• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

GG Pvp

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
The newbs didn't have souls to go through a herogate, was trying to take them through Necropolis and all the other dungeons to elven palace. I know what I'm doing in game, not my first rodeo... and I know you're correct about the grammar, it's just obviously the last thing on my mind at present time.
That makes more sense, Herogates are rather expensive early on. Try doing the t1 dungeon do grind some souls for you guys then? There's always a safer alternative. There was once a town called Regius, still standing, but extremely inactive. They tried to play the 100% PvE lifestyle, and now they've quit because of the reputation they've earned (large egos, larger walls, largest trench) causing some of us to not take too kindly the actions they've followed.

The point in killing people is of course good hearty PvP. There's an ELO system that many players strive to achieve the holy rank of /pvp top. Some like to maintain that status.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Then get your ass off the computer and minecraft and try and help the next couple generations deal with the massive debt you left us you bastard. Don't lecture the people that you let down. Should be ashamed of your generation. That's all i have to say about that.
im 17 u idiot

That makes more sense, Herogates are rather expensive early on. Try doing the t1 dungeon do grind some souls for you guys then? There's always a safer alternative. There was once a town called Regius, still standing, but extremely inactive. They tried to play the 100% PvE lifestyle, and now they've quit because of the reputation they've earned (large egos, larger walls, largest trench) causing some of us to not take too kindly the actions they've followed.

The point in killing people is of course good hearty PvP. There's an ELO system that many players strive to achieve the holy rank of /pvp top. Some like to maintain that status.
I'd love to hit the ELO of /pvp top, but i refuse to kill low levels to get there... If I wanna be at Naxet's level, I'm gonna get good enough to kill people of his skill level before I climb. I got a moral obligation to help the lowbies, kill the vets and return their items because I'm in it for the heat of the combat, not the loot... problem is, most people don't follow that rule.

im 17 u idiot
I'm* you* and you forgot a period. Lol, Pip was right, that does feel good. Now stop making a fool of yourself.

Edit: see, this is funny because you called me kid. That's funny. I hope you see how this is ironic...

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I'm* you* and you forgot a period. Lol, Pip was right, that does feel good. Now stop making a fool of yourself.

Edit: see, this is funny because you called me kid. That's funny. I hope you see how this is ironic...
sorry for not using punctuation of mineman game sorry bro!!!!

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
I'd love to hit the ELO of /pvp top, but i refuse to kill low levels to get there... If I wanna be at Naxet's level, I'm gonna get good enough to kill people of his skill level before I climb. I got a moral obligation to help the lowbies, kill the vets and return their items because I'm in it for the heat of the combat, not the loot... problem is, most people don't follow that rule.
That's because most PvP here is mostly gear-based. If I'm able to cheese someone of any level out of good gear, I'll keep the gear. It's all fair, you killed them, why shouldn't you keep the loot? Help the lowbies by advising them to not set foot where they can die until they're ready. :p

sorry for not using punctuation of mineman game sorry bro!!!!
All trolling each other aside, good roasts bro. You gotta work on the wit a little bit, but you definitely know how to push buttons... also don't let the competition manipulate you into giving your age if your gonna go with the classic "kid" thing, it pisses most people off but I kinda used it to my advantage... but I digress, this is off topic.

That's because most PvP here is mostly gear-based. If I'm able to cheese someone of any level out of good gear, I'll keep the gear. It's all fair, you killed them, why shouldn't you keep the loot? Help the lowbies by advising them to not set foot where they can die until they're ready. :p
Seriously? I was wearing full set t5 armor, (still saving souls and catalysts to make the t6 zeal set) and just got absolutely shredded. But ya know, wizards... when you get chain piggified and entangled, not much battle that can be done...

ahh we're getting off topic... convo's closed, shit was lost, I learned there's a new path to avoid pvp till im ready. To hell with death chest glitch. grr. yeah. Stuff.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
All trolling each other aside, good roasts bro. You gotta work on the wit a little bit, but you definitely know how to push buttons... also don't let the competition manipulate you into giving your age if your gonna go with the classic "kid" thing, it pisses most people off but I kinda used it to my advantage... but I digress, this is off topic.
ill write that in my troll book, "dont give away my age"
thx

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
Very annoying when people ignorantly respond to posts like this
"Oh well you could've done _____"
Yes, options are always available in any scenario, but that doesn't discard the issue.
The power difference between experienced players and new players is a big issue, but I know kainzo and staff are already on this well known issue.

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
Yes, options are always available in any scenario, but that doesn't discard the issue.
The power difference between experienced players and new players is a big issue, but I know kainzo and staff are already on this well known issue.
It's not ignorance, it's hindsight. The issue was presented for not having evaluated safer alternatives.
Please, let's not turn this into a larger deal than it has to be because I helped him acknowledge better paths in the way that I did.

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
It's not ignorance, it's hindsight. The issue was presented for not having evaluated safer alternatives.
Please, let's not turn this into a larger deal than it has to be because I helped him acknowledge better paths in the way that I did.
Sorry, but that post wasn't aimed at you whatsoever. There were just some ignorant replies I saw (not including yours) which is why I said that.
Don't be so Narcissistic :p

ChesterH

Stone
There are two sides this convo.

"Oh there could have been ways to avoid being killed you should have done this"

But I feel that you cannot expect new players to know every possible method in a game until they have played it for quite some time.

The thing is, yes, there are indeed better alternatives to things but Herocraft isn't exactly a very simple game to understand/learn.

Of course you can ask professions or experience players but sometimes you never get an answer or you get put off just because people find you annoying due to the fact that you ask too many questions.

You cannot blame one for being ignorant when the solution is not at all that simple.

Rather we need to ensure that new players who join understand the system well.
+1 for tutorial island

I apologize if I have left any detail out or misunderstood anyone

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Of course experienced players going to be more powerful that new players... there is no way around that

Pixxy

Legacy Supporter 2
I'm going to reply to this from two standpoints.

1: The person killing the other
Going to be completely honest, Munch and I were "going on an adventure!" and we were running around through different herogates. The server is heavily based around PvP and fighting other players, as well as players gaining & attaining elo. If I felt bad and had a guilty conscience for every new player I killed along the way while going somewhere, or getting sidetracked. I usually leave death chests unless I know that the person has items or things that I definitely want. If you're helping a newer player, you should know the nature of the server as it is advertised, Hardcore PvP, and expect something like this to happen, and explain it to them.

2: Being killed
On the other hand, there's the shitty feeling of being killed on your first day or your first day back from a long period of time. I saw, you played for a few days before the incident that is in discussion, and you must've known the nature of the server in the two or three days that you're back. All that aside, being killed when you're a low level is pretty shit. You work hard to get whatever you've managed to scrap up, only to be killed, and in this case, not have a death chest spawn. We don't expect the bugs to happen, and it's not something that people know about right away when logging on. I've logged on after being gone all day only to find out that when I killed someone, their chest didn't spawn or anything.

I've been there and been the new player with nothing. My first three days on the server I was camped relentlessly because my first town was right by a graveyard, and my friends and I lost a lot, if not everything those first few days. A lot of this server now is about trial and error, learning from your mistakes, and it is also advertised as a hardcore PvP server, and will as such be treated as one.

That being said (again) I think there should be a lenience time for new(er) players to become acquainted with the nature of the server, a safe time of a few hours or so.