• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Misunderstandings Regarding What is Illegal and Legal as a "Leveling Box"

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Put it simply,

IF YOU BUILD A STRUCTURE, NO MATTER HOW SMALL, THAT ALLOWS YOU TO HIT MOBS BUT STILL PREVENTS MOBS FROM ATTACKING YOU, THAT STRUCTURE IS ILLEGAL AND ALL OF YOUR LEVELS MAY BE RESET.

If you have any questions about a build, go ahead and post here :)

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
what if you are being chased by spiders and put down like one piece of dirt that kind of slows them but they can climb over and still attack you but it basically lets you keep them at bay easier lol.

I guess this is a dumb question and i would hope using the environment to your advantage is considered OK as long as mobs have some way to get to you, just wanting to make sure.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
@gabizou beast tried to make it seem like he did nothing wrong and it was just because he was leveling in the nether that he got reset so he was confusing everyone

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
what if you are being chased by spiders and put down like one piece of dirt that kind of slows them but they can climb over and still attack you but it basically lets you keep them at bay easier lol.
They can still get to you can't they...

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
As far as I knew about this rule it was based on grinders and spawning pads. I've always known about the mobs being able to hit you rule, however I didn't realise it applied in this case. The way I have always seen it, is that if you make a grinder of some sort and the mobs are being filtered into a hole of some sort so that you are easily able to grind exp then that is illegal. I did not know this applied to making a quick box in the nether. I would like to point out that I only ever used this as minor protection against pigmen, they could still hit me and I often died even whilst in a box.

I'd also like to question the resetting of all my levels. Okay, so I broke a rule which I wasn't 100% understanding of. I am not a constant rulebreaker, I don't think I've ever broken a rule before in fact and the reason I say this is to show that the reason I have broken this rule is because of a lack of understanding, which is mostly my fault but at the same time I'd like to see more warnings from the staff. For example after doing this once I could have been reminded that it is illegal and not to do it again. Instead you've decided to use me and others to "set an example" for everyone else. You've taken away something I've been working at for days and days, and infact in most cases I was not using this 'illegal' method to level. It's not like I have been sitting there grinding pigmen to master my class, I did it a few times and you've ruined my whole experience this map so far. I'd like this action to be reconsidered or at least a more in depth explanation on the whole thing.

Also, how have you decided who's levels are reset? I have seen a few people whom I have spent time with in the nether who's levels have not reset. I'm not gonna call them out on it but um...?

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Put it simply,

IF YOU BUILD A STRUCTURE, NO MATTER HOW SMALL, THAT ALLOWS YOU TO HIT MOBS BUT STILL PREVENTS MOBS FROM ATTACKING YOU, THAT STRUCTURE IS ILLEGAL AND ALL OF YOUR LEVELS MAY BE RESET.

If you have any questions about a build, go ahead and post here :)
This rule is brand new, I honestly think it is in the SERVERS best interest to not be so harsh on players who were misguided. The original rule was that fighting mob spawners without them attacking back was illegal. Since mob spawners were made fully illegal, that rule made no sense. While you can assume people would think this would translate, I know of more than double the amount of players you currently have reset that have done this. Including some of your buds.

I only ask you play it nice and be understanding, I've not had a very good time myself reading the appeals of my enemies being reset, clearly, these people were under the impression it was fine.

Note: This would also translate to enderman roofs which 90% of the player base use. @gabizou

EDIT: By "SERVERS" I mean that it looks bad on you guys. In case that looked like a threat of any sort.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
I have heard from many people that 1x4 pillars are illegal, but what about 1x3 pillars? When testing them in my survival world, I found that Pigmen can still hit you if they jump up, which is what they do most of the time. Pillars of this height do not completely hinder a Pigman's ability to do damage to you, but still give you a bit more protection. All I am wanting to know is if pillars that are shorter than 1x4s are legal, thanks. :)

comfyfutons

Glowing Redstone
For me the GO-TO answer to my questions if I thought something was illegal was the
http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Category:Rules

quoted from the link above the only rules that pertain to mobs are:

"
Intentionally abusing glitches or game mechanics.
  • Mob spawner grinding.
    • Spawner rooms in any form are now illegal.
  • Creating 'Dark Rooms'
"

for me this raises 2 questions:
- Is there some other rule list or more detailed rule list?
- Is the rules page on the wiki not updated or is this rule listed on some other page?

I cant see how players would interpret the "no mob killing bunkers" rule from rules listed

From the first time I played on this server I've seen structures such as the 2 block enderman roof everywhere.

In my opinion most new people would not think this was illegal just from reading the rules.

Beastmannn

Soulsand
I never tried to confuse anyone @Templar_James, i wasn't exactly given any info in the first place so it could've been for anything and that was just a wild guess according to holdmypies post on paps thread.

And agreed with vic and comfy.

Last edited:

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
As I said in teamspeak to gabi/angy - I had no idea that this was illegal. I assumed all mob-grinding rules previously were for mob spawners - which were made completely illegal. Once mob spawners were deemed illegal, the rules regarding them were also discarded - because they were made fully illegal. I was under the impression that mob grinding in the nether using the box was alright - since it has been done so many times before, especially on the map prior to this one.

I got reset and of course I'm not too happy about it. I spent time leveling and currently I don't have the time nor feel I have the motivation to level up again. The reset was completely unexpected and the rules unclear. Moreso - the rules (on the wiki) are incredibly unreliable, since the wiki is always going through expansion and modification, and there is no other source for the rules to my knowledge - a problem I really don't want to worry about. There is no source of reliable rules.
So yeah - I had no clue it was illegal and it said nowhere I wasn't able to (to my knowledge). I believe it's a bit unfair that only a fraction of people who 'abused' this are getting reset while the others *cough umbra* are laughing getting off scotch free.

Personally, I'm feeling inclined to remove myself from these conflicting rules and unjust system of punishment. I play to have fun, not to worry about breaking rules that are never mentioned beforehand, and not to be punished while others go unpunished for worse. Hence....'I'm done.'

PEACE

Lushen

Legacy Supporter 4
I have a feeling a lot of ppl that were banned/reset are not gonna come back. Kinda hurts the server as a whole don't you think?

Well at lease the reputation of the server.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Pillars in the nether. They confuse me. When they are low enough so the mobs can hit me if I get too close, but I can build up to heal up, then break them back to the desired height (2 or 3 blocks)

Lushen

Legacy Supporter 4
That would be considered "illegal" in the broad sense. They should just not allow us to build anything if they want this to be a MMO like they want it to be

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
That would be considered "illegal" in the broad sense. They should just not allow us to build anything if they want this to be a MMO like they want it to be
Kainzo's vision is to have a sandbox MMO. This is an awesome idea, but his staff move on their own and nothing is ever conveyed correctly. Then boom confusion in staff, police state staff decisions and then a ton of people are ninja banned because they are on the list of who gets told the changes last. I've pretty much lost respect for a lot of people due to current rumors, behaviors and other such stuff. To put it simply, I miss Kainzocraft.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Kainzo's vision is to have a sandbox MMO. This is an awesome idea, but his staff move on their own and nothing is ever conveyed correctly. Then boom confusion in staff, police state staff decisions and then a ton of people are ninja banned because they are on the list of who gets told the changes last. I've pretty much lost respect for a lot of people due to current rumors, behaviors and other such stuff. To put it simply, I miss Kainzocraft.
Being mad at individuals is one thing but I don't think saying that all staff members are bad and then comparing them to corrupted thugs in a "police state" is justified in the slightest. Ex) Coders, Architects, Mods..etc AKA (no offence to other positions) the people who work pretty hard to make the server what it is and who probably wouldn't appreciate that comment, but that's just me.

Not saying anything else just wanted to reply to this.

Lushen

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm new to this server and i liked it. Today when i logged on everyone on TS are really pissed and are talking about quitting. Hopefully everything gets worked out because if they don't they will be losing a lot of ppl.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Being mad at individuals is one thing but I don't think saying that all staff members are bad and then comparing them to corrupted thugs in a "police state" is justified in the slightest. Ex) Coders, Architects, Mods..etc AKA (no offence to other positions) the people who work pretty hard to make the server what it is and who probably wouldn't appreciate that comment, but that's just me.

Not saying anything else just wanted to reply to this.
I will admit I was a bit harsh and some of the things I said were of anger. My apologies for anyone it hurt.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
ohhh sounds fun. It is kinda dumb that its so easy to level a class with a bow, look forward to new interesting mechanics.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Falls under "If the mob can't damage you but you can damage it..."

This will be a none-issue once mobs can summon / range damage players. This will take some time to implement though.

Check out the wiki, this rule apparently doesn't exist anymore and needs to be re-added which is probably the main source of confusion. New players to the server wouldn't even had known this rule existed in the past looking at the rules list from a newbie's point of view. Also the old rule pertained to mobs from spawners and not overworld mobs tho if people were smart they probably should have seen the correlation.

Due to this rule technically not existing I'm not really for these players being de-leveled since most of them probably didn't know any better. If the rule is re-instated on the wiki all future incidents such as these should be handled as they have been being handled now.

It's unfortunate to see something like this happen to so many especially knowing that a lot of them will probably not be coming back to the server after losing so much work not knowing they were doing something wrong. I really hope that they all find a way to manage and come back from this tho :/

Status
Not open for further replies.