• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion A change in Necromancer

The Return of A summon Skill Mob for Necromancer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grandsoulking

Legacy Supporter 6
Necromancer is a Awesome class but.........​
The class necromancer is a caster class that deals damage over time. The skills for Necro are really thought out and can be used for support role and a damage dealer.​
I've been playing this class for a while and I've been committed to reach 60 but finding it really hard to, these are just a suggestion to balance the class skills because i feel at the moment a necro has a major disadvantge against other classes​
lvl-1 DrainSoul(Soul leech doesn't that sound a little better) -its says at lvl 24 u deal 127 and u are to receive 97 health but in truth i receive only 74 but i still deal the same amount. DrainSoul has been considered to people as op skill but the MP cost: 22( I feel as though the cost could be reduced to 20 as the Mana regen for the class only gives u 6 per 5 so when at 0 it takes 20 sec to use this skill once while by that time a wizard could have cast a fireball and still have higher amount of Mana, CD: 6 secs with this it can be considered as a more useful skill as it can come back quicker but the CD is not terribly too low for it to be considered a op skill​
level-5 Poison- nothing wrong except for Mana cost really 19Mp is a really odd number i think something divisible by 5 like 15MP the CD nothings wrong with​
lvl-10 Darkritual- so many things wrong about this skill. This skill takes 100 Hp to give u 15 but no skill needs 15 mana and Drainsoul can't give u back enough health to cover the cost or even balance it out. In my opinion this skill either needs to be changed to do something else or be taken out​
lvl- 20 Decay- A balance skill that does suffice amount of damage(Perfectly fine skill)​

lvl-30 BecomeDeath- a non-pvp skill that in situations can be useful(perfectly fine skill)​
lvl-35 Battery- a support skill- why do u lose 25, u give someone 20 of ur health while the skill also cost 5 mana​
lvl-40 Web- your stun skill(Perfectly fine skill)​
lvl-45 Despair- your blind dealing 50 + 0.1 every lvl a nice skill for combat with mana cost only 20
lvl-50 Hellgate- nothing wrong with this
lvl-55 Plague- a skill that use to be necro's only AOE but now is a Single shot, I do no that before Necro's plague was a reall strong skill but now i feel as though necro lacks a Aoe without it the damage output for the single shot plague is still good though
lvl-60 Harmshield- can't say anthing bad about this skill

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Necros are actually one of the STRONGEST classes right now. They might seem to do a small amount of damage but they can constantly reapply the DoTs very easily.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Necros are actually one of the STRONGEST classes right now. They might seem to do a small amount of damage but they can constantly reapply the DoTs very easily.
Actually, no.
You cannot reapply a DoT before it wears off, if you got one second of Decay left on you and a Necro uses Decay, it burns the spell(mana,cd), and nothing happens. Which also means that you cannot stack multiple DoTs of the same type.

Grandsoulking

Legacy Supporter 6
They also use up 3/4 of the mana just to apply those dots and after that they become squishy and kill able maybe if dark ritual was a more useful skill maybe they could be a good fight, also they get small amount of health back from drainsoul

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Actually, no.
You cannot reapply a DoT before it wears off, if you got one second of Decay left on you and a Necro uses Decay, it burns the spell(mana,cd), and nothing happens. Which also means that you cannot stack multiple DoTs of the same type.
I didnt say that you can you can stack DoTs. I am saying that the way that it applyies the skill (targeting not skill-shot) is too easy to use.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Here are some things about necro as I see it:

As far as drainsoul goes, you need to look at the health difference it creates, not the damage or healing it causes alone. In the end, a single drainsoul can create the same difference as a bolt on a lower cooldown with no cast time.

Necro is a god at 1v1s because they have incredibly good damage that is unable to be mitigated by armor, nothing really has a cast time for them and nothing needs to really be aimed.

^ This being said necro seems to fall a bit short in group fights because the only things they really offer are mediocre overall damage to groups, despair and web. Web has the potential to fuck up your team just as badly as the enemy's and despair is kinda iffy on its usefulness imo. Necro just does not have the mana pool to sustain their damage in a group fight. Unless you name bind to a specific target, the necro will overall probably do about the same as a single plaguebomb/pulse from a beguiler despite using tons of skills and their entire mana pool. Plague was their only reliable aoe damage and even that wasn't that impressive overall.

My suggestions:

-Nerf the fucking cooldown and range on certain spells (poison for both, drainsoul for range)

-Lower mana costs all around

-Rename the damn spec to warlock or some shit or add in some kind of summon that doesn't suck.

Dr_Ake

Wood
Actually the necromancer class is what brought me to herocraft, unfortunately because it had no actual necromantic abilities (Summoning undead) i was completely turned off and went healer instead. I would LOVE to be able to summon mobs, if not severally nurfed mobs such as zombie, skeleton, and wither skeleton.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
Necromancers do massive damage, and tend to run out of mana. Isnt that how a burst caster works?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
We've tried summons in the past for necromancer and they did not work well. It is not a simple task writing a new AI for a mob and if you just have it summon the mob normally then 9 times out of 10 the mob will attack the summoner before the intended target.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Yeah necro is a really powerful class. It kills wizards easily. I see this suggestion alot but I dont like it because it dosent seem like it would work well. The mobs are really laggy already. If this was put in game I think the zombie should be given a speed potion and necro should lose some other skills.

I myself have played necro alot and i find that i can kill any class if i can conserve my mana and kite well enough i have found darkritual to work just fine when im fighring someone and i have a little spare time and i cant even count how many times drainsoul has helped me