• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Heroes

Joka10

Soulsand
Kind of offtopic...
Some people mentioned how the ban system is flawed, and people don't fear the rules anymore.

Well, I gathered up some data from the ban appeals section. Note that this is only data about ban appeal topics in the ban appeals thread on this forum. It doesn't accurately reflect all the people who have been banned, what they were banned for, how long they were banned for, and doesn't take into consideration multiple appeals submitted for the same issue or posts that are completely offtopic. It also includes things like mute appeals.

Topics in the Ban Appeals section posted in...
January 2011: 11
February : 18
March: 32
April: 17
May: 15
June: 49
July: 31
August: 61
September: 30
October: 45
November: 20
December: 18
January 2012: 57
February: 43
March: 42
April: 66
May: 57
June (so far): 12

There have been 172 more topics posted in the Ban Appeals section from January-May 2012 than January-May 2011.

Interpret those results as you will.

Again, keep in mind that this does not take into account double posts, re-appeals for the same ban, offtopic things, ban reminders, mute appeals, rating appeals, and other things. It is merely data based on the topics placed in the Ban Appeals section. It also does not take into account the severity of the infringement and severity of the ban.

Perhaps I'll clean it up later, but that's hard :(

_AMPLiFY

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm going to throw in my two cents in here. Now i know I don't play here much and a lot of you new guys probably don't even know me but I still browse the forums quite regularly believe it or not.

About Heroes:
I believe the Heroes plugin is what really defines Herocraft. If you look at other servers, there are none that have a class system quite like this one. And even for the ones who use Heroes, they are not even comparable to the setup Herocraft has. The heroes plugin is one of the things that keeps people on, they want to level up, they want to be the best, so they stay online to do so. This is smart on the staff side and it also provides hours of fun for the user.

About townships
I saw some stuff about that so Ill comment on this too. I truly believe that there are way too many towns on DG which cause some problems. Believe it or not, I am the mayor of a town that I'm positive no one lives in anymore yet it's still there.
I do believe that the 3 towns in each cardinal direction idea is good, however I dont think it will work. It kind of forces people to get along that really dont want to; which will lead to many problems.
I think the best solution is to have a hard cap on towns. Let's go with 10. If there is 10 towns, each individual town will be 100% more active. It will allow for better inner-town government, better wars and not the silly raids which just leave people pissed, and a closer community.

Anyway, that is all for me tonight, tell me what you think :p

Thanks,
AMP

Aetosion

Obsidian
I think 10 towns would be chill, based on some sort of alignment, commonly held goal, or values. That way people don't get forced together that shouldn't be.

Plob5

Legacy Supporter 2
Cap towns at 30 create more kingdoms with alliances/enemies big wars no professions no MA's more mob spawning 4 cardinal directions from spawn. Encouraging towns to re-create a popular PvP road, remove the TD . Make prices of spawn plots double and have few of them. Also, give every player in the game track more expensive lwc's.

Now this is what you call a 'nuff said.

Last map you would raid too get items and kill anyone who would get in your way, this map you raid and wait for hours for 1-2 people to come out and attempt to kill you. There the fuck we go.

inb4permaban

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Perhaps a reward for large groups of towns BEFORE you get actual kingdom status would help block together towns, as it seems that for the better part of each map there are no kingdoms (officially) at all. This would be if the kingdom prices stayed generally the same as they are now.