• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

I miss Sanctum.

xFinaLx

Legacy Supporter 7
I was just on YouTube when I came across this. All of a sudden, hundreds of memories from the Sanctum map hit me like a ton of bricks. I miss the people who used to play, the towns that existed, and the way Herocraft used to be. That's not to say that the current incarnation of Herocraft isn't awesome - it's just different.

I'll probably never feel the same way about another game as I do about that period of Herocraft, and I'm glad I was here to experience it. What are your thoughts?

I miss all the old spawns, the one in Alpha was quite ugly though xD
Good memories none the less. :)

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Sanctum to me, was filled with wonder and beautiful city's. You would greet the odd person along a road with a tip of the hat, and move on.

I joined sanctum in march, had no idea what I was doing, bumped into a two guys in the wild, and lived with them for a month or two.

Everyday I would grab some gear, and venture out along a road to see a town. I think I saw every town on that map, and stole every item too :p I was a noob back then and was be proud to pick up some smoothstone slabs from an unopened chest, anything to fill my chests.

The magic of exploring that map cannot be relived for me, Although Zeal was fun as hell, just not in the same way.

DG is no fun to explore. The map generated is pretty shit imo, Plains, tundras, and empty mountains. I've looked at the map, and there is a total of around 4 forests on the entire map.
The towns are built for protection, not beauty, and 95% of them are sealed up so tight that if the insides even look good, you cant tell. I want to walk through the streets of towns like Rens, Newerth, Skyforge and Fiore.

Please builders, make your towns amazing again?

MajorasMask

Ungodly

Errrrm. Here we go again! :rolleyes:

I liked how many Sanctum towns were open, but, remember, everyone had LWCs. T3+ got ulimited LWCs for free, and many people had their own personal regions, much bigger and free. Also; towns regions were non-pvp zones. With all these combined, people didn't need walls because their items and players were safe. The removal of these features made the game more difficult, it introduced a new map (Zeal) - which was A LOT more difficult.

With things more difficult, people now have walls, safe storages, ect. These new builds are the main contribution to ''ugly towns''. Towns, near the end of Zeal and the begining of Dragon, were made to be vaults to contain and protect. However, things have changed, and people now know how to make safe areas beautiful (lets face it, most ''box'' towns eventually change or go inactive. Even box towns are good looking, for instance, Altum and Raubtier's walls look great! :D

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Sanctum to me, was filled with wonder and beautiful city's. You would greet the odd person along a road with a tip of the hat, and move on.

I joined sanctum in march, had no idea what I was doing, bumped into a two guys in the wild, and lived with them for a month or two.

Everyday I would grab some gear, and venture out along a road to see a town. I think I saw every town on that map, and stole every item too :p I was a noob back then and was be proud to pick up some smoothstone slabs from an unopened chest, anything to fill my chests.

The magic of exploring that map cannot be relived for me, Although Zeal was fun as hell, just not in the same way.

DG is no fun to explore. The map generated is pretty shit imo, Plains, tundras, and empty mountains. I've looked at the map, and there is a total of around 4 forests on the entire map.
The towns are built for protection, not beauty, and 95% of them are sealed up so tight that if the insides even look good, you cant tell. I want to walk through the streets of towns like Rens, Newerth, Skyforge and Fiore.

Please builders, make your towns amazing again?
Yeah - Something I think is worthy to note is that you can have an amazing looking town, but still have it be secure. I really liked SkyForge back in the day, and hardly ever left the general area. Come to think about, I was very anti social back in Sanctum, haha. Only had a few friends, practically never talked in chat. You can see how far I've come from that, hehe.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
@TheMormon
Yes.

Sorry about killing you the other day with some of the Treeps.

I hope you don't hate me :p
(All is fair in love and war :p)

@MajorasMask
I'm not here to argue, I'm here to reminisce.

But I would be happy if they put back no pvp regions. I would be more than happy to sacrifice my raids for some beautiful cities to explore. :p

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I loved sanctum. A good portion of the server disliked me, including some staff, but I didn't really realize at the time. I was a douche, haha, I regret the time I spent on sanctum, and I don't regret it for some reasons. I went around, I'd attack towns who were allied with the Kingdom I was King of, and nothing was done about it. Artemis, the Capital I was mayor of was borderline neutral, simply because I killed everything in my path.

I loved Minecraft PvP. I rarely lost fights. If I could look at my kill/death ratio of that time, it would be 10/1 - I did whatever I could to survive, even if it was a cheap tactic or abusing some sort of overpowered aspect such as logging out before fights I knew I couldn't win or /sneak or instant recalls.

I was good at PvP. Even with the trackpad, back then with my shitty connection I could beat anyone so long as I wasn't fighting a lot of people. Back then exploiting was legal, so I did that to get into towns and open gates to attack towns. Made the game really fun. Luckily I stopped those habits immediately after the rules were changed.

The only thing I wished I had put more effort into was working on my kingdom. It looked ugly at the end and I left Artemis in a terrible shape at the map wipe. I just didn't have the patience for it I guess.

Had some fun times at @Domitius 's fisticuffs tournaments, where I won every one but one where @strongholdx beat me in the finals. I made a lot of friends who have seemed to have gone in a different path as me, whether it be joining other towns or leaving Herocraft, such as @AlexDaParrot , @sheddi , @Engelbritzon , @HolyRane , @wolfgang784 and a few others. I had some good times with @atvrider312 and @jmoney222 who I still have the pleasure of being aligned with today.

Anyways, I do miss Sanctum, but I am having a ton of fun on this map, despite being removed from staff. I may consider it my favorite map, i was not too fond of Zeal :/

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
@TheMormon
Yes.

Sorry about killing you the other day with some of the Treeps.

I hope you don't hate me :p
(All is fair in love and war :p)

@MajorasMask
I'm not here to argue, I'm here to reminisce.

But I would be happy if they put back no pvp regions. I would be more than happy to sacrifice my raids for some beautiful cities to explore. :p
Oh, no worries. Business is business, after all. Besides, you've only played the game! :)

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7