• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mobs overpowered

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
Hostile mobs should pose much less danger to all people throughout herocraft. It doesn't make the game more fun, it doens't make it more interesting, it's just tedious and time consuming. It doesn't take any additional skill to beat mobs with increased damage because there is no skill used to kill them to begin with. Before, you would kill a few mobs, then eat some food. Now, you kill 1 mob, and eat a ton of food. This doesn't make the game any more challenging, it just adds more steps to the slaying process.

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
Solution, become a healer. We don't have to do jack shit, We get those warrior freaks to do that for us O_O.
But I must say, SLOW DOWN THERE MR. SPIDER.

Yeah, it takes so long to kill the mobs and by the time you get xp you lose it again from them killing you in 2 hits -.-

FuzLogix

Legacy Supporter 7
I too believe they are over powered - I don't get anything for killing them as I've mastered and try my best to avoid them. But at times its not possible, even with my diamond chest and the rest in iron with full health I literally last seconds when confronted with any hostile mob.

Its certainly no fun dieing constantly by a single mob and is making the game tedious to play. I understand mobs were made more difficult due to the exp gained, however crafters are being penalized by this.

I would suggest that crafters should gain no exp for killing mobs in exchange for a bit more protection from them, however I don't know if that's possible.

Being a crafter I'm mainly building - but lately I'm spending more time walking back from my spawn and looking for my building materials I'm constantly losing.

Yeah its making the game annoying and tedious, taking most of my time away from things I like to be doing in-game.

Yeah its hardcore but lets also keep it enjoyable, its a hard balance but hopefully with some input we can make it more enjoyable for everyone involved.

@Kainzo anything you can do to help us crafters out?

Demonxman

Obsidian
I'm a ranger. now I know we are not a close ranged spec but them spiders are fucking fast and with no lag at all or if there is lag they run three times as fast as you and unless you have lava or a couple hundred arrows to spam you'll die. every mob, I think, can kill me in less than 6 seconds.... woot hardcore!!!!

Trok

ICE ICE ICE!
Mobs use to be easy and also reward more xp, now they are thinking about making them able to break blocks. They don't want people illegally mob farming, yet you want people to go PvP based specs because it's a PvP server. Its completely not fair.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Mobs use to be easy and also reward more xp, now they are thinking about making them able to break blocks. They don't want people illegally mob farming, yet you want people to go PvP based specs because it's a PvP server. Its completely not fair.
lol
  1. not a pvp server, its hardcore server
  2. we're balancing things still
  3. we wont ever allow exploiting
  4. I laughed in real life by this reply
  5. we're working on crafters survival.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It's a simple fix, we will either make mobs less EXP near spawners or they'll be able to destroy surroundings.

Haven't had time to push to either method yet.

reduction of mob power will not be happening.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Judging from the noise made about this alone, changes will need to happen in some capacity (the obvious has been stated).

I almost think that the regulations for killing monsters are too strict- why is manipulating the environment to ensure favorable conditions while fighting mobs considered an exploit in Minecraft of all things? Outlaw spawners that do that, I guess, but not the general practice. When you're out after dark or in some cavern where they wander all about and spawn in threes it's less of an issue.

Outright reduction of their toughness is one thing, but keeping scale with the power of players is another. When the classes considered most powerful can't efficiently kill a single monster without losing a sizeable chunk of their health, there may be an issue. Or maybe Kain's vision for the game hasn't come together for others to see.

Enough of an increase in the reward for killing (non-spawner-spawned) monsters may just about silence this whole issue. I don't know for sure, but it sounds good from here.

What's this about mobs breaking blocks, though? Sounds like it would undermine the protection afforded by towns.

I agree with Daz, a simple fix would make the exp from killing mobs a lot more. This would make the risk worth it. Because i would never go melee class for the simple fact that they can't kill monsters at a distance (go figure). I have been a rnager and now going caster and went cleric when the lvling wasn't so bad. But if u go out there and u have to get 100,000 exp from mobs that give at max 45 (at least the ones you will see on a regular basis) its going to take a while. With the amount of time you have to get food, the -10% every time you die and finding mobs that you can kill that wont kill you. Or another thing would be to cut the total exp u have to get. Either way there needs to be a change. I feel like to many people disagree with the way exp and lvling is.