• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mobs overpowered

Aerokk

Dirt
Skeletons and spiders seem to be the problem for me. Skeletons either barely miss, or miss every single time, depending on server lag. With as much damage as they do per arrow, the former seems to be a problem to me. Without a mechanic such as regenerating health, having a mob do damage like that just become frusterating, and I'd rather just avoid it all together if possible, whereas killing them should be encouraged.

Spiders are just impossible to get away from sometimes because of their ability to climb and jump at you. They can literally follow you everywhere until you either go indoors, or just plain outrun them, which sometimes isn't possible.

Having mobs do less damage but while also rewarding less exp would fix alot of problems. Crafters wouldn't have to worry so much about running into a single mob, and it would encourage other classes to actually try to kill them whenever they see one wandering. I understand mobs doing as much damage as they do now, should create a sense of danger when approaching one, but that sense could still be achieved as mobs aren't always wandering alone, and would pose a much larger threat than if it was just one by itself. If your skilled you could even kill a group of two or three. Walking into a group of mobs now is about the same as suicide.

ForTehZZZ

Coal
Yeah your totally right man! One day I was in my cavern and opened the doors and like 5 chickens charged in and bloody killed me! I lost so much exp on that attack I was so annoyed! :mad:

Ha ha, but with all seriousness..

I am fine with how powerful MOBS are. To be honest, the only problem is skeletons. They just go around and hit you from far away. Their arrows always hit. Always! :eek:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Bring a group of players if you fear death. Party systems share exp.

Skeleton may be tweaked - their damage is hard to change and may be dealing too much

Aerokk

Dirt
Normally bringing a group would be my solution, but finding a few players to come to where you are out in the wilderness to kill a few skeletons or creepers is pretty hard.

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm not sure what you are all talking about, I like the fact that mobs are so hard to kill. I am a mastered wizard and they give me plenty of headaches, but it's so much more satisfying when I fell a zombie with 2 fireballs and a bolt.

As opposed to SSP when all you do is don iron armor, then proceed to run amok spamming left click with your diamond sword completely owning everything.

All in all:

Zombies hit - HARD
Skeletons - Snipers that you MUST kite or DIE
Creepers - Premature explosions HURT
Spiders - Beasts of RAPE

You know what, I like it that way, although I wouldn't mind randomized loot drops.

Thunder, what a lot of the poeple are saying is they like the difficulty, but not when the exp is so low compared to it. When if you only killed zombies it would take u almost 7,000 killed to get to make lvl. I think the difficulty although very hard, is fine if and only if the exp was worth the risk of dieing.

The grind used to be much easier. I leveled up rogue then healer then cleric and now I am lvling up a caster after some time has pasted and i can honestly say it has taken me more time to lvl up caster then it has the others (maybe even with those combined) And I still amd planning on mastering GEO ><

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
everyone in this thread said:
this server is too hard the grind is boring/difficult/time-consuming
I have a solution: play this game instead. Problem solved!

Having said that, don't be discouraged about suggesting balancing ideas; we're still in beta and that's what these forums are for! Keep in mind, however, that Herocraft is intentionally difficult, and may not be suitable for the majority of casual players. The grind used to be easier, yes, and then we fixed it. Nobody should be surprised at how much effort it takes to spec.

What's this about mobs breaking blocks, though? Sounds like it would undermine the protection afforded by towns.
I don't remember if you were around for the last map, but if you were you might remember how we had a region plugin that had a flag that protected regions from creeper explosions. It should go without saying that we won't turn on mob block destruction (I guess the Endermen will be destroying blocks soon too) without getting that kind of region protection working again, but I guess it doesn't, so I'll say it: we won't turn on mob block destruction without getting that kind of region protection working again.

Demonxman

Obsidian
yea.... mobs should deal MORE damage!!!! I think whatever they deal now times 2 will suffice!

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
My only problem is that Skeletons do more than creepers. The mobs aren't all horribly hard to kill, but Skeletons just rape. And Spiders have always been annoying so nothing is new there :/

Zerokx

Wood
You could make the XP from mobs half, but then again gain 300% bonus XP, which needs to charge up for 20 seconds after killing a monster.
Also Skeletons really do too much damage. The Damage itself is not too hardcore, but they are RANGED and hit you from like 10 blocks away. You turn around they hit you again.

RedKhan

Soulsand
Yeah, I think something needs re-worked.

Mob strength, rewards for killing mobs or current exp numbers required to level.