• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Making all of PVE a Warzone

Do you want all of PvE as a warzone?

• Total voters

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I don't want to spend 5 hours getting money to siege a town, raiding and PVP is different from sieging a town. I have been inactive for the past week or such because I do have a life outside of herocraft, I play hockey, I go to school and I've had a concussion. I gave you an example of how PVE discourages teamwork and towns as you need no protection or help from anyone else and can do everything solo. If freepers and Indar are both dead then who just got the top 3 in the tourney? Lastly I can get people on if someone is raiding or there is some fighting for sure.

I really don't understand why you think it's going to cost a fortune to create a functioning outpost that can siege. The most money you'll have to spend would be 3500ish (this includes the initial unlock costs and the creation costs). I'm still lost with why you think PVE discourages teamwork, really am lost to why you think this is the case.

If you can get people to log on and PVP, why don't you? There's been two parties of 10 and 7 walking around PVE looking for players to fight. You all say there isn't PVP but there is. You're all either not logged in or you just don't leave your SR's to fight. So regardless of changing the regions on the map from PVE to PVP. Nothing will change other than the fact the player base will decline heavily and newer players getting camped and robbed. Just like the last map.

Note; I've only been camped once personally and that was on the last map. I haven't been camped on this map as I understand some key mechanics now that I didn't back then. Most newer players would be in the same situation.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I really don't understand why you think it's going to cost a fortune to create a functioning outpost that can siege. The most money you'll have to spend would be 3500ish (this includes the initial unlock costs and the creation costs). I'm still lost with why you think PVE discourages teamwork, really am lost to why you think this is the case.

If you can get people to log on and PVP, why don't you? There's been two parties of 10 and 7 walking around PVE looking for players to fight. You all say there isn't PVP but there is. You're all either not logged in or you just don't leave your SR's to fight. So regardless of changing the regions on the map from PVE to PVP. Nothing will change other than the fact the player base will decline heavily and newer players getting camped and robbed. Just like the last map.

Note; I've only been camped once personally and that was on the last map. I haven't been camped on this map as I understand some key mechanics now that I didn't back then. Most newer players would be in the same situation.
3500 takes time to get, if you harvest the farms at Indar you will get from 400 to around 900s, let's say 650 it can takes 30 mins to harvest if you have chests ready to dump everything right by you. To replant it could take let's say 1hr (these are all being VERY careless and skipping planting tons of wheat) that still takes 1.5 hours getting 650s maybe less maybe more, then you wait for the wheat to grow and redo the cycle.

In your words there are 17 people walking around PVE looking for a fight. That's fine and all but they will never find a fight in PVE unless they are going to fight a dungeon. It would not decrease the player base of the server, and for noobs it would be more simple there would be no more which is better and things like that.

@minimike96 I've been saying sieges should be cheaper, except raiding and sieging should be kept separate and not need to go hand in hand. I would love to get on go find a town of 20 people and start fighting them, but I would not like to have to spend 2k and hours of my time watching the cannons until the town has low enough power for it to die. That is not fun, that is not PVP, that is just whoever has less of a life outside of herocraft and can sit at a computer all day.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
3500 takes time to get, if you harvest the farms at Indar you will get from 400 to around 900s, let's say 650 it can takes 30 mins to harvest if you have chests ready to dump everything right by you. To replant it could take let's say 1hr (these are all being VERY careless and skipping planting tons of wheat) that still takes 1.5 hours getting 650s maybe less maybe more, then you wait for the wheat to grow and redo the cycle.

In your words there are 17 people walking around PVE looking for a fight. That's fine and all but they will never find a fight in PVE unless they are going to fight a dungeon. It would not decrease the player base of the server, and for noobs it would be more simple there would be no more which is better and things like that.

@minimike96 I've been saying sieges should be cheaper, except raiding and sieging should be kept separate and not need to go hand in hand. I would love to get on go find a town of 20 people and start fighting them, but I would not like to have to spend 2k and hours of my time watching the cannons until the town has low enough power for it to die. That is not fun, that is not PVP, that is just whoever has less of a life outside of herocraft and can sit at a computer all day.

Using a wheat farm for money, I found that I would make ;300-400 per 30 mins. This includes replanting. Now, if someone is planning to siege a town. They will have other players helping. It would take at most 2-3 hours for a few players to gain the money they need. You also have to take Into account how much money has been sunk into the township you're attempting to siege, you shouldn't be able to create these outposts for less that the cost of a defence cannon (all the costs have already been lowered from what it previously was anyway).

These players weren't walking around the PVE regions, we were all within the PVP regions taking advantage of the most recent patch. This meant that we went to every 'major' town within the PVP side of the map. When we did find people, they ran and recalled. (Munch was one of the players who managed to run away and recall).

Making such a drastic change to the PVE region would only harm the server player base. As said a million times before, players have chosen PVE for a reason. If all these "pvpers" don't want to camp noobs then, what affect would changing the PVE regions to PVP regions have? Please care to explain this to me?

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Using a wheat farm for money, I found that I would make ;300-400 per 30 mins. This includes replanting. Now, if someone is planning to siege a town. They will have other players helping. It would take at most 2-3 hours for a few players to gain the money they need. You also have to take Into account how much money has been sunk into the township you're attempting to siege, you shouldn't be able to create these outposts for less that the cost of a defence cannon (all the costs have already been lowered from what it previously was anyway).

These players weren't walking around the PVE regions, we were all within the PVP regions taking advantage of the most recent patch. This meant that we went to every 'major' town within the PVP side of the map. When we did find people, they ran and recalled. (Munch was one of the players who managed to run away and recall).

Making such a drastic change to the PVE region would only harm the server player base. As said a million times before, players have chosen PVE for a reason. If all these "pvpers" don't want to camp noobs then, what affect would changing the PVE regions to PVP regions have? Please care to explain this to me?
2-3 hours just to maybe get a little fight is way too long. Everyone would Try to run from a 17v1, and isn't that the exact thing you complain what will happen to people when they come to PVP? I don't see anyone else doing it. It would add the excitement back into herocraft, you could get killed. That doesn't mean camped that just means dying and going back to what you were doing, sure if you want people to siege towns to destroy them then you will have people being camped but that is a design flaw in the plugin.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
2-3 hours just to maybe get a little fight is way too long. Everyone would Try to run from a 17v1, and isn't that the exact thing you complain what will happen to people when they come to PVP? I don't see anyone else doing it. It would add the excitement back into herocraft, you could get killed. That doesn't mean camped that just means dying and going back to what you were doing, sure if you want people to siege towns to destroy them then you will have people being camped but that is a design flaw in the plugin.

A little fight? You are aware a successful siege disables all TNT and block protection right? Plus at that point, the group did split up and we only had 5 chasing munch and Xel. Now onto the change. It would really create a huge decline of players. Just because you see PVP as a big thing doesn't mean other players do. I'm pretty sure players are content with just playing in PVE while building their own little communities.

A change I would highly support that was suggested by chazza would really help encourage more players to take part within the PVP side of the server; http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/pvp-suggestion-new-war-zone-phase.56656/#post-447243

Note; I really do see chazzas suggestion being a good compromise for both PVP and PVE players.

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
I'd like to throw in my two cents here.

In the two years I've played herocraft, I've never died to a one man attack. Every time I'm ambushed, it's a 2v1 or 3v1 in which the larger group are mastered hunters, and I was never above level 30. I really hate the idea of working for hours and hours to get money to do ANYTHING, and having it all stolen because some group decided it was my turn to die.

On a side note, I'd be fine with pvp if all items were returned after the fight. Perhaps the arena would work in this respect, as I've never really tried it.

If there are any groups of towns that recruit, train, and supply new players for fights so that they can gain expirience, I'd be up for that but all I see at the moment is mindless slaughtering of miners and levelers.

Xelarator1

Obsidian
A little fight? You are aware a successful siege disables all TNT and block protection right? Plus at that point, the group did split up and we only had 5 chasing munch and Xel. Now onto the change. It would really create a huge decline of players. Just because you see PVP as a big thing doesn't mean other players do. I'm pretty sure players are content with just playing in PVE while building their own little communities.

A change I would highly support that was suggested by chazza would really help encourage more players to take part within the PVP side of the server; http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/pvp-suggestion-new-war-zone-phase.56656/#post-447243

Note; I really do see chazzas suggestion being a good compromise for both PVP and PVE players.
Just popping in for a moment, when did this 5v2 altercation occur? I haven't been on for the past couple of days, and I don't PvP much.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
We could do something like
PvE - Sunday Tuesday Thursday
PvP- Monday Wednesday Friday
And then Split Saturday down the middle

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2

I'm aware and it would only be a little fight before the people get mad that you just destroyed something they worked for a long time, you get 1 fight and probably really small or no fight at all.

@zecaseo you can already keep everything of value once you die, PVP now has very little reward item wise. I'd be happy with recruiting people to a town if I knew they would be active, I could supply them with armor and everything else they needed but they would need to want to PVP.

Xhazed

Portal
whats the point
I'm not saying that the whole server become PvP just make it a war zone. Have war be like 30 minutes so that way nobody will have enough time to be repeatedly camped. Or we could try out Jonsoon's idea of a rotating schedule for war zones throughout all of PvE. I don't think this would ruin the PvE experience at all. You'd still have PvE for like 90%.
i mean.... U got your ass handed to you by pvpers because they didnt like you

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Just popping in for a moment, when did this 5v2 altercation occur? I haven't been on for the past couple of days, and I don't PvP much.

Hm, may not of been you then. Must of been someone with a similar name? Both players were ninjas if that helps.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
What happened to the days when the whole world could be PVP, and people didn't mindlessly raid everything that moved. Back when each town had lists of alliances and enemies, and would follow them to the word. Many a time I was reamed out for attacking someone from an allied city, or stirring up shit with a neutral town, only to make a new enemy for my town. There was a sense of chivalry, towns were open to the public, and anyone from an allied city was welcome. Not only that, but anyone that fucked shit up for no reason was quickly put down by the stronger allies. Shiroku anyone?

Anyways, it seems to me that people are unhappy not due to anything that has to do with the mechanics of Herocraft, but to put it simply, the community lost itself. I think the best we can do is try to guide it back in the right direction.

• Re implement a FORCED forum page for every town, INCLUDING a [Good] [Evil] Ect tag.
  • Police these forum tags, don't let a good town shit on noobs.
  • Possibly add an in game way to declare allianced towns and enemy towns, similar to the clan system.
Now obviously this is just the tip of the iceberg, but I feel like a huge part of what is missing is the vibrant community. No a lot of this is due to things that unfortunately cannot be changed. Things like the map being way to fucking big for the player base (4000x4000 or even 3000x3000 would be plenty). No roads coming from spawn. This always created a hub, a place that every town had a path built to, and every shop keeper looked for. In fact, 70% of towns were built within 400-500 blocks of the roads, and major towns were even on top of the roads. (Ironpass was 500 blocks down the road from the start of the no pvp zone, which today seems like madness). These roads along with the side roads gave quick travel, with people eventually having a map of the system in their head, rather than navigating with F3. Also, centering the spawn at the middle, gave everything a frame of reference. It allowed coordinates to make sense, you wouldn't have to stare at your F3 screen for 2000 blocks, you could literally know where on the map things were, and how to get there quickly (Bringing back roads into the equation.)

Either way I know none of this is possible, and I'm severely off topic now, I just needed somewhere to vent my feelings haha.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
What happened to the days when the whole world could be PVP, and people didn't mindlessly raid everything that moved. Back when each town had lists of alliances and enemies, and would follow them to the word. Many a time I was reamed out for attacking someone from an allied city, or stirring up shit with a neutral town, only to make a new enemy for my town. There was a sense of chivalry, towns were open to the public, and anyone from an allied city was welcome. Not only that, but anyone that fucked shit up for no reason was quickly put down by the stronger allies. Shiroku anyone?

Anyways, it seems to me that people are unhappy not due to anything that has to do with the mechanics of Herocraft, but to put it simply, the community lost itself. I think the best we can do is try to guide it back in the right direction.

• Re implement a FORCED forum page for every town, INCLUDING a [Good] [Evil] Ect tag.
  • Police these forum tags, don't let a good town shit on noobs.
  • Possibly add an in game way to declare allianced towns and enemy towns, similar to the clan system.
Now obviously this is just the tip of the iceberg, but I feel like a huge part of what is missing is the vibrant community. No a lot of this is due to things that unfortunately cannot be changed. Things like the map being way to fucking big for the player base (4000x4000 or even 3000x3000 would be plenty). No roads coming from spawn. This always created a hub, a place that every town had a path built to, and every shop keeper looked for. In fact, 70% of towns were built within 400-500 blocks of the roads, and major towns were even on top of the roads. (Ironpass was 500 blocks down the road from the start of the no pvp zone, which today seems like madness). These roads along with the side roads gave quick travel, with people eventually having a map of the system in their head, rather than navigating with F3. Also, centering the spawn at the middle, gave everything a frame of reference. It allowed coordinates to make sense, you wouldn't have to stare at your F3 screen for 2000 blocks, you could literally know where on the map things were, and how to get there quickly (Bringing back roads into the equation.)

Either way I know none of this is possible, and I'm severely off topic now, I just needed somewhere to vent my feelings haha.
Also no more kingdoms with the new towns plugin :(

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
What happened to the good old days where I could always go to Rapture swamp as a level 10 paladin and kill people? :(

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
I remember when I started on Bastion. I may have been killed a LOT but a player would message me asking if I needed help, if me getting killed came up in chat multiple times. Somone always came to my rescue even people I didn't know. Pewpewlazers in particular saved me quite a lot. I think it should be full pvp (though I doubt it will ever happen) and be up to the player base to help people. All the random pvp is what made it fun for me even just starting off. Even though I died and lost all my stuff many times I enjoyed fighting and felt great when me and my noob friends fought off a higher level together.

There will always be mean players who camp and kill noobs but there will also always be nice players to help and protect them.

(The Training Academy is a nice example of the player base taking the initiative to help new players get started and nurture them up so that they will stay on herocraft and become active.)

P.S. I also think you should lose armor when you die aswell because that is the thing that made pvp worth it a lot of the time. I know different classes lose different amount of stuff but if you compare a full paladin set with full leather the price comes out about even.

I blame Grammer errors on posting from mobile.

Last edited:

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
This has been posted coun tless times before, and each thread practically has the same people saying the same things. As such, I will repost my thoughts on this:

And again, this appeals to the PvPers at the expense of the PvE faction, to which many PvE players will leave, then you are left with two continents, with the same number of PvP players complaining again that they cannot find PvP.
One thing that a lot of PvPers have realized is that there are NO NEW PVPERS. We have the same old freepers, tc, umbra and LO, even if they are not called that. There are a few reasons why.
Reason 1. When people start on the server and if they are PvPers they go to PvP. Then they die a few times lose their stuff and rage or get upset. Instead of making friends or joining a town to help defend them, they go to PvE where nothing like that can harm them.
Reason 2. Since majority of people are on PvE they have not experienced actual real PvP, real 5v5s or 1v1s that are enjoyable, so why ever venture out into PvP? Ya maybe for a /hunt but then someone like myself will track them and kill them. It might boost PvP but not in the right way.
Reason 3. Ridiculous overpower classes, yes this is a good portion balances fault and the lack of a good coder for skills right now. When people from various towns play cleric bard and disciple, for other towns to ever stand a chance they have to play the same broken classes. This makes PvP boring and tedious. So why should PvErs venture out when they know their necro will not stand a chance against a disciple?
Having all of PvE a warzone is a step in the right direction, it will introduce players that would never PvP into combat and hopefully bring new enjoyment to them.
We have given PvE their separate world their separate continent and nothing drops on deaths, maybe try to appeal to the other majority for a change, it is a Hardcore Server after all.
The only PvP there is now is bountying noobs in PvE and going in for a kill, this is my last desperate attempt for PvP and it gives little enjoyment.