• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Misunderstandings Regarding What is Illegal and Legal as a "Leveling Box"

Status
Not open for further replies.

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm sorry but this is beginning to sound like a huge mess which is creating a very negative effect on a portion of Herocrafts player base. Losing not only new players but old ones too doesn't really seem worth it for a rule which clearly isn't that well explained. It just seems totally unfair to be punished for breaking a rule that I didn't realise I was breaking, if it was all these players being caught in the act of breaking a rule and cheating the game then this would make complete sense but it seems more like it's a bunch of confused players who have been put back to square one and have now probably lost a lot of respect for the server.

Beastmannn

Soulsand
I'm sorry but this is beginning to sound like a huge mess which is creating a very negative effect on a portion of Herocrafts player base. Losing not only new players but old ones too doesn't really seem worth it for a rule which clearly isn't that well explained. It just seems totally unfair to be punished for breaking a rule that I didn't realise I was breaking, if it was all these players being caught in the act of breaking a rule and cheating the game then this would make complete sense but it seems more like it's a bunch of confused players who have been put back to square one and have now probably lost a lot of respect for the server.
Agreed completely. Might as well remove the nether. Was just beginning to come back to HC completely then boom, all levels gone.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I do not blame anybody, new player or not, for quitting if they got de-leveled for this. It really wouldn't surprise me at this point if the little enderman umbrellas start getting people wiped next.

Beastmannn

Soulsand
Maybe they'll see what's being done once half the playerbase is gone.

Another thing, people have been doing this since the very start of the map, and it's only getting attention now?

Last edited:

spiralz

Obsidian
As a player who has never even been to the Nether on this server and who has leveled under 'the guidelines', I don't quite think this is fair. I also wouldn't want to use this happening as some sort of advantage. I believe that, because the rules weren't clear, the players that have been de-leveled should get at least 3/4 of their levels back and a warning (which I think the message is clear now). Judging by some of the posts here, it seems that they genuinely were not aware of any rule breaking.

Alphesie

Legacy Supporter 6
I feel like the rule is fine but on the other hand I think it takes too much time to master. Out of all my friends that have played there is only one left that plays with me. The reason the others quit was because it was too hard to level and it took too much time for a minecraft server.

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
This is pretty ironic, honestly. I don't really feel any pity for people who are complaining the mobs are too strong or it takes too long to level, especially when ganking pvpers kill noobs and their justification is that the server is hardcore. And honestly, making boxes or whatever to grind mobs for exp while being (even just mostly) safe isn't really in the hardcore nature of the game. I think the rule is fine. The server is hardcore.

THAT SAID (before you all start hating, lol)

I don't necessarily agree that this kind of punishment was dealt out so ruthlessly. As far as I am aware, the rules only ever mentioned mob spawners as far as this is concerned (i.e. boxes, safe killzones, etc) and never said anything about the open world pve. The rules were specific in one sense, and NOT specific about the other. It's very much like a new rule was just created and people who've been breaking it are being punished retroactively. And seemingly selectively. Not that I would know, but I can imagine. I would also imagine it'd be difficult to tell EVERY person who'd taken part, outside of determining who actually built the boxes and whatnot. Regardless, it doesn't seem like there were any warnings, and the rules themselves were not clear in the least relative to the matter.

That's my two cents anyway.

Beastmannn

Soulsand
Another thing, I know so many other people who i've repeatedly killed in the nether while they were leveling in the boxes and the excuse for them not being reset is that I have no evidence against them? Idk what blocks you've been logging then..

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Another thing, I know so many other people who i've repeatedly killed in the nether while they were leveling in the boxes and the excuse for them not being reset is that I have no evidence against them? Idk what blocks you've been logging then..

Not getting involved here but:

The logs were taken directly from the structure themselves.

Beastmannn

Soulsand
Not getting involved here but:

The logs were taken directly from the structure themselves.
So wait if someone went by pvping and there was someone leveling in the box, then they broke some blocks to get in, killed them and replaced you'd be de-leveled for modifying a box?

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
So wait if someone went by pvping and there was someone leveling in the box, then they broke some blocks to get in, killed them and replaced you'd be de-leveled for modifying a box?

That kind of goes against what some people have said, since it is being claimed the mobs can hit you because there was an open space. But if there was a open space why do you need to make a new hole to get in? =p

I cannot give any other information then that. I just know the logs were from the structure themselves. Many times the block was removed and placed back within a few seconds or a minute. Gives the impression it was removed, they walked in, and replaced it.

Beastmannn

Soulsand
Even so, an actual whole new ALERT THREAD was made to highlight and show how much of a MISUNDERSTANDING this was to MAJORITY of the community, are the punishments going to be revoked?

And even so this rule should be removed I'm sure majority would agree. Swamps dont even work to full effectiveness like they did last map because mobs stilll spawn underground and the nether has been the whole servers source of leveling for just about this whole map.

Lushen

Legacy Supporter 4
Its apparent that a lot of people didn't know the rules. I dont think a minecraft server such as this can afford to piss people off if you want to keep your lights on.

Kinda wish i got screenshots of everything that has gotten changed in the past 48 hours. This whole "Alert" post has changed, and wiki page. Just think its funny they change everything after everyone gets banned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Kinda wish i got screenshots of everything that has gotten changed in the past 48 hours. This whole "Alert" post has changed, and wiki page. Just think its funny they change everything after everyone gets banned.
So you are saying the rules at the Wiki should not be updated right after that the fact they were not updated caused lots of problems?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Check out the wiki, this rule apparently doesn't exist anymore and needs to be re-added which is probably the main source of confusion. New players to the server wouldn't even had known this rule existed in the past looking at the rules list from a newbie's point of view. Also the old rule pertained to mobs from spawners and not overworld mobs tho if people were smart they probably should have seen the correlation.

Due to this rule technically not existing I'm not really for these players being de-leveled since most of them probably didn't know any better. If the rule is re-instated on the wiki all future incidents such as these should be handled as they have been being handled now.

It's unfortunate to see something like this happen to so many especially knowing that a lot of them will probably not be coming back to the server after losing so much work not knowing thiey were doing something wrong. I really hope that they all find a way to manage and come back from this tho :/

A mass de-leveling is usually passed up the chain, but in this case, I heard nothing.
I'm investigating this situation

Lushen

Legacy Supporter 4
So you are saying the rules at the Wiki should not be updated right after that the fact they were not updated caused lots of problems?

No... update THEN tell everyone that "hey don't do this or you will be delvled"

A mass de-leveling is usually passed up the chain, but in this case, I heard nothing.
I'm investigating this situation

seriously.... i'm sorry Kainzo.... must be a headache. After everything that has happen hopefully some of the people will come back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
This is something that I can forgive some of the newbies for- but there are many people who were de-leveled who have been around a while, when the rule has always been "if you can hit the mob and the mob can't hit you, it's illegal." They really should have known better. I'm not sure a full-reset is deserved for this (if anything I would have left the professions alone), but seriously, how could you ever think that it was legal to grind on mobs with absolutely no risk to yourself and that this was fair?

As someone who leveled against rapid-fire skeletons and over-sensitive creepers, this whole ordeal just upsets me.

Avoir

Obsidian
First off for people that aren't involved with this and that are saying that " you couldn't get hit in these boxes" are people that know nothing of this event and shouldn't be commenting false information. Secondly as you can see if you /pve me that I have over 100 deaths from pigs in or out of these boxes, so the fact that people think the boxes was like a sort of god mode against them are totally wrong and should stop posting in this thread
This is something that I can forgive some of the newbies for- but there are many people who were de-leveled who have been around a while, when the rule has always been "if you can hit the mob and the mob can't hit you, it's illegal." They really should have known better. I'm not sure a full-reset is deserved for this (if anything I would have left the professions alone), but seriously, how could you ever think that it was legal to grind on mobs with absolutely no risk to yourself and that this was fair?

As someone who leveled against rapid-fire skeletons and over-sensitive creepers, this whole ordeal just upsets me.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I've seen some of the boxes constructed and used some with godmode off. I still took damage (Although a great amount less) - it really depends the specific instances. The reach on those mobs can usually hit you 'every now and then' but it is greatly different.

Either way, I'm investigating this - I won't change (or overturn an admin on) what has happened on the fly because of crying about using things to their advantage but I won't let their cries fall on deaf ears, so I'm doing my due diligence to ensure things are handled correctly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.