• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Something New

Just about every Necromancer I can find on this server says they feel like BecomeDeath is a wasted skill, I know it used to be used when Necromancers could summon a skeleton so the skele wouldn't attack you, but that skill's gone now, and this one should have went with it. Seems like every other skill on every other class is useful to some degree, however BecomeDeath seems so out of place, if I ever don't want a skeleton or zombie to bother me, I just kill it for the extra exp, or Sprint/Jump past it and they can't really do anything about it.

I'm hoping a new utility skill can be thought of for a level 30 skill, maybe something along the lines of what Jeremy suggested, a skill called Zombify which works similarly to piggify, except maybe do some mana/stamina damage along with it for a shorter period of random walking, or maybe a skill like Parasite54 suggested, Undead Frenzy, which would make mobs in a radius be taunted by your target.

tl;dr BecomeDeath isn't worth using since we cant summon skeletons anymore, we'd like something else instead.

Orangedude345

Legacy Supporter 3
Becomedeath also gives water breathing so it is essentially a longer lasting "gills". This can be useful in some situations.

That is true, but still hardly useful, I think alot of my fellow necros would like something else.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
It's pretty much a PvP skill - if you're being chased and you do BecomeDeath, and run past zombies and skeletons to make them attack the other player chasing you - or you could go down into the water for way longer than any other.
Though I do see, what you mean.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think its very useful. It's a utility skill - you don't use it in all situations. I won't go through all instances - but I won't be removing this skill.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
It's pretty much a PvP skill - if you're being chased and you do BecomeDeath, and run past zombies and skeletons to make them attack the other player chasing you - or you could go down into the water for way longer than any other.
Though I do see, what you mean.
This is true. If you're leveling and you get assaulted by raiders, you can have the skeles/zombies fight the raiders - not you. It's extremely annoying being shot at by skeles while you're trying to PvP.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I think its very useful. It's a utility skill - you don't use it in all situations. I won't go through all instances - but I won't be removing this skill.
The skill is kind of derpy, but I actually like it (and so do a few of my town members). We joke about it all the time, saying stuff like

"look look look. Delf. Watch this!"

*delay*

"I'm DEATH."

We usually have a good laugh or two at it, but in the end, the skill does have its uses. Haunted9899 used it when leveling a lot, which saved him a few times from skeletons. I've also seen plenty of DK's survive a fight in the water due to the ability to stay there forever.

The only thing that I don't like about the skill is that it only grants immunity to Vanilla Minecraft Poison. It doesn't block poison damage caused by Heroes skills.