love the idea... I just don't know if it is a good fit or lightweight enough for us to use. The good thing is, it's not necessary to have in on day 1. When time permits I'll take a look-see.

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
While, I love the idea... I just don't know if it is a good fit or lightweight enough for us to use. The good thing is, it's not necessary to have in on day 1. When time permits I'll take a look-see.

This is as much as I could reasonably ask for, so thank you! I really just wanted you to check it out.

The reports I have heard from people who use it is that it is pretty lightweight for what it does. Moreover, the more aspects that are deactivated, the lighter it gets -- although I suspect that this is true of all plug-ins.

I completely agree that this is not needed on day one -- goodness, you already have a full plate!

Thanks for putting it on your already packed "to do" list!