• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Making all of PVE a Warzone

Do you want all of PvE as a warzone?

• Total voters

Malarb

ICE ICE ICE!
Recently on this server I've noticed that less and less "Pvpers" are getting on and this may bring back some of them. I'm not gonna got into the whole bring back the old ways and that will bring people back arguement, but this is my idea to help a little. So as fella who likes some PvP I think this would be a good idea. I also have some other reasons than just that.
  • It will bring back that element of danger that everybody loved back on the old maps, the war times can be 1 hour of war for every 5 hours of peace or something like that. This will help to keep some of the excitement up for the PvE side instead of the same old leveling, mining and building without any danger.
  • It would appease the Pvper's so we don't keep on complaining about trying to bring back the older versions of the server.
  • It will also help to create more groups, people will feel the need to team up and defend themselves rather than live on their own in the safety of PvE. This is just an opinion, but I feel that people aren't sticking around to long on the server because they try just living on their own and get bored, and I feel if all of PvE was a warzone then people would be much more likely to form groups and readily accept new members.
  • This will also give the ability for PvE based towns to actually duke it out. For a while I've seen PvE town yelling at each other over chat but these war zones will give them a chance to actually do something. This will also allow PvP towns to raid PvE towns which was pretty much impossible before.
This is all the benefits I have thought of so far, but I also know there are some cons.

• Many people disagree with idea of with allowing PvP into PvE, because some people just like playing PvE or don't like PvP and I understand that. I think a lot of people don't give PvP a shot, when I think it is one of the most fun parts of the server, and this will show them a glimpse. Don't knock it till you try it.
  • Others think newer players will just be massacred and that will make them quit. Sure it will make some quit but the others will band together and try to defend themselves, and then eventually get revenge.
I'm sure there are many more cons people can think of, but thats all I got right now.

In my viewpoint I think the benefits will outweigh the cons but that's for others to decide.

Thanks for reading!

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
This has been posted countless times before, and each thread practically has the same people saying the same things. As such, I will repost my thoughts on this:

The only people who are pushing for more war are the southern residents.

It was stated right in the first post: "... noobs don't like PvP."

More war will result in people logging off during war to avoid it, or senseless kills on people who do not enjoy PvP and want very little to do with it.

That being said, I think the entire region going to war at once is a very bad idea, though I think the concept of wars is fun.
Create 5 regions on PvE with rolling times of war. Only active in one region at a time, but one will always be at war. There also needs to be something to actually gain from these wars such as special drops.
Most PvE players do not want to PvP, hence them living in the north... Push PvP on them too much and they may leave, as you said, and you will then be still stuck with the same group pf PvP players in the south.

Not to mention that if you raid a PvE town, they will more than likely not leave the safety of their town, and you will still get no PvP gratification.

• It would appease the Pvper's so we don't keep on complaining about trying to bring back the older versions of the server.
And again, this appeals to the PvPers at the expense of the PvE faction, to which many PvE players will leave, then you are left with two continents, with the same number of PvP players complaining again that they cannot find PvP.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Thoughts;

No, just no. Townships isn't in a state good enough to even consider this option (quite a few bugs) nor is the player base (a lot more players play PVE for a reason). For some reason, townships has been more catered more so to pvpers allowing 'raids' which is completely the wrong direction in my opinion but that's another story. The only way you're going to bring back big PVP groups (there's already a few big groups that PVP anyway?) is to add an objective of sorts/ something to fight over as a group.

Saying this, I as well as a few other towns have a plan in the pipe works that might draw a lot of PVP attention. You'll see more if this in the following days.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Thoughts;

No, just no. Townships isn't in a state good enough to even consider this option (quite a few bugs) nor is the player base (a lot more players play PVE for a reason). For some reason, townships has been more catered more so to pvpers allowing 'raids' which is completely the wrong direction in my opinion but that's another story. The only way you're going to bring back big PVP groups (there's already a few big groups that PVP anyway?) is to add an objective of sorts/ something to fight over as a group.

Saying this, I as well as a few other towns have a plan in the pipe works that might draw a lot of PVP attention. You'll see more if this in the following days.
Since when was townships catered to PVP? Do you not remember the poisons and 2 shorting turrets? That is not even a valid argument, as it stands there still shouldn't be any defenses like turrets because it makes for less PVP inside towns. The only way you are going to get big PVP groups back is for Them to actually feel like they aren't being ignored which is what happens the past few maps. LO freeps Umbra and TC are all gone for the most part because they were fed up.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Since when was townships catered to PVP? Do you not remember the poisons and 2 shorting turrets? That is not even a valid argument, as it stands there still shouldn't be any defenses like turrets because it makes for less PVP inside towns. The only way you are going to get big PVP groups back is for Them to actually feel like they aren't being ignored which is what happens the past few maps. LO freeps Umbra and TC are all gone for the most part because they were fed up.
And I honestly doubt many want to come back. Why? Because the server isn't going a place they like, that's fine. But basing the future off of the past is an idiotic choice.

Get townships stable
Continue balancing
Then worry about changing War Zones and etc

Townships are broken so no one goes to war, no one sieges, why? Costs (In the case of war, it's just broken). Fix those and PvE suddenly becomes not as safe as people think. Warring towns can PvP anywhere (So inside a PvE town) and a siege can (Should be made to be able to) bring down regions and TnT protections.

As a side note: PvE towns should be put into PvP Enabled when sieged, would make seiging useful on PvE towns (Without having to go to war, would also allow groups of players to team up without all of them warring one town)

Beau_Nearh

Portal

+arrow turrets don't work
+towns only stop players removing/ placing blocks now
+increase the power drain siege cannons have
+reduced cost to actually siege

Sorry are these not valid points? regardless of those towns, they do not account for the entire towns opinion as said before. Just because those players are more vocal doesn't mean that's the same view everyone else is sharing. As said many times before, if you're so desperate for PVP. Go play on a kit server and stop trying to change PVE in general. There is little to no benefit in creating a town now. If townships was in it's current state at the start. I would not of even created a town.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
+arrow turrets don't work
+towns only stop players removing/ placing blocks now
+increase the power drain siege cannons have
+reduced cost to actually siege

Sorry are these not valid points? regardless of those towns, they do not account for the entire towns opinion as said before. Just because those players are more vocal doesn't mean that's the same view everyone else is sharing. As said many times before, if you're so desperate for PVP. Go play on a kit server and stop trying to change PVE in general. There is little to no benefit in creating a town now. If townships was in it's current state at the start. I would not of even created a town.
While it's not worth crap, towns can make insane amounts of money.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
While it's not worth crap, towns can make insane amounts of money.

Well besides that, townships really isn't going anywhere until those key bugs are fixed I suppose. The SR limit has really took a key element out of townships leaving us with what we've got now (excluding the bugs).

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
And I honestly doubt many want to come back. Why? Because the server isn't going a place they like, that's fine. But basing the future off of the past is an idiotic choice.

Get townships stable
Continue balancing
Then worry about changing War Zones and etc

Townships are broken so no one goes to war, no one sieges, why? Costs (In the case of war, it's just broken). Fix those and PvE suddenly becomes not as safe as people think. Warring towns can PvP anywhere (So inside a PvE town) and a siege can (Should be made to be able to) bring down regions and TnT protections.

As a side note: PvE towns should be put into PvP Enabled when sieged, would make seiging useful on PvE towns (Without having to go to war, would also allow groups of players to team up without all of them warring one town)
Towns 2.0 needs low costs on war but no destroying towns, just taking away TNT protections to actually make TNT useful. A TnT shop added in spawn so people don't need to grind creepers all day. I would take balance from Bastion over this any day, classes fit their roles and sure some were overpowered but not to the extent where the team with the most clerics wins, which is what it is now. There would be no changing warzones if there was no PVE, re add the needed lvl to pvp. Maybe bump it to 30 or 45 by then you can fight people that are max, maybe not easily but you can still fight them. If you don't Like PVP then join a town and have some protection, PVE discourages towns and working together aswell. You can do everything solo no risk of getting items stolen, no risk of death. nothing.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Towns 2.0 needs low costs on war but no destroying towns, just taking away TNT protections to actually make TNT useful. A TnT shop added in spawn so people don't need to grind creepers all day. I would take balance from Bastion over this any day, classes fit their roles and sure some were overpowered but not to the extent where the team with the most clerics wins, which is what it is now. There would be no changing warzones if there was no PVE, re add the needed lvl to pvp. Maybe bump it to 30 or 45 by then you can fight people that are max, maybe not easily but you can still fight them. If you don't Like PVP then join a town and have some protection, PVE discourages towns and working together aswell. You can do everything solo no risk of getting items stolen, no risk of death. nothing.
Are you completley ignorant of the fact that not everyone likes PvPing? Some aren't good at it, some don't have the best toaster for playing MC, or just don't enjoy it. Stop forcing your playstyle on them.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Are you completley ignorant of the fact that not everyone likes PvPing? Some aren't good at it, some don't have the best toaster for playing MC, or just don't enjoy it. Stop forcing your playstyle on them.
I am not ignoring that at all, I didn't say everyone has to PVP all the time, nor am I forcing it on them. Herocraft is trying to appease everyone but at the same time driving a giant wedge between to groups that has caused conflict. Go back to Bastion, you could build lvl or do whatever in peace but you could still find PVP close to you at any time.

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
I remember the days of hiding from the groups of organized pvpers; hunting you down because you had no one to help you, killing you because you were a low level, stealing your hard earned items because they thought it was fun, and laughing at the expense of your time and effort wasted. And it was AWFUL. I mastered dragoon and ranger on Haven, but was so fed up with constant death that I went to Shrine. SHRINE! I would rather pve with the awful terrain, reduced exp and soul rates, and almost no playerbase than have to deal with pvp.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I am not ignoring that at all, I didn't say everyone has to PVP all the time, nor am I forcing it on them. Herocraft is trying to appease everyone but at the same time driving a giant wedge between to groups that has caused conflict. Go back to Bastion, you could build lvl or do whatever in peace but you could still find PVP close to you at any time.
Bastion: Shit was unbalanced, people were bordercamping almost 24/7, raids were always 5man+ on groups of maybe 2 or 3 low level base classes, and it wasn't a perfect golden age like you seem to think. Remove your rose tinted glasses/nostalgia goggles, whichever you fancy.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Bastion: Shit was unbalanced, people were bordercamping almost 24/7, raids were always 5man+ on groups of maybe 2 or 3 low level base classes, and it wasn't a perfect golden age like you seem to think. Remove your rose tinted glasses/nostalgia goggles, whichever you fancy.
Bastion: classes were better balanced for their roles, people camped east road, no where else really because most people were smart enough to recall from graveyards. Raids were always 5+ against low lvls? I remember raiding silermede (they were max). I tried raiding Umbra within days of joining a town and picking a spec if you want the video I can give it to you. I remember constantly being able to fight freeps at Altum. Bastion wasn't perfect, there could have been more events and things but it was still much better than now. You should try removing your glasses and see what is actually going on.

Beau_Nearh

Portal

If siege'ing wasn't broke it would cost only 2650 souls to create a fully functional outpost. Now you're telling me this is too much money to siege a town? Please tell me more about how it's unbalanced. And as far as I know, creeper drops were increased heavily (at least double), keep in kind you're not even taking ammo dumps or TNT factories into account.

"PVE discourages towns and working together aswell" Sorry what? The most active towns are the towns that are in PVE. Name one active town within PVP that has more than 5 members log on in a single day as we both know as well as everyone else that there isn't one. Most, if not all PVP towns are dead. I really don't understand why you've made such a bold statement like that without giving any examples. I could easily give Examples of PVP towns that are dead or are dying; Skystead, Tectum, Indar, Espa.

You can't force a certain playstyle on players. If you haven't noticed (most likely not as I never see you being active too) a lot more players from PVE are actually starting to PVP. An example of this was that we managed to get 2 parties sorted for raiding within 29 minutes. Keep in mind One party had 10 players in while the other had 7, name me a PVP town that can get that many people in such a short time.

Malarb

ICE ICE ICE!
If you can get those numbers together to go raid in PvP, you should be able to get those numbers together that quickly for defense too, right? It seems a little unfair the the PvE towns can come raid in PvP but any time a PvP player tries to go raid a PvE town all that seems to happen is that the lava buckets come out and we can't really do anything about it. If a lot of PvE is moving towards PvP then why not introduce all of PvE as a war zone or even Jonsoons idea of a 5 zone rotation throughtout all of PvE?