• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Necro Skill: SummonHorde

DaPGrey

Wood
Whilst bumbling about in my nation chat, we started talking about the necromancer, someone had mentioned that they thought it odd necros weren't able to summon zombies and skeletons.

The skill would... Summon a horde of 2 Zombies (+0.1 per level) next to the target.

If this cannot be done, it would... Summon 2 Zombie mob eggs (+0.1 per level) that could then be placed

The only problem I have with the second is that some necros may then sell those eggs, which would be cheating the system. If there were some way to prevent this, only then would it work.

The skill would... Be unlocked at level 45?. It would... Cost 45-65? mana and 8? Rotten Flesh, and Have a 6? second warm up time.
*These are all subject to change as needed.

On the contrary, the skill COULD POSSIBLY... Summon a single Skeleton (+0.1 per level) in order to give the Necromancer some much needed range. HOWEVER I think this could make some quite sticky situations if the Skeleton turns on the necro. Though, if paired with the BecomeDeath skill, it could work fine.

JacobBurkey

Portal
I could see #2 possibly working, if they

1) Made it so you couldn't drop the eggs, but that would cause people who got them legitly from events

2) Made it so the eggs dissapear after a set amount of time, or make it so you can only place them in combat *still problems with this one*

and a lot of different scenarios, but most will have problems from who already have eggs from events and owuld like to sell them

Acepox

Gold
I believe there is a way to modify minions into not attacking their master without making the necro immune to natural zombies/skeletons

DaPGrey

Wood
I am still very new to this server, I apologise that I hadn't seen the previous suggestions :3

But then that would seem unfair because then you can web them and drain them while the zombie attacks them. I would add in at least one part where there's a chance that the zombie could attack you and be hostile to you. That way it would make the class risky but fun at the same time.

Northac

Obsidian
I think (if it wa added) it should be one of the higher level skills, there isnt a max level necro skill as of yet, but i also agree that there is a lot of issues to this that would need to be resolved first.
How about a twist on the idea?

Skill name : ENSLAVE UNDEAD
Enslaves an undead for (base amount + level maybe?) Enslaved undead will follow you and attack mobs that attack you (like the tamed wolves in game)

Not sure if this has been suggested before, just thought id add my two cents. Dont know how easy this would be to code either, not my fortay soo.......

DaPGrey

Wood
That would be a pretty awesome idea, being able to 'tame' the undead. I was just about to go over the finer details of it, but I just realized that it sadly wouldn't work very well. Firstly, it definitely couldn't be a skeleton because too many people would complain about it being overpowered. Secondly, if it acted like a wolf then I would find it accidentally attacking many of my town members. Maybe it would only be enslaved for a few minutes... But at that point I'd just suggest using BecomeDeath, Disthanes (twice dead)

TheBrute2001

Legacy Supporter 5
That would be a pretty awesome idea, being able to 'tame' the undead. I was just about to go over the finer details of it, but I just realized that it sadly wouldn't work very well. Firstly, it definitely couldn't be a skeleton because too many people would complain about it being overpowered. Secondly, if it acted like a wolf then I would find it accidentally attacking many of my town members. Maybe it would only be enslaved for a few minutes... But at that point I'd just suggest using BecomeDeath, Disthanes (twice dead)
No effort needs to be put in to prevent them from attacking you. Just use Becomedeath and your golden. Maked the spawned zombies worth little xp to prevent grinding abuse.

Northac

Obsidian
Northac, there is a max level skill for Necros. It's called Blight.
Ah i see it now, been a while since ive been on ( no pc to play on atm) and the max level skills had not been on the wiki when i last played so i missed it.

DaPGrey, i had meant for it to be a timed spell, more time per level. but i do understand how the skeleton could be an issue,
maybe make it only work on zombies? (zombie pigmen at max level) and reuire a reagent, like bones or somthing (say like 10 or so, so it becomes harder to constantly use it)
just thought it would fit in with the entire "control of death" thing