• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

I miss Sanctum.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Also before the lag from all the other mods we got now and other various things that cause it at random times now.
Rose tinted glasses much?
Sanctum was worse for lag than any of the recent maps were. Don't you remember the horrendous block lag that would take you 2-6 attempts to break a single block?
Anytime we got bored we'd go explore other towns for architecture and then get pvp'd by highway bandits near the nexus and the giant parkour hell gates we used to love.
In my entire time during sanctum I was only attacked a small number of times and the majority of that was when me and the rest of New Ostia were attacked while we were starting to build the town by Brutalacerate (before he became admin) and this was towards the end of the map. Prior to that I did not encounter PvP unless I went and hunted someone down myself.
Generally speaking, you'll love the first map you've seen or first game you played and then it will be spotty here and there.
Zeal was the map I enjoyed most out of any of the maps I've played thus far as it was when me and the SSS went up against GaidenFocus and Killuminati

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Generally speaking, you'll love the first map you've seen or first game you played and then it will be spotty here and there.
I agree, the mystery and learning everything was excellent. Exploring everything and figuring out what it was all about.
Well I liked Zeal better than Sanctum.
Actually I quite liked zeal a lot too.
Rose tinted glasses much?
Sanctum was worse for lag than any of the recent maps were. Don't you remember the horrendous block lag that would take you 2-6 attempts to break a single block?-snipped the rest-
Sure that happened a few times, but from my memory it was only late sanctum and we had plenty of pvp and a lot less lag than you mention here. :S

When I played brutal was a mod and I was digging the first osamu out under the kumo national forestry reservation near kainzo's pyramid temple and the other giant hell gate.

The admins had placed a layer of 1 dirt across the entire ocean KNFR was built on so there was no trees or anything and we decided that it needed something so I set out from kumo.

Samsoccerboy or something like that was mayor, and Pumpapa was SIC, I became TiC and later SIC when pumpapa took over. Sam quit for school.

I built a hunting board where we would periodically put tasks on it for citizens to stay active, and pumpapa built a spleef arena. I beautified the market area around kumo and spent a lot of time outside of the town there. I built hummels a castle. I thought it was badass back then but man I was a newb.

I can't tell you how many times Spider-jockeys spawned ontop of the trees at the KNFR and jumped my ass, that shit was intense~! LOL, creepers too. So many people complained about the trees spawning mobs so it was secretly called "Creeper Forest"

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Also danda I joined dielan and ironee's guild the Ghast Protection Agency so we constantly were heading to hell to gather resources and constantly encountering people and pvp.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Zeal was my favorite but tbh I would probably hate it if I went back to it now. Everyone seems to forget how much we all complained about how we hated zeal towards the end of the map. DG was meh for me. It had its fun spots. Bastion in my opinion is far better than dragon. Tons of fun and drama on it.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Zeal was my favorite but tbh I would probably hate it if I went back to it now. Everyone seems to forget how much we all complained about how we hated zeal towards the end of the map. DG was meh for me. It had its fun spots. Bastion in my opinion is far better than dragon. Tons of fun and drama on it.

Yeah but Zeal had PvP which was more than:

''COME OUT TUR TOWN NOOB''

''MAKE ME BRO''

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Yeah but Zeal had PvP which was more than:

''COME OUT TUR TOWN NOOB''

''MAKE ME BRO''
There were towns that were designed to be raided then, I remember when I was in Orion towards the end. We never bothered making the walls better because it was fun to fight raiders.

Tigobitties123

Legacy Supporter 6
Orion was so fun to raid In zeal.. Wish we'd have a rule for open towns, they look better and raiding actually feels like raiding instead of running in circles in front of walls

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
There were towns that were designed to be raided then, I remember when I was in Orion towards the end. We never bothered making the walls better because it was fun to fight raiders.
If only you guys would haw allied us and purchased kingdom. ARC, KILL, and PoH could have had empire easy! :p we pretty much had all the gold apples between us

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Orion was so fun to raid In zeal.. Wish we'd have a rule for open towns, they look better and raiding actually feels like raiding instead of running in circles in front of walls

The only problem with that is not everyone likes pvp and its a real pain to try to get any work down on the surface of your town with raiders constantly attacking.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I remember when a 5 block tall wall was enough to keep raiders out unless they abused block lag :p Also, I remember when flowers and clay were the rarest thing on the map because clay never generated. Ah, Rens.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I know WTF man.. clay was so rare.

Hmm.. It still can be. We just have to mine all of it out, like we do sand.
(newerth's evil plot is revealed!)

Grab your enchanted efficiency 4 unbreaking 3 diamond shovels and aqua affinity I, Respiration III leather helms boys! Time to destroy the map!

Tigobitties123

Legacy Supporter 6
The only problem with that is not everyone likes pvp and its a real pain to try to get any work down on the surface of your town with raiders constantly attacking.
most of the towns did get work done still. Towns looked better back then, Than they do now.