• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Most op Class?

Which Base class can lead to the most OP Spec?

• Total voters

dalton10

A frightening Cactus!
Today my friend decided to tell me that bloodmages are not op even at max level, and I begged to differ, He believes that Disciple is the new OP Class, so below, I would like you guys, to post what you think is the most OP Class in hero craft, and perhaps, tell me, and everyone else why :p

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I think most the classes are relatively balanced at this point. There are some that are a little more challenging to play than others but for the most part there is nothing horribly un-balanced.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Samurai is powerful as always, but i'd say everything is pretty balanced right now.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
A few weeks ago I would have said Necromancer was the most OP class but now it has lost plague it's lost the viability. At this time there are no OP classes, but the easiest to play/best class at the moment is easily samurai.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm unhappy with a few of our classes - but its more on the limitation of coding and the client.

I really want Beguilers to shape-shift into monsters/animals ... I want mystics to be able to become wolves, etc.

Maybe one day.

For the most part - our setup is pretty well versed and its an ever-changing system when we add in new skills/levels :)

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Dragoons in world PvP. They might not have the raw power of other classes, but they can easily escape and they can easily pursue.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
The fact that it is difficult to escape from a Beguiler does not invalidate my statement.
It may not invalidate your statement that dragoons have good mobility but it does help counter your argument that dragoons are over-powered.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
It may not invalidate your statement that dragoons have good mobility but it does help counter your argument that dragoons are over-powered.
The topic is about the "most" OP class. This is all about opinion anyway, and in my opinion Dragoons are slightly better than Beguilers for pursuit, and they are FAR better for escape. Thus - I said Dragoons are the most OP. Also note that I qualified my statement, saying "in world PvP".

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Cleric's and Paladins never die (in fair teams) when played well. Samurai is win mode in the lower tiers of pvp (spawn camping etc.), but the community consensus is that it is not an extreme outlier in the upper levels. Dragoons are only OP in K/D or streaks. Bloodmage is a strong, incredibly varied class that not many people know how to fight or play. Wizard OP raiding, and decent pvp. Necro's OP if you want a ranged kiting class that never has to land a skill shot (projectile). Scribe OP pvp profession that no one goes because Miner is better for $ and also has a fun pvp bonus.

I find your thread's frankness is the only thing that prevents me from being disgusted by your apathy towards class choice, unless ofc this was not a thread to help you choose your base path so that you can play an "OP" class, but rather just an interesting audit of the balance that HC tries pretty damn hard to maintain. edit: oh, the 2nd thing.

In my opinion, play the class that sounds fun, and trust in the balance of pvp. HC obviously does not want people playing a game in which only 1-2 classes are the best way to go, so that's not the way the game works.
<3

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
I can beat just about every class as a samurai (apparently i suck at it) and i just mastered it, its op Dsaw, you don't even really pvp please don't make false assumptions.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I can beat just about every class as a samurai (apparently i suck at it) and i just mastered it, its op Dsaw, you don't even really pvp please don't make false assumptions.
Common assumptions aside, you are one of the few Samurai who has yet to lose to me once (Ranger LOL) in a coliseum duel (not world-pvp, I planned on joining that aspect of the game with my move to the guild Legacy, who all promptly went AFK from HC post-Von's ban, so I am in limbo a bit and prior to that my focus was building while running arena's). And you and I haven't dueled much.

See you in-game.

Unless all the samurai's (Ranger's counter class in so many ways) are just letting me win every 3rd or 4th game/keeping it close so I do not know how good their class is.

victim130 Vongard Orangedude345 Jacobpanther firebus has400 w0nd3rb0y sirsan3 danielcan1
list off the top of my head, I almost wish I wrote it down so I could have more. disclaimers -Victim, W0nder, Vongard (upper tier of my counter class) I rarely choose to duel, I have beat them once each and dueled each under 5 times. Sirsan3 is newly mastered, but most of my experience with him has been in his slow rise from 55->60. And I'm not sure if Orange is a sammy or a dragoon but I'm pretty sure he is a sammy. If any other sammy's want to remind me of when Ranger won, I know there are others.

Ps: I need to learn to control my excitement in world pvp, I psyche myself out, but in the current mechanics, theoretically it should be much easier to use my Ice Arrow to win in any non-flat area, than it would be to win a duel in a medium sized box.