• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

GG Pvp

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I'm all for hardcore risk when outside, but this thread shows there is a problem.

Back in Bastion, I'll admit it was interesting that whenever I was outside, I was at risk of attack.
It didn't happen much, and it annoyed me when it did, but it would've been a good deal more boring if there was absolute safety.

However, it still stands that a level 1 being able to just be murdered isn't a great setup.
As already stated, level caps on PvP don't work due to abuse of them for safe raiding.
The current solution of "stay in the dungeon until you're good" isn't a great one, either, as you're playing half the game (if not more) in a completely separate environment just to not die.
Sure, there is PvP-on in the later dungeons, but that just became timed instead, so now it's also playing at the right time.

In prior instances of similar threads, I've seen words to the effect of "the people strong enough to take it and stay create our community here".
The thing is, based on these posts alone, that doesn't seem to have created a great spread of people.
Not only in the "only those who are willing to take it until they can fight" manner, but in attitude toward the system.
In a normal set of circumstances, if someone challenges how something happened and the answer is "that's how this works", it gets answered and it's over.
I.e. "I heard a hiss and my house is gone" "That's a creeper, they do that" /thread
It doesn't go on for four pages on a debate/troll over whether creepers should blow up houses and what happens when they do.
Maybe some safety tips are shared, but people move on rather quickly because it doesn't ruin the experience.
Here, it doesn't end at that. It goes on with some attempts at discussion, some trolling, some "pvp is dead" and "git good" circles, but it's still here.

Just from that, it's pretty clear that things aren't going the way they should.

Of course, I see the "there's a portal to a PvP-off dungeon, go there" responses, but look at the above.
If it was that simple of an answer, this thread would have ended and let that be that.
...look at that, it's still here.