• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT New Map FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Above is quoted from Kainzo.

And again, if several people are playing and live in same household, that gives them a severe disadvantage because alot of the voting sites are once per 24 hours per IP.

Just gonna have to vote at work i guess. Herocraft > job security ahaha O_O

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
As the new map will apparently be in 1.6.4, will the ModPack get updated before the wipe or will we have to manually install the mods?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Will large biomes be on?
Hopefully, yes.
As the new map will apparently be in 1.6.4, will the ModPack get updated before the wipe or will we have to manually install the mods?
Unlikely - due to time constraints, afterwards, yes.
Just gonna have to vote at work i guess. Herocraft > job security ahaha O_O
Voting isnt the main income - playing Herocraft *IS* the main income for money. Killing mobs, mining ores, quests (When in)

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Hopefully, yes.

Unlikely - due to time constraints, afterwards, yes.

Voting isnt the main income - playing Herocraft *IS* the main income for money. Killing mobs, mining ores, quests (When in)

so the FAQ is wrong?

Can you edit the FAQ then, it can confuse people that didn't read your reply (yet).

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
Q: Will we get to see the new map before release?
A: No. The new map is still under construction and will not be available until the day of release.

Just an FYI Aph gab sometimes streams live while we build Haven :)
I think his channel is something like twitch/gabizou

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Q: Is there a map wipe?
A: Yes! The tentative date for the new map is October 1, 2013.

Q: Will we get to see the new map before release?
A: No. The new map is still under construction and will not be available until the day of release.

Q: Is the map reset date subject to change?
A: Yes. If new construction is not finished in time, an email will be sent out informing everyone of the change - but we're trying our hardest to get everything ready for you all.

Confuzzled. Don't these contradict eachother?

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Confuzzled. Don't these contradict eachother?

The new map will begin Oct 1st at 7pm CST.

Seeing the new map is about them posting a copy of the map online under the Map link under resources. People were hoping to be able to scout out a location they wanted to build on before release so they didn't waste time running around looking - myself included.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The new map will begin Oct 1st at 7pm CST.

Seeing the new map is about them posting a copy of the map online under the Map link under resources. People were hoping to be able to scout out a location they wanted to build on before release so they didn't waste time running around looking - myself included.
Changed it to Oct 4th.

dingytoothpaste

Glowing Redstone
Works our for me :D Gives me time to buy my new gaming comp so HC will run awesome >:D Plus it might give other mods to catch up and update.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Q: Will special titles/suffixes won trough community contests like the Video Contest where the top 3 gained an /Å\ suffix carry over to the new map?

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
FFS, I should have known better than to take the 1st and 2nd off work instead of the weekend.

GG, I fly out Friday and won't be home till Monday night.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Q: Will all of my hard work be lost with the map wipe?
A: No. We archive every map and have them as a museum, you can always go relive the good times.

Are we gonna have a real archive or will it be a dynamap thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.