• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT New Map FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apherdite

Queen Bee
Q: Is there a map wipe?
A: Yes! The tentative date for the new map is October 4, 2013.

Q: I thought that it was supposed to be October 1, 2013, what happened?
A: We at Herocraft Online Entertainment strive to create the most immersive and enjoyable experience; in order to achieve that goal, we require more time, so it will be a three day delay. We do apologize for the inconvenience, and hope to see you on the 4th!

Q: What is the name of the new map?
A: Haven.

Q: Will the new map be in version 1.6.2 or 1.6.4?
A: 1.6.4.

Q: What will happen with the Herocraft Olympics?
A: The Olympics will be in the new map.

Q: Will my titles be preserved on the new map?
A: The only titles that will carry over to Haven are supporter titles, purchased titles and contest-winner titles.

Q: Will voting be the only way to gain currency now?
A: No. Currency can be gained directly by voting, but indirectly by mining ore and killing monsters for fragments - which may be sold to The Exchange for coins. Voting is NOT intended to be the primary source of income.

Q: Will backpacks be available?
A: Yes. All Tier 8 Supporters and any future higher ranks of Supporter will have access to a large (36 slot) completely functional backpack. Those who purchased backpacks in the store will also have access to them.

Q: Will voter rewards transfer to the new map?
A: Item-rewards for voting will not transfer to the new map as of now, however the donor and store perks will transfer.

Q: Will we get to see the new map before release?
A: No. The new map is still under construction and will not be available until the day of release.

Q: Is the map reset date subject to change?
A: Yes. If new construction is not finished in time, an email will be sent out informing everyone of the change - but we're trying our hardest to get everything ready for you all.

Q: Will there be special donation perks for Herocraft's 3rd Birthday?
A: Yes. You can see the post regarding the birthday donor perks here - otherwise, all standard donor perks may be found on the wiki.

Q: Can I read the patch notes?
A: Yes, the patch notes are available for reading here.

Q: Will a new supporter rank be added anytime soon?
A: Yes, the Tier 9 supporter rank will be added with the release of the new map. You can see the perks for the new tier on the wiki.

Q: What about the release of 1.7 and new biomes?
A: In order to prepare for this, the initial release of the map will be smaller than normal to prepare for the 1.7 expansion of the map and inclusion of new biomes.

Q: Will there be an in-game explanation of the map expansion?
A: That is dependent upon the lore master @Alator and other Lore writers. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

Q: What will the new economy be like?
A: It will be very similar to the economy now, however, gold is no longer used for currency - instead, there will be drops from mining and killing monsters that may be sold. Depending on how the economy functions, drop rates may be adjusted to create a more stable and free-flowing economy.

Q: Will my town's TeamSpeak Channel be deleted?
A: Yes, we will be wiping Channels for towns and Kingdoms. However, if you already have your town planned out, you may PM me and I will make you a new channel. You may also use your supporter channel in the mean time.

Q: Will my Supporter TeamSpeak Channel be deleted?
A: All Supporter Channels have been deleted. If you require a new one, PM a staff (in TeamSpeak) for a new one.

Q: What will happen to Greyson?
A: Greyson will be wiped and removed from the Multiverse. It will be replaced by Greystone after the initial release of Haven.

Q: What about Warshard and Forgelight?
A: Both Warshard and Forgelight's concepts are being merged into a single large, chaotic world. More details will be released as they come.

Q: I was permanently banned, will I be unbanned with the reset?
A: No. You may still appeal your ban at the link provided in the next section.

Q: Will channel mutes be reset?
A: All channels will have their mutes reset, with the exception of tour chat. If you need to be unmuted, you may post an appeal here.

Q: I see there's a monthly subscription option, what's that about?
A: It is not a pay-to-play or pay-to-win change by any means, it is simply an ethical monthly transaction for subscriber-only titles and pets. You can subscribe here.

Q: Are you accepting applications for Staff positions for the upcoming map change?
A: We are always accepting applications. We do not accept just anyone and are very picky when it comes to staff. We only choose people who we believe are truly suited to be unbiased and help with the community.

Q: Will all of my hard work be lost with the map wipe?
A: No. We archive every map and have them as a museum, you can always go relive the good times.

Please note that all FAQ is subject to change at any time at the discretion of the Staff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apherdite

Queen Bee
Q: Will large biomes be on?
A: Hopefully, yes.

Q: Since the map will be in 1.6.4, will the modpack be updated before release?
A: Due to time constraints, the modpack will not be updated until after the release of Haven.

Last edited:

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
Q: What about the release of 1.7 and new biomes?
A: In order to prepare for this, the initial release of the map will be smaller than normal to prepare for the 1.7 expansion of the map and inclusion of new biomes.

It would be nice to have some sort of in-game explanation for the eventual map expansion. To account for the chunk discontinuity, etc.

Q: What will the new economy be like?
A: It will be very similar to the economy now, however, gold is no longer used for currency - instead, there will be drops from mining and killing monsters that may be sold. Depending on how the economy functions, drop rates may be adjusted to create a more stable and free-flowing economy.

An actual supply-demand market plugin like Hyperconomy (sp?) would be awesome. It allows the player community to act freely and a stable economy emerges from the aggregate behavior. Pro tip, though: Inflate values by at least 100x what you think is reasonable at the start. This allows common items like cobble to fall to their true value instead of a comparatively artificially inflated one.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
A: Yes. All Tier 8 Supporters and any future higher ranks of Supporter will have access to a large (36 slot) completely functional backpack.

What about those who payed for backpacks?

Orangedude345

Legacy Supporter 3
I saw that Kainzo mentioned that special titles would be preserved through the new map. I was wondering exactly which titles were considered special? (Spleef, Champion, etc)

Apherdite

Queen Bee
It would be nice to have some sort of in-game explanation for the eventual map expansion. To account for the chunk discontinuity, etc.

An actual supply-demand market plugin like Hyperconomy (sp?) would be awesome. It allows the player community to act freely and a stable economy emerges from the aggregate behavior. Pro tip, though: Inflate values by at least 100x what you think is reasonable at the start. This allows common items like cobble to fall to their true value instead of a comparatively artificially inflated one.

Are you talking about Lore, or what?

If you have ideas for the economy, I'd put them in the suggestions thread, but if you're going to suggest a full economy plugin, you'll have to find one that works with all of our current plugins, because we don't really have time for that.

Will the new map be in version 1.6.4 or stay 1.6.2?

1.6.4 as 0xNaomi said :)

What about those who payed for backpacks?

Yes, all store items will be carried over to the next map.

I saw that Kainzo mentioned that special titles would be preserved through the new map. I was wondering exactly which titles were considered special? (Spleef, Champion, etc)

Only purchased titles, veteran titles and donor titles carry over. Those titles are map-specific so they will go away, but there will be opportunities to re-obtain them.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I'd imagine something like:
The Elders had not expected Haven to become close to the Aether in any way. Despite no vertical relationship between the worlds, the will of the inhabiting Souls managed to create a weak link between them. To stop this before a link solidified and soul could happen to enter the Aether, the Elders "grounded" Haven to more surrounding land. While this solved the illusion of rising, in their rush the new land was made inconsistent to the old. The Elders decided to leave it as such, not being worth the effort to change and standing to further the souls' illusion.

But idk, I just wrote that off the top of my head in 5 mins. Who knows what the official story will be.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
A: No. Currency can be gained directly by voting, but indirectly by mining ore and killing monsters for fragments - which may be sold to the DHX for coins. Voting is, however, intended to be the primary source of income.
Voting is, however, intended to be the primary source of income.
That has got to be the worst change to Herocraft I have ever heard.

Zaihn

Legacy Supporter 5
A: No. Currency can be gained directly by voting, but indirectly by mining ore and killing monsters for fragments - which may be sold to the DHX for coins. Voting is, however, intended to be the primary source of income.

Wait... what?

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter

This is confusing, because I posted in regards to Kainzo post on the thread as well.

Voting is not intended to be the only or even main source of income.

Yes, I will bring out T9 with this release, it will be further reduced prices and greater backpack. I'm hoping the backpack plugin doesn't cause lag this time around, woo.

Above is quoted from Kainzo.

And again, if several people are playing and live in same household, that gives them a severe disadvantage because alot of the voting sites are once per 24 hours per IP.

has400

Legacy Supporter 6
A: Yes. All Tier 8 Supporters and any future higher ranks of Supporter will have access to a large (36 slot) completely functional backpack.
So basically you guys have just stolen the peoples money who bought a backpack stand alone... Like me....

But then in kainzo post he said everyone who bought one will be getting theirs back!

Can you please clarify this info!

Thank you,
has400

Status
Not open for further replies.