• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Misunderstandings Regarding What is Illegal and Legal as a "Leveling Box"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
This thread is hilarious. I know most of the players that are crying about this, and I find it very hard to believe that any of you thought that this was legal. Looks to me more like everyone is banding together to backlash in hopes of getting their levels back.

jst syn

Wasn't there a thread about this very issue last map Delf? I thought there was and it was decided it is illegal...unless I am just going crazy.

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
Wasn't there a thread about this very issue last map Delf? I thought there was and it was decided it is illegal...unless I am just going crazy.
I must have missed that, but if that's the case, I think this should be pretty cut and dry.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
They may or may not have had questions / concerns about the methods they were using, but that is not to say the rules couldnt use clarification and another review out in the open every now and then.

Not to detract from this thread topic too much, but it is currently my understanding that it is legal to region and use blaze spawners as it is the only source of blaze rods once the nether is mostly clear. However, IMO, this is not really any different from using a monster spawner anywhere else for the purpose of leveling because blazes are relatively easy to kill / give good exp now, and you get blaze rods too. If these are legal, what real purpose does it serve making monster spawners elsewhere illegal, unless the player is clearly bot / afk leveling?

Avoir

Obsidian
Wait weren't you and your town the ones that abused the crap out of pig zombies when they gave crazy exp...So why are you in this thread again if you have nothing good to say?
This thread is hilarious. I know most of the players that are crying about this, and I find it very hard to believe that any of you thought that this was legal. Looks to me more like everyone is banding together to backlash in hopes of getting their levels back.

jst syn

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6

jst syn

Would appreciate as a staff member that you respect the community in your posts. Some of us were de leveled from just breaking a block or making a safe haven from ghasts/players. I know your apart of Umbra and I can't help buy look at Eldry's post:

" Well when Haven went live, Umbra rushed to get the first leveled Necro and went off to the nether, once there, they activated a 200% xp boost(or someone did) and they proceeded to master 2-3 classes a day, while getting 1,100 XP per Pigman. Now I will say I am jealous at the ease that they mastered all their classes, and at the speed that they used a flawed system, but they did not cheat. They knew that the XP was way to high and they took advantage of it legitimately. Once they had used the hell out of it and the problem was seen, if was fixed and the XP was cut by 1/3 for everyone else, but Umbra was not deleved."

As you are part of the balance team, don't you test out this stuff and yet it was launched into live? So your town abuses the system and then report it later it after they Master a few classes? Shouldn't your entire town be deleveled? Difference between your towns abuse and the communities actions here, is some of us in the community who got reset didn't purposely abuse stuff.

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Would appreciate as a staff member that you respect the community in your posts. Some of us were de leveled from just breaking a block or making a safe haven from ghasts/players. I know your apart of Umbra and I can't help buy look at Eldry's post:

" Well when Haven went live, Umbra rushed to get the first leveled Necro and went off to the nether, once there, they activated a 200% xp boost(or someone did) and they proceeded to master 2-3 classes a day, while getting 1,100 XP per Pigman. Now I will say I am jealous at the ease that they mastered all their classes, and at the speed that they used a flawed system, but they did not cheat. They knew that the XP was way to high and they took advantage of it legitimately. Once they had used the hell out of it and the problem was seen, if was fixed and the XP was cut by 1/3 for everyone else, but Umbra was not deleved."

As you are part of the balance team, don't you test out this stuff and yet it was launched into live. So you abuse the system and then report it later it after you Master a few classes? Shouldn't your entire town be deleveled? Difference between your towns abuse and the communities actions here is some of us in the community who got reset didn't purposely abuse stuff.
Keep the thread on topic and refrain from personal call outs and faction bashing.

I was the one that changed the exp rate and it was an oversight.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Exploitation =/= abuse

While it's not "fair" that they did it, it's completely legal.

draconis99

Holy
Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Plenty of players have been more severely punished for almost nothing at all. Be glad you only got the punishment that fit the crime and not something worse. People have been banned, reset, had their personal regions torn down, and had their money wiped in the past for creating and abusing such mechanics in previous maps.

Zaihn

Legacy Supporter 5
Keep in mind. This activity is illegal, whether or not you agree with it doesn't matter.

Ignorance is not an excuse for breaking rules. If you are unsure of the legality of something, ask or do not do it.

If you are doing ANYHING in the grey area of the rules there is a chance you can be banned/reset.

edit: waiting for personal attacks.

Also, I fully disagree with how the nether is currently being treated but that is my personal opinion. (which doesn't really matter)

Can we clean up this thread and remove posts that are straight call outs/personal attacks? These are not helping the situation.

Although, I do enjoy the umbra hate. <3

Last edited:

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Exploitation =/= abuse

While it's not "fair" that they did it, it's completely legal.

unfair =/= abuse

Apparently there is a somewhat ironic definition of the words "exploit" and "abuse" here in the HC community. I say we weren't abusing, because this is how the Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines "abuse":
a : to put to a wrong or improper use <abuse a privilege>
b : to use excessively <abuse alcohol>; also : to use without medical justification <abusing painkillers>

I say we were not improperly or excessively using pig zombies in the nether when they had bonkers exp. Obviously this action was not improper, as these experience levels were set by the HC staff, and we were using them in the same fashion that anyone else uses any other mob. "Excessive" implies more than necessary, and we stayed within the necessary usage - which is the same usage that anyone gets from any mob in HC: to master their combat specs. As our usage was neither improper or excessive, we did not "abuse" the pig zombies that gave crazy high exp.

Further, and ironically, the term "exploit" carries negative connotations. When we hear "exploit" we think about hackers, dupers, cheaters. Let's look at the definition of "exploit":
1: to make productive use of : utilize <exploiting your talents> <exploit your opponent's weakness>
2: to make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage<exploiting migrant farm workers>

We certainly made productive use of said pig zombies. However, when it comes to the "fairness" of our actions, keep in mind: anyone else could have mastered necro and gone to the nether to level on the crazy good pig zombies, they just didn't! We couldn't stop anyone from doing so, and thus gain an unfair advantage, it's just that no one else had gone to the nether yet! This is not any fault or improper action of ours. The situation does seem unfair as no one else can follow in or footsteps as things are currently, but we did not nerf pig zombies. If things are unfair currently, it is not our fault.

In conclusion our actions should not be considered exploits (in the Herocraft sense of the term), abuses, or unfair in anyway. If the situation is currently unfair, it is not due to our actions.

Last edited:

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
@Kainzo May I request a lock on this thread? I feel as if we have voiced our opinions and now its about time for the hate and bashing to roll through. Many rumors and many truths are being flung around your server in a wild drama storm that encompasses both your staff and your community. This is not the place to have it explode.

Just my 2cents though, you are free to do what you wish.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're conversing on this issue and will update this thread once a verdict has been reached.
Thanks for being patient and please keep things civil in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.