• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT How did you hear about Herocraft?

How did you hear about Herocraft?

• Total voters

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
I wanted to get a feel for where our community comes from and what brought everyone here.

Knowing where we came from will allow us to better direct our efforts for Heralds and Advertising!

Feel free to discuss!
The poll really shows an example that the word of mouth can get around.

DefaultTexture

Legacy Supporter 4
It also shows that voting is just about useless....
I feel like Search Engine would encompass many of the sights that voting is done on. Like you might google 'Minecraft RPG server 1.7.4' or something like that, and one of the many links might send you to one of the sights that a player would vote on. Makes it kinda hard to choose, although picking Search Engine would make more sense.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
It also shows that voting is just about useless....
No, not really.

38 votes for word of mouth vs say 25 for voting/searching - that's about 7:5.

What it does show is the importance of community, word of mouth, and reputation.

And several people have mentioned coming here after encountering the Heroes plug-in elsewhere. (I did.)

DefaultTexture

Legacy Supporter 4
No, not really.

38 votes for word of mouth vs say 25 for voting/searching - that's about 7:5.

What it does show is the importance of community, word of mouth, and reputation.

And several people have mentioned coming here after encountering the Heroes plug-in elsewhere. (I did.)
Too bad the heroes plug-in elsewhere feels botched if you play herocraft first :L

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Too bad the heroes plug-in elsewhere feels botched if you play herocraft first :L
Yeah, reputation again, eh. Similarly, if it feels botched on other servers, people will be less inclined to try it here.

If the Heroes plug-in is a good product on other servers, it makes Herocraft look good. But if they have weak product, it weakens the plug-in's rep.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yeah, reputation again, eh. Similarly, if it feels botched on other servers, people will be less inclined to try it here.

If the Heroes plug-in is a good product on other servers, it makes Herocraft look good. But if they have weak product, it weakens the plug-in's rep.
Completely the opposite - its a heavily configurable and dynamic plugin - it's entire purpose is to not be the same on each server, we have advertise this on the plugin download too.

Like others have said, they played on a lesser server and wanted to try the real thing :)

More PM reading :)

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
I loved this server from the start.

I as lookin' up RPG Servers on a search engine, and I see this. It blew my mind. I got in, (had a little trouble with whitelisting, but that' behind me), and started plain' like the idiot I am! :) Then I became my class Ranger, and I started getting addicted to this drug called Herocraft.

So I started inviting all of my MC buddies, and so I have had over 10 people join Herocraft. Unofficial Herald FTW!!!

Weikauno

Coder
I was looking up RPG MC servers around the internet through google, playing a few minutes on each server to check out what it's like, and after going through a lot of boring servers, I found this and loved it because of the community and the beginning experience(I really liked the tutorial/Lost Cove, made a lot of friends in Warshard)